Starting September 9th looking for support

charleyd40

My ibuprofen caps contain lactose and sucrose :(  :(

But they are so small I am hoping they won't affect my Whole 30 (although I understand the need to be clean). I need them though - and I am planning on a whole 45 or 60 so I am not starting from scratch. That would demotivate me and my motivation and determination is strong at the moment. 

Yesterday was a good day. I found ghee in my local supermarket (Tesco). It says it is made from best quality butter and has a lovely bucolic picture of black and white cows grazing on lush green grass on the can. Oh those marketing guys are good!! It certainly cooked my sirloin steak nicely last night. One thing I have missed is butter for cooking so I am a happy girl now. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting another whole 30 today. Did my first back in June and lost 15lbs, had a couple of days off and then did another taking my total weight loss to 25lb :) have been a bit sidetracked the last few weeks and finding my eating habits have been more bad choices than good so doing another whole 30 from today to get me back on track.

Day 17 menus:

B ham, ½ avocado, spinach and a whole segmented grapefruit. 

L lamb and leek soup - made with the juices from my slow cooked lamb so plenty of fat. 

D pork tenderloin pan fried in ghee with mixed veg braise - cabbage, onion, mushroom, carrot. Banana and coconut milk with dessicated coconut. I'm not buying any more bananas as I am getting to like this too much.  

Sharyn,

Can you make you own ghee? Once I started that, I wouldn't go back to store bought unless there were jo other options.

Day 18 getting started. A little tired, I am definitely not used to getting up at t4 am anymore. Pedicure tonight!

Food plan

B 1 chicken sausage, 1 egg, 1/2 small sweet potato hash browns, salad

L chicken breast, salad, 1/2 avocado, nuts, leftover roasted veggies

D bacon and butternut squash soup, shrimp, ???? I p r obqbly still need a fat here.

I realized today that when I'd gone to the bathroom I didn't unbutton my jeans, just pushed them down out of habit thanks to all the elastic waists I wore for years. Guess who is wearing a belt right now. :-) I figure I'm about 2-3 weeks from downsizing for the third time.

MrsRobinson - I thought that was the most exciting thing after my gastric bypass, the realizing it was time to buy a smaller size.  My 100 lb weight loss lasted quite a while after the gastric bypass until I started fertility treatment and also fell into my old habits.  But here I am now on day 14 of my first whole30, about 10lbs from my goal weight.  And feeling less achy than I have in years.

SharynF- Ghee was REALLY easy to make at home.  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/15235810877/d-i-y-ghee

I'm still using my first batch.  The only thing is, I used salted butter so the ghee is pretty salty.  Just need to think of that before adding seasonings to foods cooked in it.  I'll use unsalted butter next time I make it.

I'm on day 14 here.  Doing well.  Today is my 8th wedding anniversary.  I'm only about 10 lbs heavier right now than my wedding weight, all cuz of my diet change.

I will make my own ghee in future. But I wanted something to take on holiday on Saturday. Yep, you heard! I am going on holiday for a week during my Whole 30 :) Luckily it is self catering so I am taking loads of food with me. Hubby is happy with that and I know I am lucky that he is so supportive. He would just like me to be happy and slim again I really feel as if that is a possibility now.

Day 17 done and dusted. Just going to log off and have an early night as my back feels easier prone. Got a remedial massage booked for tomorrow morning so hopefully I won't need to take the anti-inflammatories for much longer. 

Have a good evening if you are in US and I'll catch y'all tomorrow. Night night 

Can you make you own ghee? Once I started that, I wouldn't go back to store bought unless there were jo other options.

Just curious, why do you prefer to make yours?  Do you find it to be cheaper?  I'm constantly struggling with the dilemma of which is more necessary - saving time or saving money.

My ibuprofen caps contain lactose and sucrose :(   :(

But they are so small I am hoping they won't affect my Whole 30 (although I understand the need to be clean). I need them though - and I am planning on a whole 45 or 60 so I am not starting from scratch. That would demotivate me and my motivation and determination is strong at the moment. 

Yesterday was a good day. I found ghee in my local supermarket (Tesco). It says it is made from best quality butter and has a lovely bucolic picture of black and white cows grazing on lush green grass on the can. Oh those marketing guys are good!! It certainly cooked my sirloin steak nicely last night. One thing I have missed is butter for cooking so I am a happy girl now. 

