Starting September 9th looking for support

charleyd40

Hope everyone is doing well! Had a little vacation so I haven't been on much, but everything is humming along nicely. Experimenting this week with batch cooking some of my planned meal components to save time.. Cooking up batches of ground beef, pre-chopping vegetables, etc. Seems to be working.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5 was a terrible day of noticing how I put food in my mouth absent-mindedly!  But I caught myself each time.

I bought a chicken to make nom nom's slow cooker chicken and gravy tomorrow.  Today I had a taco salad with shredded iceberg lettuce, ground beef, tomatoes, and onions.  I had peaches for desert with some shavings from my coconut cream that I put in the fridge by accident and solidified.

This plan is hard.  Home is stressful and I don't have the support I wish I had.  Financially this plan is expensive, too.  But I'm almost done with the first week.  I had my first bout of rage/ crabbbiness this evening - hopefully it is just one of the normal expected emotional responses.  Looking forward to Day 6 but running out of groceries!

@drtracyb I understand that it can seem overwhelming... I save money by planning meals that I know I'll get several meals from. I might roast a chicken, then make bone broth from the carcass, then make a pot of soup with the broth. I plan chili and stews so I can get a couple of lunches and a dinner. We don't buy a lot of the extras, we just focus on vegetables, eggs, and the best meat we can afford.

Day 9. Nine has always been my lucky number. 

Exercise today was a trip around town trying to buy some trousers for my holiday in a couple of weeks. I hate shopping!  But I managed to find two pairs so I am set. They should keep me going until I drop a couple of sizes. 

I met a group of friends for coffee and I ordered peppermint tea. It came in a lovely glass pot with fresh chopped mint leaves. When you put the pot over the cup the tea was released from the bottom of the pot. Must work on a vacuum I suppose. Much nicer than any coffee I have ever had! 

Food has been good so far. Using up leftovers that I made on purpose. 

B 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and roasted carrots cooked in goose fat, spinach

L turkey mince dry fried and drained, onion and apple sauce (leftover from Sunday's slow cooker shoulder of pork so full of juices and fat), spinach. Banana and coconut milk. 

D cold pork made into something hot with roasted swede, cabbage, mushrooms and tomatoes. 

Feeling positive and focused. 

I've had a ridiculous headache for the past 2 days. What do you think that's about? I don't think it's dehydration because I'm filling up my water bottle all the time and peeing constantly.

I don't think I'm eating quite enough. I'm trying but my meals are just so boring and repetitive and I lose interest. And I also eat reallllllly slowly but I'm on a schedule so I end up not finishing a lot of times. I don't feel that hungry though. I mean my stomach's not eating itself between meals or anything. I know I need to do better but I haven't figured it out yet. Could the headache be from that?

Other than that, I feel pretty good. No tiger blood but I can't seem to get a full 8 hours either.

My husband's boss is paying for any employee that wants to, to start going to cross fit with him. Smy husband signed up and he has no idea what cross fit is. It's kind of funny but I'm also kind of terrified for him. Hes always saying he wants to start working out but whenever I try to make him do stuff, he won't push himself and gives up. So I didn't tell him what it was. I didnt want to scare him off and I honestly have never tried it so I only know what I hear from other people. Do you think he's gonna die the first day?

I've had a ridiculous headache for the past 2 days. What do you think that's about? I don't think it's dehydration because I'm filling up my water bottle all the time and peeing constantly.

I don't think I'm eating quite enough. I'm trying but my meals are just so boring and repetitive and I lose interest. And I also eat reallllllly slowly but I'm on a schedule so I end up not finishing a lot of times. I don't feel that hungry though. I mean my stomach's not eating itself between meals or anything. I know I need to do better but I haven't figured it out yet. Could the headache be from that?

It would help to see what you've been eating: if you post 2-3 days worth of your food log, folks here may be able to give you some specific feedback.

Like chris said, a few days of food will be a great insight. You mention drinking/peeing constantly - perhaps you aren't retaining enough fluid and flushing yourself out? That could cause headaches (perhaps lightheadedness?) - do you salt your food with a good quality salt? Depending on your diet before, you may be getting a lot less salt through food. You need about 1/4-1/2tspn per L of water.

Revived - This was my journal entry after my first day of CrossFit - BUT I was horribly out of shape after decades of being sedentary! 

