Starting 28 August, join me!

francsois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! Day 5 for me here.

Survived yesterday evening wine attack, wanted to have my old regular Friday night food and drink,  but managed to distract myself with some shoe shopping, so all good, still on track.

Have a great weekend!

--Rita

usmile, I had the same issue with Friday night... me and my husband normally have beer and pizza... it was hard not to! We still spent time together, but he had the beer and pizza, I  had a baked apple and blueberries with walnuts, and a big kale and spinach chicken salad! I just didn't look at the pizza and thought about how GREAT I've felt since starting this... no bloaty sick tired feeling after eating! :) Way to go on distracting yourself with shoe shopping! It's an awesome excuse to get some new things!

Day 5 for me.

I woke up not hungry at all. Been awake for almost 2 hours, and I'm STILL not hungry. I started to make something, and just make myself have breakfast, but then stopped... 

So I'm wondering, do I make myself eat breakfast? Or do I just wait until I'm hungry and eat then? I will be in a car, however, until 12 or 1 pm, so if I wait, what should I bring in the car if I just get soooo hungry I can't wait?!

Day 5 for me.

I woke up not hungry at all. Been awake for almost 2 hours, and I'm STILL not hungry. I started to make something, and just make myself have breakfast, but then stopped...

So I'm wondering, do I make myself eat breakfast? Or do I just wait until I'm hungry and eat then? I will be in a car, however, until 12 or 1 pm, so if I wait, what should I bring in the car if I just get soooo hungry I can't wait?!

I think you should eat something, even if its only small - a HB egg with some vegies, possibly try some starchy carbs if you have some....some people find they get hungrier if they include starchy carbs earlier in the day!

Ashley, good job dealing with Friday night "pizza and beer" ritual!

Do you work out at all? I find that even 20-30 minute brisk walk increases my appetite. 

I eat 1HB egg first thing in the morning if I am very hungry and after that either walk 30-50 minutes or Crossfit, when I get home I am ready for a good breakfast.

--Rita

Survived yesterday evening wine attack, wanted to have my old regular Friday night food and drink,  but managed to distract myself with some shoe shopping, so all good, still on track.

Have a great weekend!

--Rita

Rita, I had the same exact battle yesterday. I really wanted my usual Friday margarita/wine and sweet dessert. I was definitely battling my sugar dragons. I tried eating savory foods to distract my brain, I tried physical distractions, but my craving was still there. Finally I broke down and chopped up a banana, drizzled a little almond butter on top and poured a tiny bit of unsweetened vanilla almond milk on it and used that to calm my cravings. Then I immediately felt guilty for indulging, because I know despite all the ingredients being Whole30 approved (well, maybe not the almond milk), the key is about changing habits and not caving in to those sugary cravings.

I suppose it's better than diving face first into the pint of chocolate sorbetto I resisted buying at the grocery store. :)

Keep up the good work!

Hi Eve 

Sounds like you are going well Eve! I have been waiting for cravings and crankiness too, but this is my fourth day, but I feel fine so far. In fact I have been feeling increasingly better, no negative side-effects yet.......

I have sinned twice: drank a Coke Zero on my second day, and absent -minded licked honey of the spoon I used to add honey to my daughters Rooibos tea. Other than that, perfect. I finish I run of shifts in two days, and this is usually where I get tripped up. The first night off duty means pizza and red wine etc. for me, so I will have to bee vigilant.

I have been exercising, and meditating, and I feel quite good. I find using this forum to police me quite useful, I did not use it last time when I failed, could be the reason I went of track that time.

Cheers

Francsois

Hi Francsois, Tracy is right! Just keep on going! You're not alone with cravings trust me! Btw I'm SOOO with you with pizza and wine after whole30!!!! My favourite demons haha :-)

Keep strong!

Marianna

I'm so happy to hear everyone's story and to ride this wave with you.  It's an honor to be a part of it.  :)

Today was a little bit of a challenge for me. Not because I was craving anything but because its too bloody hot to use the stove!!!!!!  I've had to get creative with my meals.

Breakfast:banana with almond butter & a pre-made boiled egg (I usually have a few stocked up in the fridge)

Lunch: Tuna salad in lettuce cups

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken with a peach and celery with more almond butter.