Doctor's prescriptions trump Whole30. So if your doctor prescribed ibuprofen for you, you're fine. Otherwise seek another option that is W30 compliant.

Success story: I had THE URGE tonight. The urge to stuff my face with basically anything. As most of you may know, it's not just one urge. It's a nagging sensation that surfaces over and over, usually until I've quelled it with food. But tonight, I SUPRESSED THE URGE! I supressed it during dinner, and didn't help myself to seconds. I ignored it as I put the food in the fridge, as the jar of almond butter stared at me longingly, as I packed my daughter's lunch, and as I cleaned the kitchen up from dinner.

And now it's time for bed!

I still don't fit into my pants that I bought last spring, and in was feeling pretty bummed about that today because I've been Whole30 complaint for 40 of the last 45 days, BUT. BUT!!! I didn't give into my demons tonight, and that's something to celebrate.

Wishing you all a good night and a restful sleep.

Why do I like to make my own ghee?  I don't know - only made it once and it has lasted for two weeks so far.  In my case, I had a bunch of butter sitting around the house and it was the first recipe in Nom Nom Paleo that I tried and it was so easy that I'll probably use up the butter that is in the freezer the same way.  I'm making my own mayo, too, now that I found out how easy it is to make. 

Success story: I had THE URGE tonight. The urge to stuff my face with basically anything. As most of you may know, it's not just one urge. It's a nagging sensation that surfaces over and over, usually until I've quelled it with food. But tonight, I SUPRESSED THE URGE! I supressed it during dinner, and didn't help myself to seconds. I ignored it as I put the food in the fridge, as the jar of almond butter stared at me longingly, as I packed my daughter's lunch, and as I cleaned the kitchen up from dinner.

I still don't fit into my pants that I bought last spring, and in was feeling pretty bummed about that today because I've been Whole30 complaint for 40 of the last 45 days, BUT. BUT!!! I didn't give into my demons tonight, and that's something to celebrate.

You Rock!!!

Today was a good day

CrossFit this morning which was frustrating and at the same time almost exhilarating when I thought about the fact that I was frustrated I couldn't get a lift the way I wanted to and 8 months ago I didn't even lift....well anything!!

I made my first batch of Mayo last night (using an immersion aka stick blender) and it ROCKS!  I quit using Mayo back in Jan and I have so missed it!!

Dinner tonight was a bed of baby spinach with heirloom tomatoes and sautéed chicken hearts….with MAYO!!

YUMMY!!

:D

Man I'm excited about that Mayo :lol:

I did however close the hatch of my Explorer into my face last night, thankfully nothing seems broken but I do have a lovely egg on my forehead and a bruised nose. 

Pay attention to what the heck you're doing when closing vehicles up :D

And with that, I'm putting Day 17 to bed!!

Take care all, be safe.

Just curious, why do you prefer to make yours?  Do you find it to be cheaper?  I'm constantly struggling with the dilemma of which is more necessary - saving time or saving money.

My husband didn't like the taste of the comercial stuff. I did spend the money on the better butter. I think it was worth it.

I had a "hangry" time tonight. Not my best work at avoiding bad food. After dinner I avoided seconds, but had a handful of nuts, and a fair amount of watermelom. It was the end of the fruit so that is a good thing. It ould have been so much worse.

Today was a good day

CrossFit this morning which was frustrating and at the same time almost exhilarating when I thought about the fact that I was frustrated I couldn't get a lift the way I wanted to and 8 months ago I didn't even lift....well anything!!

I made my first batch of Mayo last night (using an immersion aka stick blender) and it ROCKS!  I quit using Mayo back in Jan and I have so missed it!!

Dinner tonight was a bed of baby spinach with heirloom tomatoes and sautéed chicken hearts….with MAYO!!

YUMMY!!

:D

Man I'm excited about that Mayo :lol:

I did however close the hatch of my Explorer into my face last night, thankfully nothing seems broken but I do have a lovely egg on my forehead and a bruised nose. 

And with that, I'm putting Day 17 to bed!!

Take care all, be safe.

Sorry about your face! I made mayo tonight as well. I use it in all kinds of things. Congrats on the success with the stick blender.

Hi everyone, you are doing so great.  The last few days have been so busy, I am on day 17 today, I really doubted myself when starting the whole 30, I didn't think I could make it that long without eating sugar or grains, or snacks.  Yesterday was the first day I had a true hunger issue.  I have stayed 100%.  patting myself on back.  It really does help to read other people's posts, ideas, etc.,  I am sorry this is not very personal, but thank you all for sharing and being here.