AND - this wasn't even CrossFit :lol: as I know it now 7 months later, this was really just warm up exercises.

When I got in the car I actually had the thought "Oh shit, I hope I can use the clutch" my legs were a trembling mass of goop below my hips - they got better as the night went on but still felt like they'd been deboned somewhat.

I told myself on the drive home that I would give it 2 months - and like I said above that was 7 months ago.  I hate gyms, I've never stuck to exercise in my entire life (I'm 52) and well, here I am!!

Hopefully he'll find his motivation - many CrossFit boxes also offer nutrition and most are Paleo!

:)

the food log is tricky because i dont measure my food in terms of how much i actually ate compared to whats on the plate.  but here's an estimate i guess

sunday:

breakfast- egg fritatta with spinach, kale, ground beef and orange pepper.  i make it in a casserole dish and cut it into squares.  i think 8 squares but not i cant remember.  and i had 2.  plus coffee with ghee and coconut milk

lunch- stir fry with coconut aminos, spices, spaghetti squash, chicken, onion and okra. i filled up a bowl and had like 2/3 of it.  and an apple

supper- 4 chicken tenders made with mayo and then almond meal and fried in oil... i think coconut oil. sweet potato hash and sauteed zucchini.  i didn't eat very much of either of those.... just couldnt do it.  i think all the food together probably covered half my plate at most. i also had a kombucha before dinner.

yesterday:

breakfast- 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk and spinach and chicken - like a chicken steakum thing (chicken and salt are the only ingredients) i would say the whole thing was around 2 cups. and i ate like 2/3 of it. 

coffee with ghee and coconut milk

lunch: 4 chicken tenders leftover from supper.  sweet potato hash and i only had like maybe 1/3 cup if that.  zucchini sauteed in oil  1/2 cup.  apple

dinner: 1 hamburger, palm sized, with mayo, sweet potato hash probably 1/3 cup and maybe 1/3 cup zucchini and yellow squash.  i know my plate is supposed to be full on vegetables but i just couldn't eat anymore and we're out of money till friday so squeezing by here.  

i know variety would help me feel more enthusiastic but i dont have that option at the moment... hopefully friday, i can get some more appetizing things going.  i eat until i start to feel like im going to start gagging and i just dont want it anymore.  and i dont feel hungry.  i start getting hungry just before the next meal and i get hungry before bed but i ignore it then.  

i add salt, either standard table salt or Himalayan pink salt to all my eggs/meat.  and i dont know... i always seem to pee a lot unless im really not drinking enough.  so it doesnt seem abnormal to me.  and im not really lightheaded but i am tired/sluggish which is how i always am no matter what it seems.

Goodmorning!!  This is day 7 for me, I overslept and didn't hear my alarm clock and felt like I was hit by a mach truck with a sore throwat when I got up...uggg, Guess this is where things are being killed off and my body is switching to fat burning mode. 

I definitely had a victory last night.  I had a Boosters Club meeting, we met at a lounge, and I ordered club soda with olives and lime.  I really did want to have an alcoholic drink, but kept sipping away at my club soda, it was not so bad.  It was late, and I had not had dinner, got home at 9 and cooked up some ground chicken with spices and ate it with zuchini noodles with a little coconut oil.  This is probably a no-no, I had about a half teaspoon of coconut butter mixed with almond butter after dinner. 

Barb - What part of Oregon are you in, it is so pretty there.  The weather can definitely get extreme here.  We broke a record this summer for the number of days over 90, it has finally broke and starting to cool down.  Great job on doing the crossfit!  I found a place in Kennewick that offers it, wish the Richland CBRC offered it.

Revived - sorry about the headache, hopefully it is just your body getting rid of the toxins and will go away quickly

drtracyb - Change is never easy, but you are worth it.  Keep getting support here and take one day at a time.  I like the ideas Mrs Robinson gave you.  I need to improve in my planning so I am not going to the store as often.  You can do this. 

Day 7 meals -

Coffee with coconut milk, 2 eggs, spinach, and left over ground turkey in coconut oil

kale salad, 2 adells sausages, will see if I have a sweet potatoe here at work

Chicken, zuchini, tomatoes, half a sweet potatoe

Make it a great day

Recipe alert: Sautéed kale and tomato

Chop up a bunch of kale after cutting the leaf from stem. Throw it into a sauté pan with 1/4 cup of coconut oil, a few smashed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Stir it around and let it wilt for a few minutes. Cut up some tomatoes (I used 4 small tomatoes, rough chop) and add them to the kale. Add a little more salt and pepper. Cover and let cook down and tenderize (5 - 20 minutes, depending on how wilted you want your kale to be). I threw in a sliced pre-cooked chicken thigh and let it heat up for a few minutes. DELICIOUS. I actually dressed mine with Well Fed's Moroccan dipping oil, but I think I prefer it without. SO GOOD! SO EASY!

