Starting September 9th looking for support

charleyd40

Hi guys!  I did a very successful Whole 30 challenge in June/July.  I felt so great, lost alot of weight (9 lbs) in 30 days and 22 inches.  I have gotten distracted and need to focus again. What a great way to re-focus.  If you are interested in partnering with me to start September 9th, let me know. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am! I'm starting on September 1 but would be happy to jaunt along with you. This is my second Whole30, I lost 12 pounds in July on my first. My husband is coming along for the ride this time, which should be interesting...he is a compromise-negotiator and I'm trying to wrap his head around the fact that this is a no cheat/no compromise prospect. I've been eating pretty much this way since last September and have lost 77 pounds to date. 

Mrs. Robinson I think you might be the one to ask!! I see that people have lost some weight doing the whole 30 but i have been wondering if the people that have gone on to do the whole 60 and the whole 90 lost weight to. Did you stay on the program or what did you do after your whole 30? I would like to lose about 40 pounds but not sure what to do after my whole 30.

I went wheat and sugar free back in September of 2012 to address some health issues I had. Dropping wheat eliminated those issues, and then I started losing weight and just kept refining my nutrition. I did my first Whole 30 because my weight loss rate had slowed down and I suspected that it was my dairy intake that was to blame, I had gotten in the habit of eating a lot of cheese and using half and half daily....and I further suspected that dairy kicked off both an unhealthy psychological response and some other physical unpleasantness. Given my success with loss on that first 30 and the improvement in how I felt in general I think I was right, reintroduction has seen the return of some of my issues. So I'd say that for the last year I've been eating generally primal, and I'm making the transition to paleo and plan to stay there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I just finished a successful Whole 30 on August 27th.  It went great.  I lost 16 pounds of the 42 I need to lose.  I have since gained a few pounds back.  I am HORRIBLE once I get off the Whole30.  I have stayed away from sugar but I am eating wheat, white flour (sugar, basically) and corn and dairy.  I just don't have a good handle on eating paleo after Whole 30 so i am going to do it again.  I have about 30 pounds to lose and I want to get back to eating better again.  It's amazing how quickly I can fall right back into old habits.  But, I don't want to.  I know I can gain back the 16 pounds I lost and I don't want to do that so I am hopefully taking care of that.  

Mrs. Robinson - I like your story. You are an inspiration to how I want to do this.  I joined a forum for my last Whole 30.  It made all the difference in the world as far as my success with it.  I know that I am going to need to stay connected to other Whole30er's along the way.

So, Charlyed40, thanks for starting this.  I'm excited to tag along on this journey with you  :)

I am starting Sept 9th as well and would be glad to have some support!!!

@ Lees96- does that mean will be doing it again together?

I started a whole 30 on July 29th, but was stopped due to an unexplaned medical issue. They put me on a low residue diet and I have been cleared to go back to the Whole30, so Sept 9 it is!

Just wanted to post a couple of photos as encouragement for anyone who has a dark day of discouragement and asks the question, "Is it all worth it? Does it work?" The first one is me in June of last year, too big to fit in a restaurant booth comfortably. The second one was taken recently...nearly 80 pounds lighter. The third picture is the kind of place I can now hike to easily in this body. And I'm only halfway done. Just imagine what is yet to come. Hang in there.

post-32082-0-36199300-1378484282_thumb.j

post-32082-0-61225500-1378484397_thumb.j

post-32082-0-15579500-1378484531_thumb.j

My partner and I are starting our second Whole 30 on the 9th, too. We did one in April and felt amazing, but stuff started creeping back into our diets until we realized we were eating things like tofu and rice noodles again. What in the world..?

I was thinking I should do another, but then last night he said he wanted to without any prompt from me. I'd be a fool to pass up a chance for my husband to instigate better eating.

I am starting on Sept 8, and would love to tag along with you all.

Anyone have insight into wether we can have tea, macadamia nut oil, and cashew butter? A couple things I have seen in recipes that I want to try.

I am thinking that I will start with the regulat Whole 30 plan, then adjust to the AI protocol if all is going well at the two week mark. My husband will be joining me at that point. We both have autoimmune issues.

