Starting 28 August, join me!

francsois

Hi

I have tried the Whole30 twice, and the furthest I got was day 14. I really want to complete it this time around. About myself: I am a paramedic, husband and a father. I spend my free time reading and plugging away at a Master's degree. My weight is 92 kilograms, and my blood pressure 133/83.

I hope to get rid of my caffeine addiction too! I have attached a “before†picture. Anyone welcome to join me!

Cheers

Francsois

post-34734-0-52879500-1377564971_thumb.j

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! I want to start tomorrow Aug 28 too so count me in! This is my first time doing Whole30. Im in Czech Republic at the moment so that counts 3 continents here:)

I am 25 and my goal is to get from 28% bodyfat to around 20% and to get rid of annoying food cravings!

Best of luck to both of you!

M.

Hi!

I am starting tomorrow and would love to join you guys! This will be my second Whole 30. I completed my first one last year at the same time. I had great results and felt awesome. I hope this time around I don't let all the bad stuff back in! I am heading to the store to fill my fridge with veggies and protein. Its all about planning for me.

Danielle

I started today (August 27) so we are almost on the same schedule! I would love to join you all in the journey! I've never done this before, but have eaten Paleo before, and during that time almost completely got rid of dairy and grains. I just ate quinoa sometimes, and would use feta or parmesan sometimes, but not often.I'm excited to do this to reset myself and recharge!

Hey yall!

This will be my first go at Whole30. I am definitely a little bit scared and anxious but excited to make some changes. I just graduated with my second degree and am studying for the NCLEX so that I can be a RN. The past two years have been about living life for myself and learning to take better care of my body. It's hard to tell your paitents how to live, eat, take care of themselves... etc... when you are not a very good example. I've always said that my goal, in both my personal life and my professional life, is to be effective. SO! Here we go!

Best of luck. :)

Katee

Welcome Ashley, Danielle and Marapa as well as Jubilee, hope all are doing well. I had a quick stab of temptation to "start tomorrow", then remembered that I committed myself on this forum! Let me know how your first day went. I am going to give meditation a try too, always wanted to, but was put off by the apparent lack of science to back it up. But it does have scientific support, check this book out, I am following this plan http://www.amazon.com/Silence-Your-Mind-ebook/dp/B009DIXASO

Feel free to talk about yourself. I imagine that would make using this forum more "real", and me less likely to fail again as I know you guys will be checking up on me. I am staring with a short run and some strength exercises to get me going. Good luck!

Cheers

Francsois

Hi! My name is Deb and I need another Whole30.  I did my first one last December and it was widely successful. However since then my Paleo lifestyle has been taking a steep downward spiral until I hit today where my dinner consisted of chocolate graham crackers and a vodka tonic...... My sugar demon has reared its ugly head and I have coward in retreat to it.

I am a single girl living in LA.  I manage a small hair salon near the beach.  Because I live alone I don't have to combat anyone else's eating habits, but I also don't have any accountability. And because I live in LA,near the beach I want to look good in a bikini. Right now after 2 years of sensible eating and regular exercise I have lost 70 pounds. I have another 30 to go. I need to know someone out there is keeping me accountable for not giving up all hope and succumbing to a grainy, cheesy, sugar coated demise. Having been through a couple of Whole30s, and loving to cook on a tight schedule and budget, I have lots of tips to any first timers.

Here's to a successful Whole30 and a healthier perspective on the other side!!!!!! I am raising my last glass of alcoholic bliss for a while. I shouldn't be this sad.....

Hi everyone! My name is Tracy and I'm starting on August 28th as well.

I've been experimenting with different methods of eating in order to combat my exhausted metabolism. My goals are to become healthier and to lose body fat as I weight train to tone up as well.

I'm happy I stumbled upon this blog post, and I'm still in the learning process about the Whole30 program. I haven't eaten grains in quite some time, and only have very minimal amounts of dairy on occasion, so the transition shouldn't be too extreme for me.

What I will have to eliminate are my 2x daily protein shakes made with almond milk (unsweetened), whey protein, and a banana. I am also going to limit my fruit intake as I suspect it's just a sneaky way of getting sugar in my diet, even subconsciously.

I am going to take a pic and weigh myself tomorrow morning, and then go for the gusto with the meal plans while continuing my daily cardio and weight training. Best wishes for the best success to everyone, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Hi everyone,

I'm glad there is more of us here so we can support each other. I've never joined a forum or anything like this before but this morning I also felt like "let's have the last croissant for breakfast and I will start tomorrow" BUT thanks to this group I felt like I really can not do it so I made a nice a omelette instead.

All day went well then, had turkey breasts with broccoli for lunch and salad for dinner (it's 7:30pm here).

What I find hard is going out with some friends tonight and I can't have a drink! But I will get some nice glass of water with lime and mint instead ;-)

Hope you're doin' well all of you!

