Eating out

Bojibelle

I am on day 22 of the Whole30 and went out to eat lunch today. I had a grilled flank steak salad with grilled vegetables and olive oil and balsamic for the dressing. I asked many questions of the waitress and she checked with the chef to make sure there wasn't grains, dairy or sugar in the dish I chose.  Yet my stomach is still rumbling after lunch.  Could it have been the oil they used to cook the meat?  Did I get something I wasn't supposed from the marinade?  Do I have to start over? 

The culprit could have been many things: sulfites or gluten in the dressing, soybean oil used in grilling - who knows? A steak marinade is suspect for soy sauce or gluten.

I agree - maybe add a day or two onto your whole30.

For future orders, request dry-grilled steak, no marinade and steamed veggies. Bring along your own compliant dressing.

Thank you.  I usually do take my own dressing and in this instance I didn't use the dressing - I used plain olive oil and plain balsamic.  I think it was the steak marinade or the oil.  I will remember the dry-grilled steak request.  And I will add a few days on at the end.

Archived