Peanut butter

kcebsue

Hi!  I am on day 5 of the Whole 30 and was wondering why Peanut butter is banned.  I love peanut butter and see that you can have other nut butters but peanuts are specifically banned. Any advice on the why would be much appreciated!  

I think maybe I need to do more reading still - I kind jumped into this and am still catching up on figuring everything out :)

Thanks!!

Peanuts aren't actually nuts - they're legumes, and legumes are off limits for Whole30.

Nut butters (and nuts) in general can be food-with-no-brakes for a lot of people, so just keep tabs on how often you're wanting to eat them!

Hi!  I am on day 5 of the Whole 30 and was wondering why Peanut butter is banned.  I love peanut butter and see that you can have other nut butters but peanuts are specifically banned. Any advice on the why would be much appreciated!  

I think maybe I need to do more reading still - I kind jumped into this and am still catching up on figuring everything out :)

Thanks!!

You said it :D It would be wonderful if you read It Starts With Food, it will answer all of your questions. Regarding peanut butter, you can read the legume manifesto blog post here

Just stick to the shopping list (PDF here) AND template (PDF here) while you are figuring out what works for you best.  

Archived