Photo food diary

CatherineH

Instagram is a good idea. I had not thought about that. I found some food diary apps for android but I'm not completely sold. I'd like to just snap a photo of each meal as my accountability and review. I'm not a fan of typing or writing out. I think I'll try out Instagram focused solely as being my food diary. :)

Yea it's fun, but take everything with grain of salt. It's only about what works for you! It's not rare to see pictures by some of the "leaders" of the movement with their breakfast, lunch or whatever meal picture that can make anyone nervous. Like you'll see couple eggs with a forkfull of suerkraut tagged "omg giant breakfast". I am exaggerating (not really), but you get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Instagram and came up with my own hashtag so that all my photos would be in one place and that (probably) no one else would post in there! It's #TarasWhole30

Whenever I post a picture, I use #TarasWhole30, but I also use general hastags as well, such as #paleo #Whole30 and #eatclean -- this way I can share with others who might be searching those types of boards :-)

I don't post every meal though -- but there's certainly no reason why not!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! First post here...

I feel old now. I didn't even think of using Instagram! I've taken pictures with iPad of everything I've eaten (apart from one time I snacked on dried coconut), made some quick editing (cropping, clarity, etc.) with Photogene and then saved the photos with a timestamp and uploaded to a Tumblr blog. Sounds like more of a hassle than it really is. I like it, as I now have all the info on what I've eaten and when, and see what needs improving. I just hate typing on my iPad, so there are not a lot of notes accompanying the photos...

Archived