DAY NINE! Woot. Can't wait to be in double digits tomorrow. Feeling great.

I have been cooking stuff to take to work for the next couple of days. I am swimming tomorrow morning so need to take breakfast and lunch with me. 

Turkey mince, browned and drained. I then added the sauce I made from the onions and Bramley apples and pork juices from my slow cooker pulled pork. I whizzed them with my Bamix (immersion blender) and they are so good. Added cinnamon and nutmeg as my take on the Morning Mix on p.263 of ISWF. 

I have also made a 2 egg mushroom omelette - mushrooms fried in goose fat and added chives.

A large box of salad and that should see me through! I only work from 9.30 to 4 with lunch at 12.30 so work days are hard to plan on hunger and satiety. 

As far as meals this week, I'm happy to say that I'm riding the leftover train! :) I've got Chipotle Chicken Stew and Balsamic Pot Roast leftovers from last week. I made Well Fed's Baba Ghanoush last night, cooked up a ton of chicken thighs, made a batch of mayo, and have a huge container of spinach in the fridge.

The only thing I plan to make this week is Well Fed's Pad Thai one night (sooooo gooneoooooood).

I do not have the well fed book yet. I got suckered in by another book that turned out not to be compliant. Any chance you would share the pad thai?

Cheers.

Eeeek!  Just accidentally put Cheerios in my mouth,  Twice!  Talk about absent-minded eating!  First time they got spit out whole.  Second time they were chewed and now I am trying to pick pieces of cheerios out of my teeth before they cause a whole30 failure!

I actually took a drink of my husbands glass the other day. I thought water, not. Iced tea with sugar. Spit spit. Love the mentalmpic of you picking cheerios out of your mouth. Lol

More later.

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great day...Day 6 for me.  I felt drained the last couple of days but have a bit more energy today. 

Cortner I live in Richland, WA turning 51, and am attempting to train for an olympic or sprint tri end of October in Las Vegas. We have a few things in common.  I am getting back into the habit of running, it is hard to do, I have never felt fast or good at running.  I don't like how it feels when I am doing it but like it afterwards, if that makes sense.  It has been such a hot summer here in Tricities and I didn't get out there much.  Right now my goal is to run a few days of the week, swim a couple days of the week and ride a couple days of the week.  I have to build up endurance for swimming, have not done that in years, not worried about the cycling, and for the run, I know I can walk if I have to.  I come to Spokane every couple months to visit my BFF. Sorry about your injury, It definitely sets you back. How long have you been a runner? 

Drtracyb - I caught myself putting gum in my mouth the other day and spit it out.  I didn't realize I would miss gum.   The good part is you realized you put the Cheerios in your mouth, you have a pretty busy household it sounds like.  My husband is not supportive of eating the fats.  I am hoping he is not going to say anything negative to me about the amount of fat I am eating, he is a PHD Scientist, and is hard to convince otherwise, so I will have to show him that it works.  My kids, I have slowly been sneaking in the whole foods and eliminating the processed foods and they have not really noticed much.  A little bit at a time seems to be working.

carrot_flowers - Chipolte chicken stew sounds very interesting, is that a WellFed recipe, NomNom Paleo? 

BarbE - I think your goal of unplugging is awesome, I am not sure how well I would do with a goal like that.  I bet you can get more things accomplished. 

Sharyn - Every Saturday my husband and I do a Starbucks date, my typical latte is now a venti hot green tea and I also like their Passion iced tea with no sweetener.  If they had coconut milk there, I would do a coffee. 

I can tell it is going to be a challenge for me to eliminate the "snack" meal.  I have been eating 5 smaller meals a day for several years.  I really only felt hungry day three and day four.  In the email that they send out it said that if you are feeling hungry decide if you are hungry enough to eat fish and broccoli and if the answer is yes, then eat something, if not, you are not that hungry ;-)  This is going to be a learning process!1

My meals for today:

B:  1.5 cups spinach, 2 eggs, 1 adells chicken sausage

L    Egg salad made with paleo may, onion, celery, green pepper and cilantro on kale salad

D  Feeling like beef, so will go to the grocery store and pick up steak, green beans, and serve with sweet potatoe. 