Hi! My name is Deb and I need another Whole30.  I did my first one last December and it was widely successful. However since then my Paleo lifestyle has been taking a steep downward spiral until I hit today where my dinner consisted of chocolate graham crackers and a vodka tonic...... My sugar demon has reared its ugly head and I have coward in retreat to it.

I am a single girl living in LA.  I manage a small hair salon near the beach.  Because I live alone I don't have to combat anyone else's eating habits, but I also don't have any accountability. And because I live in LA,near the beach I want to look good in a bikini. Right now after 2 years of sensible eating and regular exercise I have lost 70 pounds. I have another 30 to go. I need to know someone out there is keeping me accountable for not giving up all hope and succumbing to a grainy, cheesy, sugar coated demise. Having been through a couple of Whole30s, and loving to cook on a tight schedule and budget, I have lots of tips to any first timers.

Here's to a successful Whole30 and a healthier perspective on the other side!!!!!! I am raising my last glass of alcoholic bliss for a while. I shouldn't be this sad.....

Deb I find losing 70 AMAZING!! wow... I also have something like 20 pounds to lose so let's do this!! :-)

Hi everyone! My name is Tracy and I'm starting on August 28th as well.

I've been experimenting with different methods of eating in order to combat my exhausted metabolism. My goals are to become healthier and to lose body fat as I weight train to tone up as well.

I'm happy I stumbled upon this blog post, and I'm still in the learning process about the Whole30 program. I haven't eaten grains in quite some time, and only have very minimal amounts of dairy on occasion, so the transition shouldn't be too extreme for me.

What I will have to eliminate are my 2x daily protein shakes made with almond milk (unsweetened), whey protein, and a banana. I am also going to limit my fruit intake as I suspect it's just a sneaky way of getting sugar in my diet, even subconsciously.

I am going to take a pic and weigh myself tomorrow morning, and then go for the gusto with the meal plans while continuing my daily cardio and weight training. Best wishes for the best success to everyone, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Tracy I totally thought of you when I was at the market today.  My sugar demon has its demands and I pacify it with fruit but I believe you're right.  While I don't know about going completely without any fruit (aka sugar) I am going to dwindle down until at the end of my Whole30 I won't have any.  What are your thoughts on squash and sweet potatoes?  :unsure:

Hi

My name is Rita, restarted my Whole30 August 27th. Did 14 days successfully and took 2 days break.

I am in US, married with kids,dogs and cats. Have a job and work from home 2-3 days a week.

Approaching 50 in 14 months and want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I get there. :)

I started Crossfit classes and committed to complete this round of Whole30.

My weakness is red wine, and it's the only thing that I can be tempted by during the next 30 days. It would be nice to lose a few pounds, but mostly I care about the body fat and how my clothes fit. I will be measuring myself on Sep 7th for Whole Life Challenge game - something my Crossfit gym participates in - 56 days challenge of eating clean (pretty close to whole30) and working out as well as meditating.

Let's support each other during this journey. 

Hi

My name is Rita, restarted my Whole30 August 27th. Did 14 days successfully and took 2 days break.

I am in US, married with kids,dogs and cats. Have a job and work from home 2-3 days a week.

Approaching 50 in 14 months and want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I get there. :)

I started Crossfit classes and committed to complete this round of Whole30.

My weakness is red wine, and it's the only thing that I can be tempted by during the next 30 days. It would be nice to lose a few pounds, but mostly I care about the body fat and how my clothes fit. I will be measuring myself on Sep 7th for Whole Life Challenge game - something my Crossfit gym participates in - 56 days challenge of eating clean (pretty close to whole30) and working out as well as meditating.

Let's support each other during this journey. 

Deb, I love red wine too, so I know what you feel like! I found that even a glass or two of red wine affect my sleep, very subtle, but it does. When I have a glass or two frequently, it adds up and my sleep suffers, and that has consequences like me being grumpy etc. Apparently studies show an association of wine with health, but I am sceptical, as this does not prove that one CAUSES increased health. I am now convinced that frequent alcohol consumpion, even "moderate" is bad for you. Have a read "Whole9 Alcohol Manifesto" which I agree with http://whole9life.com/2012/09/the-alcohol-manifesto/

So am am with you on this Deb, good luck!

Cheers

Francsois

Hi Deb,

Glad you understand! I, too, plan to include some fruit, but nowhere near the amount that i used to eat, which I feel was actually minimal. I had a half a banana in each of my two protein shakes per day, so that made one full banana, and I love to juice kale and spinach, and would add an apple and grapes, and a lime. I drank half the juice and hubby drank the other half. When i calculated how much sugar was in my morning drink it wasn't excessive, but it was definitely a treat for me. I CAN drink green juices with very minimal sugar, though, (a handful of grapes with the kale, spinach, and ginger and lime) but I'm going to go easy on those for now. And on the beautifully swee plums and nectarines that have been at our market lately. Cherries too.

I think another culprit was the almond milk in my protein shakes. I has carrageenan in it, which is supposed to be a no-go, so I gave that up cold turkey. I have made my own almond milk in the past, so if I have to use it for something there is always that option, but I doubt if it will come to that.

