Starting 28 August, join me!

francsois

Hello there!

I too started the Whole 30 yesterday, so I figured this thread was the perfect fit for me!

A year ago I did a similar program and had great results. That program was overseen by my doctor as an attempt to finally put an end to all the issues my body had been dealing with for the past 10+ years but no one could figure out. Turns out gluten and dairy are not my friends, which at the time was both a sad and fabulous discovery.

After sticking to the routine of eating whole foods and absolutely no processed foods for three months, I felt absolutely amazing. My clothes fit differently, my body felt great, I had tons of energy. The only downside was my weekly trips to the doctor's office where they always weighed me. In hindsight, I'm certain that was the first slipping point for me. In my head it became a weight thing, not a healthy eating change of habits. I dreaded that scale every week, and would beat myself up if my weight had gone up even a few ounces, despite the fact that I was feeling so much better and healthier than I'd been in a long time.

Almost immediately after leaving my final appointment that marked the end of my monitored eating habits, I made it my personal mission to find and/or make every GF/DF piece of sweet, sugary deliciousness I could possibly find.

So, here I am, a year later and all those sugary, delicious treats have caught up with me. Between the baked goods, GF pancakes, tortilla chips, margaritas and a knee injury sidelining my exercise routine, my clothes have gotten much tighter and my body is starting to hate me for my eating decisions again.

I am READY for this 30 day challenge and looking forward to all the great new recipes to try and to read everyone else's stories here! One thing I didn't have the last time was a support group, even in the form of a forum, so I'm thrilled to know there are others out there going through the program right along with me.

:)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On day 3 now... which I know I'm 1 day ahead of you all, but it's about the same schedule right?! lol 

I didn't introduce myself before so here goes... My name is Ashley. I'm married to a wonderful man, and have 2 children, both girls age 7 years and 7 months. I don't necessarily have any weight to lose, but I would LOVE to kick my habit of simple carbs and sugar. Which I seem to be doing pretty good right now! I have started to get cranky towards the end of the day, but I know it's just because I'm detoxing. My demons are Diet Pepsi, vodka, and chips. ugh... haven't had any though since I started the whole 30, and i already feel better. Headachy, but better! 

For a brunch (I was so tired, that I went back to sleep after sending the 7 year old off to school and put the 7 month old back to sleep and didn't wake up til 1030), I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, banana, and strawberries with walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then ground turkey with fresh parsley and lemon sage, a sunny side up egg, peppers, and avocado with pepper and sea salt. It was DELICIOUS!

Hi Eve! Welcome! You absolutely can do this. 

How did everyone's day 1 go? I found myself unusually hungry all day. I ate half an acorn squash with bacon inbetween lunch and dinner I was so hungry. By the way, acorn squash with bacon fat and salt is really delicious and satisfies a mad carb craving.  

Hi Deb! My day 1 went fine. I haven't been eating too many non-veggie carbs lately, so I guess my body is accustomed to doing without them. I've had a few bites of sweet potato here and there, but not much. Glad you made it through the day too. That bacon and acorn squash sounds delish!

Hi Tracy, I'm also used to protein shakes in the morning, now during the whole30 I cut out the protein powder from the diet so I am having green drinks with coconut milk (if I have one) and some berries. I think that's the best option for including fruits into a diet because they are packed with antioxidants and they don't contain as much sugar as bananas or grapes! Try them in your shakes! Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries..so delicious! and I must try cherries as you mentioned them! 

Hi Marapa, I am a die-hard juicer, but it's going to take some getting used to not having my protein shakes! Not only were mine delish, they were a quick meal, or something to hold me over until I could get to a real meal. I used Reserveage vanilla powder mixed with ON Natural Vanilla, and of course the banana, ceylon cinnamon, and a teaspoon of Maca powder too. They were like vanilla milkshake heavenliness! Which is why I now realize I was using them for muscle building and recovery, but for a nice sweet treat too! This morning I did a smoothie with kale, spinach, blueberries and coconut milk. I added no-sugar shredded coconut on top, with a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was okay, but I really perfer fresh vegetable juices to smoothies and I don't usually overload mine with fruits, mostly spinach and kale.