Karen

This will be my 3rd whole thirty> I do well for a few months but slowly I let certain non-whole thirty food back in, then all hell breaks loose. I get fat arounf the middle, get bloated and get very fatigued, not a good feeling. |W|ould love some group support. Meal planning is my nemesis,

Terri

Hi.

I am starting for the first time on September 9th, too, and would love to support and be supported. On the diet to combat exhaustion (adrenal) and battle a huge sugar addiction. I would rather eat chocolate than food, and often did. I am 45, a mom of two teenage boys, and have my own business. started feeling extremely exhausted to the core the past 5 years. This program seems like it will do the job. Want the next 45+ years to be awesome and energetic. Not struggling to lift myself out of the chair, and being grumpy with my family.

Hi.

I am starting for the first time on September 9th, too, and would love to support and be supported. On the diet to combat exhaustion (adrenal) and battle a huge sugar addiction. I would rather eat chocolate than food, and often did. I am 45, a mom of two teenage boys, and have my own business. started feeling extremely exhausted to the core the past 5 years. This program seems like it will do the job. Want the next 45+ years to be awesome and energetic. Not struggling to lift myself out of the chair, and being grumpy with my family.

Hello,

I am also starting on Monday the 9th.  I had originally planned on starting today but realized that I needed more preparation.

I'm a lifelong yoyo dieter, and had managed to get in shape and maintain years ago.  About 4 years ago, I had some very stressful events occur in my life and I was completely derailed.  Now at age 53, in the throes of menopause, I don't think that I've ever been more out of shape.  And at this point in my life, I'm dealing with physical issues because of my weight.

I'm ready and excited about trying this program, and I'm curious to see what changes I can expect, besides the expected weight loss.

Ingrid

Hi. I am starting tomorrow (9th) too. I've just finished reading the book and have been shopping for some good healthy meat and veggies. I am determined to complete the 30 days - and that includes seven days away in a cottage with my husband. We will self cater and save money by not going out to eat. Win Win. 

Good luck 

I'm in! I technically stared today but would LOVE the support. This is my first time doing the Whole30. I've been teetering on and off with a Paleo diet and I feel this will help me lock it down. I've also had some hormone related symptoms I'm being tested for but would love to see if this way of eating could counter act them. I do have some weight to lose but the knocking cravings and unhealthy cycles with food are most important to me!

Im IN for starting on Sept 9...need support!!  I started a whole 30 and was really upset with myself with not completeing it.  I just could not let myself be successfull:( 

After a few months, I have realized that because of the whole 30, i gave up my LOVE with peanut butter and dairy. Never did I think I could survive without the two but I have and dont even miss them.  So with that said, Im going to try this again.  I have Crohns disease and I am reliant on medications.  My doctors have told me that I need to remain on my meds or I will build up immunities and then they will not work again.  I just dont trust myself enough to just rely on food to heal me.  I am afraid I can not keep this lifestyle up forever.....Hoping to change my mindset and my life!!!!!!

I will also be joining you tomorrow!

Back in July I completed 26 days of a Whole30 before heading off on vacation. When I returned, I embarked on another, but after 12 days decided to try my hand at off-roading, Whole30-style...and I failed miserably! (Picture me gleefully surrounded by empty Coke Zero cans and french fry containers, and you'll get the picture.) So I'm back for another round, planning to stick with it until the new habits are well and truly engrained.

This afternoon I did my week's menu-planning and shopping. This evening I cooked up tomorrow's lunch, and in the morning, I'll put tomorrow's dinner in the crockpot while I'm cooking breakfast.

I also re-signed up for the daily e-mails. That bit of monetary sacrifice is a form of commitment for me, and I know it'll help me stick to the plan.

I look forward to hearing how everyone does this time around!

Hi all! I am starting my 2nd W30 tomorrow and I would love to hop on board to have a support group too! I completed my first one in March, lost 11 lbs and felt terrific but I am not off-roading well at all, so it's time for another. Good luck to everyone, we can do it.

Archived