All in all, I'm hoping that a small piece of fruit on most days does the trick for me! Good luck on this journey and thanks for your response. I'm excited about going through this with everyone here!

Hi everyone,

I'm glad there is more of us here so we can support each other. I've never joined a forum or anything like this before but this morning I also felt like "let's have the last croissant for breakfast and I will start tomorrow" BUT thanks to this group I felt like I really can not do it so I made a nice a omelette instead.

All day went well then, had turkey breasts with broccoli for lunch and salad for dinner (it's 7:30pm here).

What I find hard is going out with some friends tonight and I can't have a drink! But I will get some nice glass of water with lime and mint instead ;-)

Hope you're doin' well all of you!

Hi Marapa, mint and lime water does not sound too bad, good luck!

Hi Marapa, mint and lime water does not sound to bad, good luck!

I also do club soda with lime when I'm having a "dry" night.  The lack of my relaxing drink to end my usually chaotic and stressful day is what I am dreading the most, but my dependency on it is what is driving me forward.  I don't want to need a drink to relax just like I don't want to need a cookie to feel better. The short term "this sucks" has got to be worth going through for the long term "I'm AWESOME!" Alone or together this can be done, but I'm sure looking forward to doing it will all of you!!!!  :D

Attached is my before pic(today)

post-16333-0-97121300-1377739725_thumb.j

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here but would love to join!! I have started this morning 29th of August with day 1.

A lot of weight to lose but feeling positive I can do it.

Hi Eve! Welcome! You absolutely can do this. 

How did everyone's day 1 go? I found myself unusually hungry all day. I ate half an acorn squash with bacon inbetween lunch and dinner I was so hungry. By the way, acorn squash with bacon fat and salt is really delicious and satisfies a mad carb craving.  

Thanks Deb  :)

I had a great day but was not very well prepared so lots of eggs and I grabbed some smoked salmon for dinner.

Had a ton of (lemon) water which kept me feeling full.

Writing up my grocery list for tomorrow so I can prep meals on Sunday.

Hi Deb,

Glad you understand! I, too, plan to include some fruit, but nowhere near the amount that i used to eat, which I feel was actually minimal. I had a half a banana in each of my two protein shakes per day, so that made one full banana, and I love to juice kale and spinach, and would add an apple and grapes, and a lime. I drank half the juice and hubby drank the other half. When i calculated how much sugar was in my morning drink it wasn't excessive, but it was definitely a treat for me. I CAN drink green juices with very minimal sugar, though, (a handful of grapes with the kale, spinach, and ginger and lime) but I'm going to go easy on those for now. And on the beautifully swee plums and nectarines that have been at our market lately. Cherries too.

I think another culprit was the almond milk in my protein shakes. I has carrageenan in it, which is supposed to be a no-go, so I gave that up cold turkey. I have made my own almond milk in the past, so if I have to use it for something there is always that option, but I doubt if it will come to that.

All in all, I'm hoping that a small piece of fruit on most days does the trick for me! Good luck on this journey and thanks for your response. I'm excited about going through this with everyone here!

Hi Tracy, I'm also used to protein shakes in the morning, now during the whole30 I cut out the protein powder from the diet so I am having green drinks with coconut milk (if I have one) and some berries. I think that's the best option for including fruits into a diet because they are packed with antioxidants and they don't contain as much sugar as bananas or grapes! Try them in your shakes! Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries..so delicious! and I must try cherries as you mentioned them! 

I'm starting today! I did a whole 30 back in April, it was good - but I have fallen back into terrible eating habits.

I need this to help me battle my food addiction and ED as a way to reset my body and tame the sugar dragon. I'd love to keep up with folks on here!

Tracy I totally thought of you when I was at the market today.  My sugar demon has its demands and I pacify it with fruit but I believe you're right.  While I don't know about going completely without any fruit (aka sugar) I am going to dwindle down until at the end of my Whole30 I won't have any.  What are your thoughts on squash and sweet potatoes?  :unsure:

Hi Deb, my sugar demon started screaming too but we just have to kill it! :-) I had a handful of raw almonds, that works well for me.. Our body will be shouting to get some some sugar inside our bodies but the less sugar you give it now the sooner it will learn to work as it should and use energy from fat - that's the goal, that's when we lose our cravings. We have to switch our sugar burning metabolism to fat burning metabolism. I think squash is fine but I would leave sweet potatoes for after whole30... stay strong!

Francsois, I have the same issue with my sleep or lack/quality of it after consuming some wine. Purchased and read the book "It starts with food" and considering printing out the alcohol manifesto for daily morning read. :)

Just yesterday I was craving some wine, thinking that I can always restart my Whole30, but managed to resist the temptation, so today is day 3.

My energy is definitely better doing Whole30 this time versus my recent attempt, so I will be working out regularly - 3 times a week Crossfit classes and the rest of the days 3-5 mile walks.

Have a great day!

--Rita

Archived