You all are such amazing people!

Rita I can't believe you Crossfit. I am a healthy 28yr old and couldn't be more terrified of killing myself in the middle of a Crossfit gym, or worse breaking a bone and dying of modification! You are my hero.

Pepper- you hang in there. It has taken me over 2 years to lose 70lbs. Health should be a motivating factor, but it would be disingenuous not to admit fitting better into your clothes is an awfully nice way to start the day.

Marapa- thanks!! I have been sticking with squash(mostly because they were on sale and not the sweet potatoes) I don't know why but I snack and use acorn and spaghetti squash as fillers and save the butternut squash as the treats and "dessert." That's just how I have categorized them in my head. There's no rhyme or reason for it......

Eve- meal planning for me is the foundation of success or failure. If I don't plan ahead and have stuff to grab when I am hungryrightthisverysecond that's when my decisions start to go awry.....

Francsois- Jeepers I wish I had any negative affects of alcohol. Truth is I sleep great after a glass or two. My negative affects are mostly bloating and a big belly..... 

I know we are only a couple of days in but we are going to do GREAT!!!!!

Hello everyone, (Long post!)

I hope you all are having a great day and enjoying the process of eating healthier whole foods as we embark upon this journey together. Using food as medicine to keep our bodies healthy and functioning is probably something we have all tried to do previously, in one way or another. As for me, I think I've pretty much done most of it, with the exception of programs like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, etc.

For the past year my family and I have been eating a vegan diet. I had been using Isagenix shakes to lose weight, and experiencing pretty decent results (2 shakes a day plus one 400-600 calorie meal makes for very low calories each day!) but they changed the formula in the shakes so I went off the program. In retrospect, I think the caloric count was too low per day, and I never REALLY knew what was in those shakes! I will say that I felt a lot better while eating that way, but when they changed their formula I gave it up and went to juicing whole veggies and fruits.

I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and loved it. I immediately gave up meats and dairy, and adopted a plant-based diet. I juiced faithfully each day, and I loved the way I felt. I lost weight regularly and all my lipid profiles drastically improved. I did 2 juice fasts of 5 and 10 days each, then juiced 2X per day and ate one plant-based (and grain-based) meal. Like I said, I lost weight at first, but then I noticed that my daily glucose checks were beginning to spiral out of control. I would be fine after my juices, but after eating yams, black rice, beans, corn, squash, and all the delicious vegan desserts I could handle, I started picking up weight again and my blood sugars went wacko. I eliminated some of the starchy carbs, ate lots of raw veggies, and continued to juice. I must admit I felt good, my arthritis went away, no more hot flashes, all was going well. And then my sugar monster reared its ugly head. I learned that even when eating a plant-based diet it's very possible to eat the wrong foods, especially when you are compensating for the lack of meat. I weight train regularly, and not only did it become impossible to find the energy to lift, I lost so much muscle that I looked soft and limp. I was definitely not getting the requisite protein my body needed, and not even the protein shakes were sufficient. I started eating veggie burgers and vegan chicken patties, and vegan ground beef galore. I went into a calorie counting quandry. Needless to say, it became too difficult. I allowed myself to go out to dinner a few times and eat raisin bread. Hey, it was vegan bread! The next time out (3 days later, after dreaming about that bread) I had 2 slices. AND a slice of blueberry bread. I started planning meals out. I'd never stick to just a salad with a vinegarette dressing, like I told myself I would. Instead, I'd eat anything except meat, and feel like I was still maintaining a vegan diet.

Long, long story short, I decided to make some changes. I got with a personal trainer who had undergone her own miraculous body transformation, and she suggested a bodybuilder's diet that was high in protein, very low in fats, and so-so in carbs. I conceded and began eating tilapia and egg whites, cooked in Pam spray. A litte steel cut oatmeal in the morning with blueberries, loads of protein shakes with bananas, a little egg noodles, etc. I blew up.

