Whole30 and mindful eating

I've just finished day 15 of Whole30. One of my goals was to start introducing mindful eating. However, one of the things I am noticing most is that I hit full before I am halfway finished with my meal. I want to stop, but know I wouldn't be eating enough and I am not wild about more frequent smaller meals. I've been doing that already because I usually don't finish my lunch during the work week and I want to make sure I finish it before I go home for dinner. I do not snack in the day either.

Tonight for example, I prepared a half a sirloin steak (still palm shaped size), mashed sweet potato and steamed savoy cabbage and carrots.

The other night (and frequent mornings) I made a scramble of two eggs, 1 zucchini, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bell pepper and 4 large leaves of chard. I couldn't possibly imagine a 4 egg scramble.

I am used to large vegetables based meals so I know the effects of roughage, but everything seems so much 'in your face' since I've upped the protein. I know I need to up the fat too.

I suppose I can up my activity level. I am 5'9 and a healthy weight. I love to cook and eat so I'd rather not get a sense that I am 'binging' during meal times.

How do others deal with the 'full' feeling?

This is a really good question I've been wondering about myself lately..

I don't think mine is a typical reaction but I feel like I'm gaining weight eating this way.. Not too much too fast, but I'm definitely getting some sort of belly.. my shirts seem to be getting tighter and I always feel a little bit too full if I eat the palm sized protein portions at every meal.. I had a pretty good diet prior to whole 30.. only thing that's really changed is more protein and less grains (though I ate grains maybe 3 times a week at most).. I'm not having sugar cravings and my energy is fine, sleeping so much better, etc...

I'm just not that hungry at all. I feel like I could go a whole day without eating at this point bc I'm not a fan of the "full-all the time" sensation, though of course I wouldn't.. I would say maybe shrink the amount of protein initially and add a bit more every day to adjust? I've been just eating roughly the same amount every day and hoping it will eventually get better.

It would be nice to hear something from other people who overcame this issue.

Thank you for your view Vicky. I will try to eat less and see how I feel overall and whether I am more or less hungry as a result. I haven't had the sugar cravings either and I know I have increased the animal based protein tenfold in general.

Archived