Round 2: HabitualPurpose's Whole45

habitualpurpose

HI all,

I just finished my first Whole30 last Monday have decided to jump right back in again this Monday--just a week later. After years and years of not eating well, I feel I need a bit longer of the "strict" Whole30 way of eating to really imprint my brain for future success.

I want to join the crowd on August 1st but since I don't want to wait, I'm tacking on an additional 15 days.

Yay!

Thanks Derval!

Day 1:

Breakfast:

- 2 eggs

Somehow I need to figure out getting more veggies in in the morning--mornings are just so busy!! I think I may bake some egg cups tonight with spinach, zucchini and onion in it for me to have readily available in the mornings.

Lunch:

- leftover dijon chicken from last night on a bed of mixed salad greens with avocado

Snack:

- small handful of macadamia nuts

Dinner:

- absolutely delicious Blue Ribbon Country Captain Chicken from Well Fed. YUM!!

There is a bag of cookies in the house (grrrrr). For the first time since starting my first Whole30 I paused to look at something sweet. And then I reminded myself that those little cookies would in fact not taste anywhere as good as it would need to be to be worth tasting them. Aside from that, they would not make me feel good either. And with that...I walked away. I don't think I would have actually eaten one but it was some interested self talk.

Hmmmm...busy day yesterday--didn't get to log.

Day 2:

Breakfast:

- 2 eggs

- 1 banana

(sigh...veggies are so hard to get in in the morning when in a hurry)

Lunch:

- banana with almond butter

(Not at all ideal. Had to improvise due to schedule change)

Dinner:

- leftover Blue Ribbon Country Captain Chicken atop salad greens with avocado YUM

Day 4:

Breakfast:

- 2 eggs

Lunch:

- almond butter and banana

Snack:

- roast beef slices

Dinner:

- omelet with smoked salmon and avocado

- roasted cauliflower

Okay--so today was a LOUSY veggie day. Partly because my lunch plans got foiled for my planned salad with multiple veggies.

Day 5:

It's interesting...I seem to be struggling a bit this round. Not with WHAT to eat--more with when to eat and making sure I'm eating. I need to go back to preparing things ahead of time

Breakfast:

- none (was totally late and ran out the door basically forgetting to eat)

Lunch:

- salad with lettuce, bell peppers, asparagus, chicken and 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner:

- chicken adobo with green beans, bell peppers and kelp noodles

- salad with lettuce, bell peppers and avocado

Day 6:

Breakfast:

- 2 eggs

Lunch:

- salmon sashimi (no soy sauce)

- roasted cauliflower

Dinner:

- ground beef, salsa, avocado on a bed of lettuce

I took a nap today (miracle of all miracles!!) which felt lovely. During my nap I had the oddest dream about chocolate kisses. I really haven't thought about chocolate since before my first Whole30--so it was odd to have that pop up.

Having the strangest dreams lately--not necessarily about food but I'm remembering them.

Day 7:

Breakfast:

- scramble with eggs, zucchini and onion

- W30 compliant bacon (YUM!)

Lunch:

breakfast was huge and late so I wasn't hungry for lunch

Dinner:

- oven roasted tuna steak with dijon sauce

- salad of lettuce, mushrooms, bell pepper and avocado

- brussel sprouts with ghee

Day 8:

Breakfast:

I'm back to egg cups again to manage getting veggies in with my protein in the morning

- 3 egg cups (egg, zucchini, onion, mushroom)

Lunch:

- solid white tuna on a bed of mixed lettuce with avocado

Snack:

- macadamia nuts

Dinner:

- chicken adobo (subbing coconut aminos for soy sauce)

- salad of mixed greens, bell pepper and avocado

Day 11:

Breakfast:

- 2 egg cups

- black coffee

Lunch:

- leftover chicken dijon

- leftover roasted cauliflower

- blackberries

Dinner:

- scramble with eggs, zucchini and onion

- 3 slices of nectarine

Thoughts:

Feeling hungry this afternoon. I think I waited too long to eat lunch--or maybe the coffee is causing a reaction of some sort. Forgot to defrost ground beef--so improvised with a scramble for dinner. More eggs than I'd like in a day but it was yummy.

Day 12:

Breakfast:

- eggs in bell pepper rings

- raspberry/blueberry mix

Lunch:

- tuna

- salad greens

- avocado

Snack:

- 6 macadamia nuts

Dinner:

- Adele's chicken apple sausage (W30 compliant)

- green beans

- salad of mixed greens, bell pepper and avocado

Thoughts:

I was STARVING between lunch and dinner. I don't remember having that feeling since early on in my first Whole30. had to get some protein/fat in me to keep the hungry demons away--so I had a few macadamia nuts.

Day 14:

Well...since last night I've been feeling...ummm...a little "full" if you get my drift. Not sure why other than I hadn't done as good of a job at drinking my water the past couple of days. I'm fairly sure that may have had something to do with it. Needless to say, I haven't felt like eating a whole lot today. I have been drinking a ton of water though to try to get things "moving".

Breakfast:

- eggs easy over

- blueberries

Lunch:

- didn't feel like I could eat

Dinner:

- absolutely amazing citrus carnitas from Melissa's Well Fed

- salad with lettuce carrots, bell pepper and avocado (couldn't eat all of it)

el6t0h.jpg

Well...life has been busy and I took a couple days off of logging (my first break in logging since starting my first Whole30 in June). I'm happy to say that the food I've eaten in the last few days has been W30 compliant although I need to work on eating 3 meals and making sure to get my veggies in!

Also...apparently logging is indeed important to my doing the above. Accountability!!!

Day 20:

Great day today! I feel satiated, content and had a nice time eating out with friends and my kids.

Breakfast:

- scramble with egg, zucchini and onion

Lunch:

- ground beef patty with a fried egg, grilled onions and mushrooms and avocado with a side salad from the farmers market at the ferry building. soooo good!

Dinner:

- citrus carnitas from Well Fed

- roasted cauliflower

- salad of lettuce, carrots and avocado

Snack:

- pistachios

Day 21:

Breakfast:

- 3 eggs over-hard

Lunch:

Lunch was interesting while visiting with my parents and other family. There was a lot on the table that was not W30 compliant but I managed to construct a lunch plate with acceptable items. The trickiest part was that my cousin is an amazing baker and of course brought goodies to share and send home with us. I've stayed away from them though and am saving them for kiddos.

- salad with shrimp

- pickle (W30 compliant)

- hard boiled egg

Dinner:

- emergency protein with ground beef, shredded carrots, onion, mushrooms, and kale on a bed of lettuce

Day 22:

Breakfast:

- 3 eggs over-hard

(still having a challenge getting veggies in at breakfast)

Lunch:

- leftover citrus carnitas on a bed of lettuce

Snack:

- smoked salmon

Dinner:

- dijon chicken

- roasted green beans

- salad with lettuce, carrots and mushrooms

Snack:

- too many macadamia nuts

Feeling quite munchy today.

Day 23:

Breakfast:

- 3 eggs over hard

Lunch:

- leftover emergency protein: ground beef, shredded carrots, onion, mushrooms, and kalle

Dinner:

this was a bit of a fail. missed dinner opportunity at dinner

- banana with almond butter

Snack:

- Way way way too many macadamia nuts. Been going through some hard stuff and found myself back in behavior of mindless snacking. No more macadamia nuts for me.

Archived