So I gave up all the soy "fake meat" products and changed my diet to include chicken so I could get more protein. I still tried to maintain very low fats and low carbs. I kept drinking my protein shakes. Ate lots of egg whites with no fat. I did better with my weight training and began to build muscle. But my body fat seemed to INCREASE! 

A few weeks ago I was at my wit's end. I decided that whatever course of eating I took, it was going to have to be sustainable for LIFE. No more obsessive calorie counting. No more weighing myself every few days. No more trying on skinny clothes and exercising until they fit. No more worrying about how big my thighs were or how many fat rolls were on my back! The bodybuilding diet was out. I felt foggy-headed and uncomfortable on it while eating low sugar AND low fat! I felt like I was starving, and I could only maintain that until a good meal flew past my nose! So, it was no more of the dieting rat race for me. It was too difficult, and not only couldn't I maintain it, after exercising for 2 hours a day and eating in those ways, I didn't see the corresponding results of my efforts. I decided I would just eat a healthy diet of whole foods and exercise moderately every day. I naturally seemed to limit my grains, only eating sporadic sweet potatoes, but lots of veggies and chicken and fish. But still low fat.

Then I stumbled upon the Whole9 website and took interest. Like many people, I was AFRAID to eat fats! I've been cooking with coconut oil for about a year, but I always felt guilty and a little afraid while using it. I would sneak a mouthful of coconut butter once a month, or so. The thought of eating real mayo freaked me out so I ate lots of vegan mayo. After perusing the site, I decided to give it a go.

I weighed myself yesterday and took pics. I have no problem kicking the scale to the curb for the next 30 days. I wasn't planning to use it for the rest of the year anyway.

This morning I made egg muffins in the oven using a dozen eggs, browned and seasoned ground turkey, onions, peppers, and broccoli sauteed in coconut oil. I filled 12 muffin tins and baked them and they were really good. I also had a few slices of avocado, a couple hunks of watermelon, and a green smoothie with kale, spinach, blueberries and coconut milk.

Last night I made homemade mayonaise that I spread on top of grilled burgers (the first taste of beef I've had in nearly a year. I added sliced heirloom tomatoes and grilled onions and it was heavenly, fats and all!

I am trying not to be afraid of the fats, but it has been ingrained in me. As one who has pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, and a pacemaker/ICD (enlarged heart due to undiagnosed HBP) I have to bring my weight down and exercise regularly. My husband and kids always say I'm the most health conscious person they know because I seldom eat junk food and I work out every day.

My major hurdles are 1) getting enough sleep 2) drinking enough water 3) eating in a sustainable manner while traveling. Over the past two months I have stopped going out to restaurants, and cook my meals at home. Last week I had a set back when my family went on an outing and we stopped at a drugstore to pick up something. I went inside, and for some reason I walked over and picked up a bag of chessman cookies, a bag of chocolate chip mint cookies (both Pepperidge Farms) and a bag of chips. THIS IS SO UNLIKE ME! But I did it. And I have done it on other occasions too, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Right out of the blue, with no forethought or planning, I purchased a bag of sugary junk. I had a delicious homemade salad waiting for me in the car, yet I ate nearly a whole bag of chessmen cookies, a half a bag of chips, and one mint cookie that wasn't really that good. I called it a "cheat meal" but it was really a binge.
I still ate my salad, and the next day I got right back on my regular eating plan, but it bothers me that I could go on autopilot like that and just eat junk!

In hindsight, I think I've been starving for dietary fats, and the lack of carbs combined with that has been detrimental to my diet and my pysche. In any case, thanks for listening to how I found myself here in this forum, and I hope each of us can get to the root of whatever is holding us back from treating our bodies as temples and living our very best lives!

I'm starting today! I did a whole 30 back in April, it was good - but I have fallen back into terrible eating habits.

I need this to help me battle my food addiction and ED as a way to reset my body and tame the sugar dragon. I'd love to keep up with folks on here!

Hi Suzaloo! Welcome!!!

