I thought soy was good for you?

This is by far the most common question I have been asked when I tell people me and the hubby are doing a whole30, then list the things that are eliminated for 30 days. 

Next question would be "How much weight have you lost?" *sigh* Some people just don't get the "I want to feel healthy and not obsess over what the scale tells me" vibe I'm going for. 

Finally, "Well if you aren't eating rice/bread/potatoes, what *are* you eating?" Lots more vegetables! This seems to perplex people quite a bit, like the food pyramid rules their life or something lol. 

This is our first Whole30 and I have been surprised at how easy it's been to follow, once I started making it a habit to read every label. Once you know what you can have, it's easier to not focus on what you are giving up for this short amount of time. 

The grain industries depend on the general public believing that grains/soy are healthy for every living creature. The big money is not in kale, it's in all the filler foods: wheat, soy, corn, and oats. So that's what they push.

Archived