Make it a great day!!

Wow, lot's in common! We love the tri cities, and try to get down there a couple times a year. Usually around some wine events:). Eat more for a few days. It will help get rid of the extra meals. I felt like you about running until I put a couple things together mentally. First, quiet time like walking or running gives your brain time to process lots of random issues. Kind of like good sleep. This leaves me feeling much calmer after a run. Next, no one bothers me while I am running. It is truly my time alone. Third, I listen to my music while I run, it sets a cadence, and they are all songs that lift or charge me up. Most importantly, and I had to learn this part, I pick my head up and take notice of the beauty around me. I give thanks every day for what we have been given. Thanks from the heart. So my brain is calm, heart is full, muscles are warm. What's not to love? ?

Day 10 is in progress for me. Mike got me up at 5:30. He was up and down last night biking the half iron course in his mind, The week before a half or full iron is a crazy time. And I mean CRAZY. I made him late leaving the house as I needed to fix the meals for me.

B compliant sausage, one egg, salad 1/2 avocado, 1/2 sweet potato hash browns

Pre workout nuts if I need them based on how long between bkfst, and my run

Posr workout meal sweet potato roasted in cubes, leftover meat

L salad with mayo and balsamic fig dressing, leftover meat, 1/2 avocado

Emergency snack if not home larabar

making it through day 9.

Had some let over beef pumpkin burgers for breakfast with some veggies and a nectarine

Lunch was pumpkin soup, pork carnitas, and some cucumbers/carrots/onions in white vinegar. Also had a small gala apple with some of the pecan pumpkin butter I made.

Have tuna steaks out for dinner... not sure if going to grill them or what yet.

Was going to go to fire training tonight with my firestation (am an officer at my local department), but doc said only in life or death situations should I put on an airpack... until Oct 7th, then I am free!!!! sucks, cause I like training, but gotta get these ribs healthy again!

That *Pointing down to my previous post* went WAY better last night! 

I go to bed early because I get up at 4:00 AM and by the time 6:45 PM rolled around last night I was actually looking forward to the excuse to turn everything off!!

I rooted around and found my copy of My Side of the Mountain that one of my brothers gave me when I was 11 (1971 so the book is old!) and I loved curling up in bed last night and reading that.  I decided that going to sleep was a time to read for fun and not books about health/nutrition/fitness/etc.

I did find that when I got sleepy, put the book down and turned off the reading light my eyes popped open :lol: but I did some mindful breathing and soon was sleepy enough again to actually go to sleep

I did have one weird thing – I had the second nightmare of my entire life, yes that's right, I've only had one other nightmare (I suppose there could have been others that I don't remember but I think that it's rare to not remember that you had a nightmare).  I did read somewhere in the forum that someone was having nightmares, I hope this isn't a new trend for me, I rather enjoy my silly, nutty, totally absurd way of dreaming!

Good morning all!!

I started another "challenge" last night as advised in the Day 6 email:

• Turn off all electronic devices (TV, computer, smartphones and e-readers with lit screens) at least an hour before bedtime. If your TV is in the bedroom, get it out.

Yeah, I slept like crap :lol:  I've been falling asleep to my TV for 20-30 years!!

I woke up this morning with the alarm at 4:00 am (7 hours sleep) and I felt like crud warmed over.  I felt hungover, tired, and totally discouraged. 

Hello,

I also started on the 9th!  So far it is going really well!  I have to confess, I ate some beef jerky that had "organic cane sugar" listed as its second ingredient the first Saturday.  I hadn't eaten anything all day as I teach on Saturdays, and I had a 2 hour commute... Also, the choice was between Doritos or organic beef jerky.  I didn't get too hard on myself, because I figured I could stay on track with dinner.  And I did.  I've been eating Paleo/Primal since January, but this is my first serious Whole30.  The two hardest culprits are alcohol and sugar (usually in the form of Cosmos and GF Cupcakes, respectively).  I am dedicated to the 30 days, and am already extremely impressed with my results.  Within days, friends from my dance studio noticed a smaller waistline and tighter thighs.  Awesome. :)

Finishing day 6.  My day - no breakfast, went to the gym after dropping the kids off at school, did 45 minutes of lifecycle.  Bought a rotisserie chicken and romaine lettuce from costco.  Used my own mayo, adding garlic powder and additional lemon juice, turning it into a delicious caeser dressing.  For dinner I pulled my Nom Nom Paleo slow cooker chicken out of the cooker, blitzed the gravy.  I tried roasting veggies, but they were dry and undercooked.  Ate asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms as my veggie for dinner.  Apple for snack.