Hello there!

I too started the Whole 30 yesterday, so I figured this thread was the perfect fit for me!

A year ago I did a similar program and had great results. That program was overseen by my doctor as an attempt to finally put an end to all the issues my body had been dealing with for the past 10+ years but no one could figure out. Turns out gluten and dairy are not my friends, which at the time was both a sad and fabulous discovery.

After sticking to the routine of eating whole foods and absolutely no processed foods for three months, I felt absolutely amazing. My clothes fit differently, my body felt great, I had tons of energy. The only downside was my weekly trips to the doctor's office where they always weighed me. In hindsight, I'm certain that was the first slipping point for me. In my head it became a weight thing, not a healthy eating change of habits. I dreaded that scale every week, and would beat myself up if my weight had gone up even a few ounces, despite the fact that I was feeling so much better and healthier than I'd been in a long time.

Almost immediately after leaving my final appointment that marked the end of my monitored eating habits, I made it my personal mission to find and/or make every GF/DF piece of sweet, sugary deliciousness I could possibly find.

So, here I am, a year later and all those sugary, delicious treats have caught up with me. Between the baked goods, GF pancakes, tortilla chips, margaritas and a knee injury sidelining my exercise routine, my clothes have gotten much tighter and my body is starting to hate me for my eating decisions again.

I am READY for this 30 day challenge and looking forward to all the great new recipes to try and to read everyone else's stories here! One thing I didn't have the last time was a support group, even in the form of a forum, so I'm thrilled to know there are others out there going through the program right along with me.

Hi Pepper! Welcome!

Deb, I was terrified as well when I signed up for Crossfit. The good thing - they have 2 week course for newbies called "on ramp" where they teach you all the moves or most of them. I learned so much in those 2 weeks, they really teach you how to do it right starting with squats and push-ups to some very advanced moves like "clean and press".

Ashley, I am on day 3 as well.

Hello there!

Welcome aboard Pepper. No worries, you are only human and all those sugary treats are designed to trap us. Difficult to say no when they surround us in the shops, at home etc. Try and try again! To quote Dory "Just keep swimming".

On day 3 now... which I know I'm 1 day ahead of you all, but it's about the same schedule right?! lol 

I didn't introduce myself before so here goes... My name is Ashley. I'm married to a wonderful man, and have 2 children, both girls age 7 years and 7 months. I don't necessarily have any weight to lose, but I would LOVE to kick my habit of simple carbs and sugar. Which I seem to be doing pretty good right now! I have started to get cranky towards the end of the day, but I know it's just because I'm detoxing. My demons are Diet Pepsi, vodka, and chips. ugh... haven't had any though since I started the whole 30, and i already feel better. Headachy, but better! 

For a brunch (I was so tired, that I went back to sleep after sending the 7 year old off to school and put the 7 month old back to sleep and didn't wake up til 1030), I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, banana, and strawberries with walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then ground turkey with fresh parsley and lemon sage, a sunny side up egg, peppers, and avocado with pepper and sea salt. It was DELICIOUS!

apparently it is normal to feel cranky and headachy starting day 3, so we suffer with you Ashley!

Hello everyone, (Long post!)

Hi Tracy,thanks for sharing your story with us. Sound like you had quite a confusing time trying to find the right fit! We all had similar problems, I imagine. This is not our fault, as we get told fat is bad for you, eat whole grains etc. The research that these reccomendations are based on is imperfect. Paleo is sensible and sustainable, as it concords with wat we ate for most of our human history, so it is prudent to eat like that. Your story made us all realize that we get tripped up on the same obstacles, thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Francsois

Tracy I have totally been there.  I remember getting to a point where I hated eating anything at all because it was so stressful. What to eat? What not to eat? What do I want vs what I can have.  Yuck. Paleo has been really freeing for me because of all that.  Food is so delicious and fresh.  And better than anything is the kick out the door I gave to counting.  I don't count sh*t now.  When I'm hungry I eat.  When I'm full I stop.  The END.  More often than not I probably am not getting enough calories(if I still cared about that) but I just pop in a few almonds when I feel drained and move on!!! Its time to relax and really enjoy food the way it was meant to be enjoyed. 

