Irresponsible mainstream junk science

Hans Guerin

I read an article in the July/August The Atlantic magazine entitled "How Junk Food Can End Obesity" by David H Freedman. The rhetoric in this article is atrocious and dangerous and I think it can be a scary learning tool for the food knowledge enlightened. I hope fellow foodees will mount a counter-argument to the Atlantic. Even though I've read 9 Paleo/primal books and can compare them to the many other health/nutrition based books and textbooks, my response alone would not have the gravitas to be taken seriously. If a group of like minded real food enthusiasts can provide a mass oriented response and anchor it with a tried and true professional or even several, I think the Atlantic would allow a snippet to refute the advocated poison in the article.

It's literally the dumbest article I have read. I remember reading snippets of it when it came out. Oh, they sell fatty foods at Whole Foods? You don't say? Well, then I may as well eat McDonalds every day because that has fat too. That is the basic premise of the article. DUMB DUMB DUMB. But people will read it to justify their crappy diets.

The article fails to blame the cause of obesity, processed food, and wants to fix it with even more processing, really crazy stuff at that! Well when you dig yourself into a hole you should follow David Freedman's advice and try to dig further to get your way out of it... idiot

Archived