I just got my coconut cream concentrate a day or so ago.  Still trying to figure out how to make coconut milk out of it - it just floats in the water like tiny pieces of coconut.  I do take a spoonful from time to time.

Tried to prepare for the week - cooked the chicken, which my famiy devoured, so not much for leftovers.  Cooked some ground beef but not sure what I am going to do with it.  Bought a ton of veggies.  I think I need to read up on roasting - mine were dry and undercooked.

Up and ready for day 11.  No plan in place yet.  I have an appt with the MD today to look at going back to work.  Maybe one day this week, and two days next week.  Then full time starting on my birthday (30th).  It has been nice to get this far in the whole30 while not working. Now I have a number of things that I can make and take with me.  It's just hard to think about going back to work after 12 weeks off.  sigh

I am a 9/9er as well

I can't believe we are 1/3rd done with the 30 days already.

Do you have any plans to change things up for the next 20?  I need to work on my meal planning.  I am not doing enough of planning entire meals in advance, especially dinners.  I am just taking whatever proteins and whatever vegetables I have ready to go and making a meal out of them.  It makes for very plain meals and that is not me.  It also means I am not preparing a whole lot in advance creating much more work for myself. So the goal is to actually plan full meals for next week and to come up with and collect recipes that I will use after I am done with my 30 days.

@cortner - just do a Google search for "Well Fed Pad Thai." I'm almost certain it's on the Well Fed author's website.

@daveloper - welcome to the group! pretty sure you're the only dude representin' here. YES! I am a single, working mom and I sit down every Saturday and plan the hell out of my week, food-wise. I decide what leftovers I have that I can use up, plan to cook 2-3 days and make up a grocery list. Then, on Sunday, I prepare anything possible to prepare head of time. I cut up LOADS of veggies and put them in ziplocks; I grill pounds of chicken to throw in my salads; I make a batch of Well Fed mayo and I usually also make Sunday one of my three cooking nights. Then, throughout the week, I do veggie hash with eggs over-easy for breakfast, spinach salad with sliced chicken and veggies or leftovers for lunch, and leftover or a new meal for dinner. It really works for me! Hope you find a good balance. Are you on Pinterest? There are a ton of good Whole30 recipes on there! Pinning them helps with easy access at meal time! Best wishes on your journey.

DAY TEN Y'ALL!!!!  :D

I feel fantastic today. A little on the tired side, but my mood is so great right now! I have been so pleasant all day, which is a lot to say when you're around teenagers all day! ;)  My pants also fit fabulously today and I feel like a million bucks as a result. Have a lovely remainder of the day!

Welcome Daveloper.

I always thought I was organised around meals and menus but Whole30 needs more planning. I am hungry today because I didn't take enough veggies and fat to work with me. I had breakfast and lunch there as I went for a swim before work. I have plans for roast chicken thighs with loads of mayo (taken in a separate pot) and a massive salad for tomorrow's lunch. That should fill me and the half hour I get for lunch!!

Today has been good. Day 10 started with me liking the look of my back in my swimsuit. I seem to have lost a few rolls of flab in the past 10 days! Trousers were comfortable too and didn't leave a button mark on my belly. This rocks!

Food?

B 2 egg mushroom omelette with cherry tomatoes

L turkey mince with onion and apple sauce and spinach

D roast lamb chops, roasted cumin cauliflower, roast parsnips and sweet potato (planning on leftover veggies for tomorrow)

Exercise - 25 length swim and 10 minute sauna before work.

Feeling? Fantastic!

Hi Daveloper et al.  I am on day 7 also.  I did a good job in the beginning having good food available but ended up eating the same thing for days on end (nom nom paleo's slow cooker pork stew) because it made a lot of food and it was the only leftover I had for a while.  I work weekends so things got out of control and my meals were not planned as well. 

