30 days to holidays

melbournegirl

Hope you lost the headache!  I just felt icky today - slight headache - could be sinus or allergy related - I took a sinus pill finally around noon, but it didn't seem to do much.  Now that I've had dinner I do feel a lot better.  I'm wondering if it was a carb flu - as I cut way down the past couple of days - just a small apple and what ever carbs from veggies.  I had been eating sweet potato or bananas..........Hope Monday - day 22 will be much better........the 9 year old is out of school so that will be challenging for gramma!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite sick this morning due to coffee and coconut ... That will teach me! Also very hungry and too bloated to sleep well or exercise.

M1 bacon, egg, spinach and blueberries

Early M2 chicken, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes and olives

Mid arvo snack of tinned tuna and pumpkin sop

M3 beef burger and salad plus a sweet potato with ghee

Just realised... Day 22.

Hope you are on the up Terryd. My DD is on school hols this week but my OH is at home with her.

Hi Justine - doing much better today - I have finally figured out part of my issues - I am not getting enough magnesium - the new one - is way too low - I was looking at the wrong numbers---I ordered jigsaw today and supposedly it is much better.  I did pretty well until I cracked open a lovely fresh sweet juicy pineapple.  It wasn't bothering me too bad until this evening I took pineapple chunks and strawberries to my evening class - they didn't eat all of it - so I finished off 5 pieces on the way home.  oh but it was soooooooooooo sweet and yummy.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it - just moving on.  When I think of how I used to eat and what I used to gorge down my throat.  So onward!  Glad you are doing better and yay my Day 22 is in the books - ah  - 8 days - but I will probably continue for another 30 or so or maybe do another 30 starting October 1st.  The 9 year old wasn't quite as bad as in the past.  So I'm happy with that - less stress.  Pretty good day all in all. Hope you have a great day!

I'm not finding it as bad as the first week(the 4 th week that is).  I doubt if my head will ever stop craving - that's how we were born I think.  The Made to Crave book is really a great help. Thanks for posting your meals - helps me to think of something different! Hope you are resting - I had almost 7 hours straight..........ah.

I feel so out of sorts at the moment, I keep having to remind myself that I shouldn't feel bad about anything, as I am eating real food, but some how my mood, sleep, exercise and eating feel messed up! I will blame it on everything going through a resetting process. It gives me motivation to persist through it at least. And really, its quite likely to be the coffee I had on the weekend having its last effects!

I like looking at your meals too, and hearing about your sleep and cramp problems and your courage in persisting to be better gives me a good perspective on my tummy troubles! We all have our battles :(

M1 pumpkin soup, beef mince, blueberries and eggs.

M2 salad with olives and chopped rib eye, orange

Snack tuna in oil

M3 watermelon, pinenuts, bacon, potatoes, zucchini and salad. Just one cup of cocoa today!

Went for a walk at lunchtime yay.

Justine - beef mince would be?????  Thank you for your kind words.  Yes we all have our own struggles in different ways.  Have you tried taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in just a small amount of water - chug it in the mornings.  It really helped me when I was having tummy issues.  I haven't had any problems for months.  I should take a bit of that everyday - it is soooooo good for you but that is one of those things I get tired of taking.  You want the ACV with the mother in it.  WooHOO another day in the books.  GO US!!

LOL Australian for ground beef, wasn't sure if I'd mentioned this to you before... We can buy chicken, pork, lamb and turkey mince in our supermarkets here easily. We don't have sausage patties, we have hamburgers and rissoles, sausage means links of sausages in skin casings.... We have hot dogs and frankfurters too but no healthy ones. I get nearly all my meat and fish from our biggest fresh food market about every two months and put in the freezer.

I have tried acv.... We have a lemon tree now though, I used to take lemon every morning but have fallen out of the habit when out tree stopped producing, it is going okay now though.

5 days to go!

I love reading your conversations to each other :)

I feel bad interrupting because of the flow you have! Hehe

Beef mince is Australian for ground beef!

Amber you are welcome always! I always find you inspiring, whether your posts or your pic! I know you said in another post that this was your pre comp pic and not what you look like all the time but that makes you even more inspiring as in something I can aspire to. I had good muscle and tone last year but I was working too hard at it and dieting and feeling deprived and having messed up out of control patches. I started working full time in feb and had surgery in may and have been struggling with my weight and fitness since but my health is excellent since I have been consistently whole30 ing all year... Now I am just waiting for my body to realise everything is all right and I can become fitter and leaner again... But in a more sustainable way..... End monologue!

How did you get to be a moderator btw???

Amber you are welcome always! I always find you inspiring, whether your posts or your pic! I know you said in another post that this was your pre comp pic and not what you look like all the time but that makes you even more inspiring as in something I can aspire to. I had good muscle and tone last year but I was working too hard at it and dieting and feeling deprived and having messed up out of control patches. I started working full time in feb and had surgery in may and have been struggling with my weight and fitness since but my health is excellent since I have been consistently whole30 ing all year... Now I am just waiting for my body to realise everything is all right and I can become fitter and leaner again... But in a more sustainable way..... End monologue!