WOOHOOO I have made it past day 2!!

I have been planning my meals (only 1 day ahead at the moment) but I will make sure there is plenty to choose from

in the fridge and pack my breakfast and lunch up for the next day. I start work most morning at 6 so it gets a bit hectic.

This afternoon I made a huge stack of veggie patties so I have a couple of days lunch (or a small dinner) ready for the next 3 days.

I do feel really good but I am sure the detox and cravings are still coming :-)

How is everybody doing?

Hi Deb, my sugar demon started screaming too but we just have to kill it! :-) I had a handful of raw almonds, that works well for me.. Our body will be shouting to get some some sugar inside our bodies but the less sugar you give it now the sooner it will learn to work as it should and use energy from fat - that's the goal, that's when we lose our cravings. We have to switch our sugar burning metabolism to fat burning metabolism. I think squash is fine but I would leave sweet potatoes for after whole30... stay strong!

Marapa, and Deb - eat the sweet potato!! Don't avoid carbs, the whole 30 is not a low carb plan. You will feel a whole lot better if you include them :) don't feed your sugar dragon, or the emotional eating voices - if you're actually hungry, have a proper mini meal of protein/fat/vegies....if its not hunger, find something else to occupy your mind.

Hi Marapa, I am a die-hard juicer, but it's going to take some getting used to not having my protein shakes! Not only were mine delish, they were a quick meal, or something to hold me over until I could get to a real meal. I used Reserveage vanilla powder mixed with ON Natural Vanilla, and of course the banana, ceylon cinnamon, and a teaspoon of Maca powder too. They were like vanilla milkshake heavenliness! Which is why I now realize I was using them for muscle building and recovery, but for a nice sweet treat too! This morning I did a smoothie with kale, spinach, blueberries and coconut milk. I added no-sugar shredded coconut on top, with a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was okay, but I really perfer fresh vegetable juices to smoothies and I don't usually overload mine with fruits, mostly spinach and kale.

Juices/smoothies aren't encouraged on the whole 30, even predominantly green vegie ones - actually eating the food is recommended over drinking it! If you do a search, there are a few posts with good explanations why, but its basically relating to feeling greater satiety from eating the food, and a different insulin response as well.

You could have eaten the kale/spinach as part of your vegie portion, and then fruit, added the coconut milk or a different fat source altogether alongside your protein and vegies!

Hey you guys! I know that I have been a little MIA the past three days but I have to tell ya... I have been getting emails with all of your posts throughout each day and it is rather reassuring! So, THANKS! I figure since everyone else is sharing that I should too. I'm not very good about talking about myself and admitting my failures.

So here's my story: I am a perfectionist and am really competitive. With that said, most of what each of you have posted I have dealt with the same issues at some point in my short 28 years. I am an emotional eater. It took me YEARS to be able to recognize that when I am stressed, depressed and even happy - I over eat. In the past I have also tried every "fad diet" under the sun including the HCG drops (AWFUL IDEA!). What really changed my life was spending a week in Belize. I was in a tiny, very poor village, surrounded by people who hardly had enough food to feed their kids. Yet, they were full of joy. That rocked my world. I came back to the states and decided that I wasn't going to let food and my feelings towards food rule my life. Food is essential to living a healthy life. That's it... NOW - the other side of that is that I have learned to LOVE food in a totally different aspect. I love to cook and love the camaraderie in the kitchen with my family and friends. Thus being said, I have really tried to spread that love of living a healthy life to those I love the most. As I posted earlier I just graduated from nursing school and will sit for my board exam in two weeks. Long term, I dream about becoming a NP and advising my patients on the exact same things. While I've got a long way to go to reach my ideal body weight I try to worry less about that number and more about just waking up each morning and being able to love who I see in the mirror. That in itself is a VICTORY! :)

