Texas De Brazil

DubyaWife

I'm not sure whether you can. You would need to make sure the seasonings, marinades, and meats don't contain any nasties. They could be suspect for gluten and soy, at a minimum.

Can you call the restaurant ahead of time to see whether they can accommodate you?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a place in my city that is very similar (called Ekko de Brasil), and while we were on our first whole30 we called them to ask about their meats (as we had been before and loved it). They were very friendly and helpful. Broken down, here is what they said:

-Chicken breast wrapped in bacon: The bacon has sugar, but they were willing to cook just chicken breast and omit the bacon as a special request.

-Chicken Drumstick: Marinated in beer. Not compliant.

-Parmesan Pork: Not compliant (cheese)

-Sausage: Had sugar. Not compliant

-Lamb: Marinated in wine. Not compliant.
-Beef (striploin, ribeye, brazilian, prime rib, garlic beef): All compliant. Only seasoning used was salt.

As for their buffet portion, they had olive oil and balsamic that was compliant as a salad dressing. Veggies & lettuce were also obviously compliant, but that was about all from the buffet potion that was good.

So if Texas de Brasil is similar, it may be a viable option. You would have to call and ask in advance though.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to share our experience at Texas de Brazil. We told them up front we were dairy, sugar, soy, and grain free and our server confirmed it with us when he poured our water. He asked if we wanted him to accompany us to the salad bar to point out the items with weren't compliant. He also made sure to point out the meats that we should avoid due to marination. We rarely go out to eat but it was our anniversary. It was a great experience for all of us - even our teenager enjoyed herself.

• 7 months later...

Again, knowing this is an old topic I had a question for CeeeVeee. What meat did you order when you went? Tomorrow is Valentine's day and my sweetie wanted to take me out to Texas De Brazil. Their website doesn't disclose their ingredients and worse case I'll call and find out, but thought I'd ask here first :) 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JL1221 said:

Again, knowing this is an old topic I had a question for CeeeVeee. What meat did you order when you went? Tomorrow is Valentine's day and my sweetie wanted to take me out to Texas De Brazil. Their website doesn't disclose their ingredients and worse case I'll call and find out, but thought I'd ask here first :) 

It sort of doesn't matter what CeeeVeee's answer is... what she ate could have been compliant at the time, in her region or even not compliant at all.  Definitely call to ask the actual restaurant where you'll be eating.

Archived