How did you get to be a moderator btw???

We've actually just started working in a bit more of a structured way for next comps - we're working with a coach to grow for about 20 weeks, then a long 20week prep. I'm more muscular now than that pic and will hopefully put on a bit more muscle too...but will be getting back to that lean eventually :P

While I'm technically not whole 30, I have applied many whole 30 ideals to what we're doing now.

I think it's easy to get caught up in "doing more/eating less" to try and achieve results....it is hard on you, from a health and mental perspective. I think doing what you're doing, whole 30ing and getting your body to a healthy place, is a much better way to go!

I was invited to be a moderator - I was a little apprehensive as I'm doing my own thing with bodybuilding that isn't really whole 30, but I enjoy health/nutrition and helping others so decided to do it :) (I've actually just applied to study nutrition and dietetics at Uni next year - I'm going to grit my teeth to lie through the government guideline rubbish...but hoping I can make a difference when I've finished!)

Amber that is fantastic!  Good on you.  You will do great! I wish I had known what I know now - 20 or so years ago.   Ah well - I am so happy to be getting ready for my 4-miler in November!

Justine I just tried friending you on fb.........looked like you were the only one from down under.  Hope I picked the right one -- my profile pic is the same one as here - pumpkins!

Hope all is well - had a pretty great day......all in all.......

Terry, those pumpkins didnt show up at all when I searched on your name. I have accepted your request!

Amber, that's great about studying nutrition, I thought about that last year, might have been a good semi retirement job from my holiday house in 5 -10 years time but I couldn't justify the expense. I am working full time on business improvement projects now and that's my other passion so that's okay. I have a chemistry background so I always read with interest all the science behind nutrition and inflammation and energy storage and utilisation pathways.

PP welcome back! What's happening?

Day 26, getting close now.. 9 hours sleep but full of weird dreams so not restful

M1 mince and pumpkin soup plus leftover veg, blueberries with almond meal

M2 orange, salad, sop and mince

M3 fish, potato, mushrooms, carrot and broccoli, more blueberries.

Had a free coffee during a 3 pm meeting and came home in a kill all the things mood. That'll teach me!

Terry, those pumpkins didnt show up at all when I searched on your name. I have accepted your request!

Amber, that's great about studying nutrition, I thought about that last year, might have been a good semi retirement job from my holiday house in 5 -10 years time but I couldn't justify the expense. I am working full time on business improvement projects now and that's my other passion so that's okay. I have a chemistry background so I always read with interest all the science behind nutrition and inflammation and energy storage and utilisation pathways.

PP welcome back! What's happening?

i'll be able to claim it on hecs (or whatever they call it now), just have to work out how i'm going to fit it in. my current job/s are flexible, it will depend on the uni contact hours! I did chemistry for year 11/12, and need to know it for this course as there is lab based stuff. i'm going to have to do a summer course as my memory really isn't that good :P I got the high school text books, read a couple of pages, vaguely remembered a couple of things then put the book back down. oh dear! good thing I like a challenge :)

Day 27, 7 hours sleep but got up for my 6km walk then did my weekly weights class after breakfast then cleaned the bathrooms then sorted out clothes or my holiday so off to a good start.

M1 blueberries with almond meal, pumpkin soup with beef mince and a bit of leftover fish and veg. Big breakfast but 2 hours of activity..

M2 an orange, baked chicken, spinach

M3 carnitas, potato, pumpkin, broccoli, carrots, more blueberries.

Feeling very stuffed now!

It got a little warm - no hot here today - before the storms come I suppose - I was going to make some of your pumpkin soup - I'll wait till it cools off again..............Sounds like you are rolling along - you are on 27 right????  end of 26 for me... GO US!

I'll have to check the carnitas out- Well Fed has some that sound scrumptious!  We are at the weird kind of everything is going on and chaotic with my daughter having some type of flu bug, a soccer game today as well as a birthday party in what looks to be pouring rain.  She has had this bug and has not felt like prepping for the party - so this morning promises to be a big bang.  She wanted to pick up "treats" and the cake yesterday - will have to do it today.....bless her heart and she doesn't want to bother me with any of it......argh.

Are you packed?  That would be an exciting adventure for me == and a day's flight I'm sure with all the waiting and changing of planes! I would like to see your part of the planet - my MIL went on a cargo ship ( they have about 10 cabins to sell) around the world in 3 months - her favorite stop was there.  She was 3 years widowed at the time and 76 years old.  The crew treated her like a queen!  She had wanted to do that for many years - said she would write her family story - I fear her mind was at issue then.  She never did write them. 

Go on with your bad self - from what I see - you will look great!  I sent a pm on facebook......read it and believe.  I am not very good at believing in myself - but I am the best at telling others to believe in themselves!!!!!  You must be getting excited.  I would be. 

Archived