Jeepers. I hope it cools down soon.  There's a butternut squash in my cupboard that's calling my name, but so far I don't want it nearly enough to heat the oven to 400 degrees. :blink:

Hi Deb, oh I'm so jealous right now of your hot weather ! Here in Europe autumn is coming that means summer's over! (boooo). So you can feel a bit happier about the sauna you have over there  ;)

Btw very nice meal plan! This keeps me stay consistent too!

Day 5 for me.

Hi Ashley, it's weird for me too but I don't feel that hungry either... Me personally I don't push it and I just wait until I'm hungry and then I eat...When I take something to eat with me and I'm in a hurry I always rely on chicken/turkey breasts cut into small pieces and stir fried broccoli (usually I'd add garlic too because I love it but I'd do that mostly for dinner when I'm not going out :) ) and then I add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's ready in 15min made from scratch, easy to pack and very tasty and satisfying!

Hi everyone, I'm really glad that Francsois started this topic (thank you Francsois!!) because it really makes me NOT eat what I'm craving..I always think to myself: what positive would I write here if I had that slice of bread!? :-)

So here I am at the end of day 4 feeling positive about eating healthy and being constistent so far.. and you all really help me with that! so big THANK YOU!

What I noticed during these 4 days is that so far I feel really fine most of the time. What I find a bit difficult is when I SEE or SMELL the food which I love but I know is not good for me - like pizza, fresh bread or croissant... I just don't feel that comfortable around these foods because they are tempting and I just want to eat them! :) So I need to constantly remind myself WHY I'm doing this... and this forum is a part of "my why" too! Do you also experience something similar?

Let's keep pushing! We can totally do this !

My "friday night"  test is coming up tommorow, after my shifts are finished. I subscribe to the Whole30 Daily, day 4 said make a list of 5 thinghs you would do if faced with a craving. Mine are:

• Walk around my house
  • 10 push ups
  • cup of green tea
  • chat to my wife
  • play with my kid
  • Eat a chocolate bar (not really, I wish, that was my old solution)

Will let you know how they worked shortly! I feel quite good currently, No side effects noted so far.

Cheers

Francsois

Hi everyone, I'm really glad that Francsois started this topic (thank you Francsois!!) because it really makes me NOT eat what I'm craving..I always think to myself: what positive would I write here if I had that slice of bread!? :-)

So here I am at the end of day 4 feeling positive about eating healthy and being constistent so far.. and you all really help me with that! so big THANK YOU!

What I noticed during these 4 days is that so far I feel really fine most of the time. What I find a bit difficult is when I SEE or SMELL the food which I love but I know is not good for me - like pizza, fresh bread or croissant... I just don't feel that comfortable around these foods because they are tempting and I just want to eat them! :) So I need to constantly remind myself WHY I'm doing this... and this forum is a part of "my why" too! Do you also experience something similar?

I Marapa, sounds like those smells of the yummy food could hook you, remove yourself from the temptation physically. Well done so far.

Cheers

Francsois

Have a great weekend!

--Rita

Hi Rita

Yes, A wine habit can be quite a bastard, I have empathy, since I have quite a well developed red wine habit too. I have decided to severely cut booze from my life even after the 30 days, I am convinced that even moderate drinking is bad for you. Good going Rita, and good luck! 

Cheers

Francsois

Ashley, good job dealing with Friday night "pizza and beer" ritual!

Do you work out at all? I find that even 20-30 minute brisk walk increases my appetite. 

I eat 1HB egg first thing in the morning if I am very hungry and after that either walk 30-50 minutes or Crossfit, when I get home I am ready for a good breakfast.

--Rita

Amberino and Rita, I ended up eating a small pork chop with some zucchini and a little bit of a cauliflower/sweet potato/carrot mash I made the other day, and a small portion of cashews. It was enough, and i wasn't hungry for quite a while, about 7 hours. I do workout almost every day. I do P90X, Insanity, or Brazil Butt Lift, or I will run at least 3 miles if I'm not wanting to do any strength training. For some reason, I just wasn't hungry. And I honestly don't get too hungry being on the Whole30. I thought I would be, because before I could eat nonstop and not feel full. Now I'm satisfied, and I don't feel like snacking. Which is AWESOME! 