Now about the Whole30, I've never done this before but would said that I was about 70/30 paleo before beginning this week. However, I would have days where I would crash and BURN. So, I'm excited about this opportunity to reset and refocus. Some things that I do that might help you guys is preparing all my veggies and fruits beforehand. If I've got strawberries and squash readily available I will choose those over something else every time. Also, carrots are a great snack. I also roasted some pecans and almonds in some coconut oil and spices. Those are a perfect little snack as well. For lunch, I'm mildly addicted to the hickory smoked tuna packets. One serving is almost always enough with some veggies and fruit too. They have several different flavors that are yummy! If you stick to the regular ole tuna in water that is delicious with some fresh lemon or lime juice. Planning my meals has been essential too. Living alone, I almost always cook an extra portion for dinner and have that as a choice for lunch the next day too.

One more thing! I'm also a CrossFitter. ANYONE can do it. It has helped me tremendously with self-confidence in general but also with my coordination and I saw results almost immediately. SO DON'T BE SCARED! It's a lot of fun too. Guys, best of luck. I know that we are only on day 3 but that's progress and progress means change and change is GOOD! We can do this!!

Have the most wonderful day yall!

~Katee

Hi Eve 

Sounds like you are going well Eve! I have been waiting for cravings and crankiness too, but this is my fourth day, but I feel fine so far. In fact I have been feeling increasingly better, no negative side-effects yet.......

I have sinned twice: drank a Coke Zero on my second day, and absent -minded licked honey of the spoon I used to add honey to my daughters Rooibos tea. Other than that, perfect. I finish I run of shifts in two days, and this is usually where I get tripped up. The first night off duty means pizza and red wine etc. for me, so I will have to bee vigilant.

I have been exercising, and meditating, and I feel quite good. I find using this forum to police me quite useful, I did not use it last time when I failed, could be the reason I went of track that time.

Cheers

Francsois

Hey you guys! I know that I have been a little MIA the past three days but I have to tell ya... I have been getting emails with all of your posts throughout each day and it is rather reassuring! So, THANKS! I figure since everyone else is sharing that I should too. I'm not very good about talking about myself and admitting my failures.

~Katee

Thanks for sharing your story Katee (it does feel wierd talking about personal things on a forum, doesnt it!). You sound like you struggle with the same things the rest of us do, so we are there with you. Only 30 days! Good luck with your exam, I understand the stress. I am tied up with exams and assignments too. What a great ambition you have to become a NP, very cool! 

Cheers

Francsois

Hi Eve 

Sounds like you are going well Eve! I have been waiting for cravings and crankiness too, but this is my fourth day, but I feel fine so far. In fact I have been feeling increasingly better, no negative side-effects yet.......

I have sinned twice: drank a Coke Zero on my second day, and absent -minded licked honey of the spoon I used to add honey to my daughters Rooibos tea. Other than that, perfect. I finish I run of shifts in two days, and this is usually where I get tripped up. The first night off duty means pizza and red wine etc. for me, so I will have to bee vigilant.

I have been exercising, and meditating, and I feel quite good. I find using this forum to police me quite useful, I did not use it last time when I failed, could be the reason I went of track that time.

Cheers

Francsois

Keep up the good work, Francsois! I think it's pretty human to have a slip up, and as long as you get right back on the horse you'll do just fine. I never properly thanked you for starting this forum thread for us, so THANK YOU!

I think it's very helpful to have this group where we are all at the same stage in our journeys. We can learn together, lament together, and perfect our experiences together, at the same rate.  Have a great, wholesome day!