But, I'm off for a few days.  I went to Costco and filled my shopping cart with vegetables.  I did try doing a roasting thing of some of them last night but it was too rushed and they came out dry and undercooked.  I have some time today and will try to do a re-do to prepare for the next week. 

Ate Nom Nom Peleo's Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy last night.  Delicious but one chicken just isn't enough to make a lot of leftovers, either.  I have a bunch of chicken breasts in the freezer that I will try to find something to do with them today, maybe grill/cut/refreeze for emergency protein.

I bought Coconut Cream Concentrate with the hopes of making inexpensive coconut milk with it, but I find it just solidifies in cold water, so basically you get water with floating bits of coconut in it, as the coconut cream concentrate is really just ground coconut, not filtered coconut.  Oh, well.  The concentrate has the potential of turning into a cheater food, as I find myself having cravings to go take a spoonful of it.  I probably won't replace it when it is gone.

Ok, time to go learn how to roast vegetables for real.  The theme here is, healthy eating is expensive and time-consuming.  Which is why we all fall off the wagon eventually.  The goal is going to be to develop habits like stockpiling veggies and emergency rations, and getting a file of favorite whole30 or paleo (as I don't think I will stick to whole30 as a lifestyle) recipes that just end up part of the standard rotation.  Since my previous life included lots of pasta and cheese, that is the biggest project for me right now.

Yeah planning is definitely my downfall, as I've said before. I'm totally a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl generally and add to that everything I have going on, job, kids etc and it's all just chaos I can never seem to get on top of.

I seem to have these short bursts of energy before the fog of sleepiness comes back. Last night, I interpreted at soccer practice for 5 year olds and just being outside in the nice weather felt really good. And I was thinking afterwards that I felt like going for a run but I didn't have time and then I got home, did the dishes, reheated dinner and the energy was gone and I was ready for bed.

And then today, I felt pretty bouncy this morning for awhile but I'm at work so can't make any use of it and now, after lunch, I just want to go to bed. I hate this feeling of being in a fog, but I guess, at least I'm getting some breaks from it.

I need to focus on my sleep more and I think I'm going to have to give up the screens an hour before like someone else (and ISWF of course) suggested. It's so hard to come to terms with that because by the time we get the kids in bed and everything settled, it's almost 9 and we get in bed and watch something for an hour and then it's bed time. And this our only real unwinding time together. So I've been really resistant to giving that up but maybe it will make me less tired? I don't know. I guess I'll have to try it and see if its worth it.

I really would like to get to a point where I'm getting up at 530 or 6 in the morning. Right now my alarm is set for 630 but my kids wake up sometimes as early as 6 and I hate waking up to them fighting over a toy or yelling. Not a great way to start the day and my husband gets so mad about it! I need to get a jump start on them but I am not ready to get up when the alarm goes off so the thought if setting it for even earlier is not very attractive.

Day 10 over here! Welcome to the new faces! 1/3 done, I cannot believe it either.

Doing okay over here... planned out most of week and it has made it so much easier for me. I have tuna steaks pulled out tonight for dinner, so looking forward to them!

B- Pumpkin burger with some cut up carrots and cucumbers, half an avocado.

L- Pumpkin soup with pork carnitas, carrot cucumbers, onions in vinegar, so extra ghee in my soup for fat, small apple with some alomnd pumpkin butter.

D- planning on tuna steaks with baked broccoli with plenty of coconut oil.

Had a good run last night, only did 3.1 miles because I am suppossed to keep the distances short while healing, although I got the ok for 1 4-5 mile LONG run for the next couple of weeks, I am excited!

Day six today.  This morning the alarm sounded like it was in another galaxy!!  It took a little time to work its way through all of the cotton in my head.  This is the first day that I have felt this way.   But I ate breakfast (eggs scrambled with spinach topped with green sauce- tasted delish, like a breakfast burrito) and plowed into my day and now I feel awesome.  

For the last two days I have been incredibly, unquenchably thirsty.  I searched on the forum and found another person who experienced it.  Today is not so extreme but the water still tastes great. I also am feeling a sore throat coming on (my daughter was sick last week).  But I guess that happens sometimes. 

@carrot_flowers  your Sauteed Kale and Tomato sounds awesome.  so now I know what is going in tonights dinner.

@drtracyb I watch ads, find good food that's on sale then try to plan from there rather than planning and then having to get something way to expensive.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Time to get to work!

Have a great day!

Archived