Yesterdays meals

B:  Pumpkin pancakes made with 2 eggs and about 3/4 cup pumpkin and spices, topped with teaspoon almond butter

L:  Left over chicken curry soup made with organic chicken broth, chicken breasts, coconut milk, peppers, onions, zuchini and spinach

D:  Shrimp stir fried in coconut oil with peppers, onions, zuchinis------

Got hungry, had about 1/4 cup frozen cherries with a little bit of coconut milk mixed in, then remembered I had broccolini in the microwave I forgot to eat with dinner

I came home to find my daughter had made homemade chocolate cupcakes, caught myself wanting to put my finger on the icing but didn't do it...

Hope you all have a terrific day

:)  Thanks cortner1195!  It's been a painful lesson in being more mindful at all times :lol:

Tomorrow is a big test for me.  Work team-building function at a bowling alley for 4 hours. 

"Doors will open at 12:00 to our room, and food will be served upon arrival.  Drink and Game tickets will be provided..."

Now in the past I usually didn't go to these types of functions since it is the “big†team and not my direct, work with all the time team but I got a promotion last month and well this kind of thing is now expected. 

My plan is to eat a good lunch before I go and take a Primal Pac or 2 with me as “just in caseâ€.  I shouldn't be hungry during this time but watching everyone munch on Nachos and Fries and Beer…

Any other tips??  Oh and I don't bowl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just curious, has anyone started Day 31 planning yet?
When I decided to do Whole 30 I figured I would just take it a day at a time and if I hated it I would just give it up.  My son's birthday is on Day 28 so I figured I would actually be doing 28 days but even as early as 1 week in I realized 28 days would make me unhappy, I want 30.

So now, with less than 2 weeks to go, I sort of don't know where to go when 30 is over. 

Have you thought about what you are going to reintroduce first? 

Are you going to extend past 30 days?

Are you worried about any side effects from reintroduction?

I kind of want to extend to 45 because I have a duathlon on the 20th and I have done the hardest parts of my training during Whole 30 and I don't want to go through any drastic dietary changes in the last 2 weeks (this was also the reason I almost decided against Whole30). 

Join me Dave, I intend carrying on for a 45 or 60.  I go on holiday on Saturday and could have let that stop me starting on 9/9 but I wanted to do something 'NOW'. I am now determined that my 19 days (as of close Friday) won't have been wasted and I am going to be compliant on hols. One thing I may have is a black coffee if I fancy one (I am caffeine free throughout this too) but I probably won't. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I slept well. This rarely happens as I have been a lousy sleeper for decades. To sleep so deep and sound whilst experiencing back pain was amazing.

This morning I went for a massage for my poorly back and the masseuse was brilliant. The difference in my back is wonderful. But the best thing was that she is paleo and knew about Whole 30. We had a great chat about paleo, Mark's Daily Apple and NomNomPaleo :) And she gave some info on apps and websites that I am going to check out. 

Today's food has been off kilter due to early massage. 

Meal 1 @ 8am: one slice of ham, cup of rooibos tea (could this be a pre-workout meal?)

Massage, swim, steam, sauna

Meal 2 @ 1.30pm:  2 chicken thighs, large mixed salad, ½ avocado, mayo; banana, coconut milk, desiccated coconut. 

Meal 3: 2 chicken thighs, last night's leftover veg made into a hash with sweet potato. 

Day 18 is rocking!!

I had planned to extend to 60 days but realized that my birthday is on Day 32 and there is no way in....yeah I'm not going to Whole30 on my birthday!!

So I'm going to take a week off and try to use some caution but eat what I want, especially on the couple days surrounding my birthday (Friends are taking me to a resturant here in Portland I've been wanting to try - should be quite Paelo actually!).

So I intend to start a 2nd Whole30 on 10/14!

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has done this.

Distracted living.

This morning I went for a massage for my poorly back and the masseuse was brilliant. The difference in my back is wonderful. But the best thing was that she is paleo and knew about Whole 30. We had a great chat about paleo, Mark's Daily Apple and NomNomPaleo :) And she gave some info on apps and websites that I am going to check out. 

ooh what apps and websites?  I'm always "researching"

@carrotflowers - YAY!  

Archived