So here's my story: I am a perfectionist and am really competitive. With that said, most of what each of you have posted I have dealt with the same issues at some point in my short 28 years. I am an emotional eater. It took me YEARS to be able to recognize that when I am stressed, depressed and even happy - I over eat. In the past I have also tried every "fad diet" under the sun including the HCG drops (AWFUL IDEA!). What really changed my life was spending a week in Belize. I was in a tiny, very poor village, surrounded by people who hardly had enough food to feed their kids. Yet, they were full of joy. That rocked my world. I came back to the states and decided that I wasn't going to let food and my feelings towards food rule my life. Food is essential to living a healthy life. That's it... NOW - the other side of that is that I have learned to LOVE food in a totally different aspect. I love to cook and love the camaraderie in the kitchen with my family and friends. Thus being said, I have really tried to spread that love of living a healthy life to those I love the most. As I posted earlier I just graduated from nursing school and will sit for my board exam in two weeks. Long term, I dream about becoming a NP and advising my patients on the exact same things. While I've got a long way to go to reach my ideal body weight I try to worry less about that number and more about just waking up each morning and being able to love who I see in the mirror. That in itself is a VICTORY! :)

Now about the Whole30, I've never done this before but would said that I was about 70/30 paleo before beginning this week. However, I would have days where I would crash and BURN. So, I'm excited about this opportunity to reset and refocus. Some things that I do that might help you guys is preparing all my veggies and fruits beforehand. If I've got strawberries and squash readily available I will choose those over something else every time. Also, carrots are a great snack. I also roasted some pecans and almonds in some coconut oil and spices. Those are a perfect little snack as well. For lunch, I'm mildly addicted to the hickory smoked tuna packets. One serving is almost always enough with some veggies and fruit too. They have several different flavors that are yummy! If you stick to the regular ole tuna in water that is delicious with some fresh lemon or lime juice. Planning my meals has been essential too. Living alone, I almost always cook an extra portion for dinner and have that as a choice for lunch the next day too.

One more thing! I'm also a CrossFitter. ANYONE can do it. It has helped me tremendously with self-confidence in general but also with my coordination and I saw results almost immediately. SO DON'T BE SCARED! It's a lot of fun too. Guys, best of luck. I know that we are only on day 3 but that's progress and progress means change and change is GOOD! We can do this!!

~Katee

Sounds like you're on the right track, Katee! I, too, am a competitive perfectionist, so I understand what you mean. Keep up the good work. The CrossFit is probably going to enhance your results and give you great energy as well!

How's everyones day 3 going?!?!?!

I'm on day 4. I actually woke up feeling FANTASTIC! I was energized and patient. No headache or feeling tired at all!

Breakfast: Had a fruit salad of strawberries, bananas, and blueberries with cinnamon and nutmeg, handful of cashews, and 2 over medium eggs on a bed of sauteed kale, peppers, and avocado... DELICIOUS!!!

Lunch: I had originally made a kale and spinach salad with ground turkey on the side to bring with me, since I wasn't going to be home. My family decided to go to a restaurant, and asked me to go. I ordered a salad with avocado and tomatoes, no dressing or cheese. And luckily had my own dressing and a Primal Pac. My dad kept trying to convince me I could eat the appetizers... fried green beans, spinach and artichoke dip, bruschetta... I kept telling him I couldn't because of ingredients they use to cook the food... my uncle asked me if I was dieting and I said no, it's kind of like Paleo, only more hardcore. And my dad chimes in with "just some stupid diet thing she's doing." I was sooooo mad after that! It hasn't ruined my day completely, but definitely put a damper on my mood. Then my husband gets all cranky with me, and that was that. lol 

Dinner: I wasn't extremely hungry, so I ate some cashews with a baked apple and blueberries, with cinnamon and nutmeg. And a pork chop with peppers and zucchini. Drizzled with some oil and vinegar. 

I'm so happy to hear everyone's story and to ride this wave with you.  It's an honor to be a part of it.  :)

Today was a little bit of a challenge for me. Not because I was craving anything but because its too bloody hot to use the stove!!!!!!  I've had to get creative with my meals.

Breakfast:banana with almond butter & a pre-made boiled egg (I usually have a few stocked up in the fridge)

Lunch: Tuna salad in lettuce cups

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken with a peach and celery with more almond butter.

Jeepers. I hope it cools down soon.  There's a butternut squash in my cupboard that's calling my name, but so far I don't want it nearly enough to heat the oven to 400 degrees. :blink:

Archived