Whole 7 Challenge

bi0nicw0man

Starting Monday, August 26th I'm going to tackle just one week of whole food living.  We are away for a family reunion camping trip this weekend where most of my food is at the mercy of others (and let's face it, I'm not going camping without s'mores) so I think it's the perfect last hurrah before setting out for a one week challenge to myself.

At the end of 7 days I will reassess, and who knows...maybe I'll make it a Whole 14, or a Whole 30! 

Anyone else like to tackle things in smaller bursts?  One week challenge anyone?

My brain works better with smaller goals.  While I am committed to a Whole 30, actually accomplishing a Whole 1 or a Whole 7 would get me on the way better than "demanding" the W30 from myself. 

So...I'm in.  :)  Looks like a Whole 3, then the Whole 7!  That will make a Whole 10 and I'm 1/3 there already!  :) 

Today turned into Day 0 and I am determined to get it clean tomorrow (and Saturday and Sunday).  I had someone tell me this morning "you can't have ____ or it's not a real W30" and it threw my resistance switch.  Having a tiny bit of ____ will be far better than what I ate yesterday, or today, and I already know it isn't the cause of my food/health issues.  As I get the rest of it clean, I will consider going without _____, just for good measure.  But getting free of the other stuff is most important.  This is NOT an excuse...this is a choice I am making. 

SEVEN DAY CHALLENGE IS ON!

I returned home from a family reunion camping trip late last night so I'm wiped but ready to tackle the challenge today. It's easy to want clean eats after a weekend filled with French toast, burgers, chips and a wide variety of boozie drinks. I didn't have time to prepare for a Whole30 kind of day today so my goal is to eat clean and only when I'm hungry. No snacks! I will drink 10 glasses of water, eat lots of veggies, and dig a bowl of Well Fed Chocolate Chili out of the freezer for dinner. I will go to yoga and go to bed early tonight. I will prepare W30 meals and snacks for the remainder of the week.

Make sure to check in here for support!

Hello Group!

I've started out clean on my Whole30. Eating large, compliant meals and no snacks. Dinner is tricky. Leftover casserole. I'm going to remove the ground beef and eat a pile of vege's. Should do just fine!

Day 1 went pretty OK for me.  I'll give myself an 8/10 which is pretty good considering I had really done no prep!  I lose points for not going to my yoga class.

Today is a gloomy day weather wise.  I brought a cold lunch and wish it was hot, so now I'm brainstorming warm and comfy dinner plans.  I think coconut curry chicken will be required.  :)

How is everyone else?

Day two was great! I'm glad this is my 2nd Whole???. What I've done differently this time is NOT weigh myself. Last time it was about changing my eating habits but once I stepped on the scale at the end then it was about weight. What didn't click was that if I stop eating clean I will gain. It clicked when I noticed a significant gain.

Now that I'm on day 3 I can already see a difference in my mood. I'm much more calm eating 3 big meals and not worrying about the rest. It's actually pretty relaxing.

Hope you guys have a great day!

bep0819, That's so great!

During my first W30 it was a bit about the weight, but more about the leaning out and measurements.  The mistake I made was not taking my measurements right away when I finished the 30 days, so I ended up feeling discouraged because I was focusly solely on my weight (I lost 3 pounds, but had expected at least double that).

I have to admit this week isn't going as I had planned.  But I'll still wake up each day and try again!  I like your note about the calm of eating 3 big meals...I need to remember that. 

What's your favourite W30 friendly meal?  I need to get back to scrambled eggs with sauteed veggies and baked yam for breakfast!

Hello biOnicwOman!

Probably my hands down favorite is actually a side dish. Broccoli tossed in olive oil and chopped bacon - Nom Nom Paleo. It is crispy and so delicous!

I am horrible when I measure. I never seem to measure the exact same spot! I've broken up with my scale unless I'm forced to get on one at the dr's office...

I see you are in Victoria. What a beautiful place! My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon there. We love it!

Take care!

Becky

Glad you like Victoria Becky!  I moved away for a while but was homesick the whole time.  I'm lucky to call it home!

I'm sad to admit that I didn't make it through the Whole 7 Challenge.  I had hoped to kickstart my mindset but I think I guess I'm just not mentally ready yet.  Thank you for taking the challenge with me.  I hope you did better than I did!  :)

Jaime

Hey Jamie,

I didn't make it through either. I want to be mentally ready but I'm not. Although I've made significant strides. I do realize sugar is giving me a stomach ache. This is because I typically do not have too much so it's getting easier to turn down. Except ice cream. Oh boy!

But overall I'm eating a very well and in whole30 style so I'm pretty happy. Keep in touch!

Becky

Archived