Hi Ashley, it's weird for me too but I don't feel that hungry either... Me personally I don't push it and I just wait until I'm hungry and then I eat...When I take something to eat with me and I'm in a hurry I always rely on chicken/turkey breasts cut into small pieces and stir fried broccoli (usually I'd add garlic too because I love it but I'd do that mostly for dinner when I'm not going out :) ) and then I add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's ready in 15min made from scratch, easy to pack and very tasty and satisfying!

Thanks for the advice Marapa! I'm going to have to do that next time. I ended up eating beforehand, a pork chop with a little zucchini and a little bit of a cauliflower/sweet potato/carrot puree I made the other day, and a small portion of cashews. And I honestly wasn't hungry until about 7 hours later. And I wasn't even that hungry then, but didn't want to go into starvation mode. 

I've noticed that too! As far as smelling or seeing the food. It's starting to get better, maybe I'm just getting a little used to it? The others in my family don't eat so well, so I'm around it all the time. ugh... at least you have a WHY! That helps :) Keep it up!

My Saturday night consisted of grocery shopping! lol As I was checking out, the lady that was scanning everything says "You're buying all this healthy stuff... asparagus... eggplant... peaches... you need the fun stuff!" I was like, "This IS the fun stuff!" She looked at me like I was crazy! And then proceeded to tell me I was skinny, had beautiful skin and hair, and I didn't need to lose any weight. Tried to tell her it's not about losing weight, it's about being healthy and living life. She wanted nothing of it though! Oh well... I'm gonna keep buying my healthy stuff!

Breakfast was a pork chop with zucchini, cashews, and a cauliflower/carrot/sweet potato mash

Had a late lunch of grilled chicken with avocado and kale, cantaloupe, and grilled peppers. 

Haven't had anything for dinner, because I'm honestly just not hungry. I kind of want to make myself eat something, since we need 3 meals, but at the same time, isn't this about listening to your body and its cues? I'm at a standstill... once again.

http://goodcheapeats.com/2013/02/monkey-salad/

Okay, so I ate a small dinner, because I was a little hungry and didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night starving. I had some ground turkey with spinach and peppers. And then tried the monkey salad, which is the link up above. OMG AMAZING!!! I suggest trying it! I want more, but I'm not hungry so it'll just have to wait until tomorrow. But seriously... it's freaking delicious!

Okay, so I ate a small dinner, because I was a little hungry and didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night starving. I had some ground turkey with spinach and peppers. And then tried the monkey salad, which is the link up above. OMG AMAZING!!! I suggest trying it! I want more, but I'm not hungry so it'll just have to wait until tomorrow. But seriously... it's freaking delicious!

Will give the salad a try today, thanks Ash 

My Saturday night consisted of grocery shopping! lol As I was checking out, the lady that was scanning everything says "You're buying all this healthy stuff... asparagus... eggplant... peaches... you need the fun stuff!" I was like, "This IS the fun stuff!" She looked at me like I was crazy! And then proceeded to tell me I was skinny, had beautiful skin and hair, and I didn't need to lose any weight. Tried to tell her it's not about losing weight, it's about being healthy and living life. She wanted nothing of it though! Oh well... I'm gonna keep buying my healthy stuff!

Breakfast was a pork chop with zucchini, cashews, and a cauliflower/carrot/sweet potato mash

Had a late lunch of grilled chicken with avocado and kale, cantaloupe, and grilled peppers. 

Haven't had anything for dinner, because I'm honestly just not hungry. I kind of want to make myself eat something, since we need 3 meals, but at the same time, isn't this about listening to your body and its cues? I'm at a standstill... once again.

I have definitely been heckled by more than one grocery clerk. One sympathetically told me I should "be nicer to myself" I just smiled, but I was thinking "This is me being nicer to myself!" 

Today at work we were treated to a company lunch due to some above standard profits and I couldn't eat any of it. Between that and me having to turn down drinks with my boss the night before I was a little on the sad side. However, my frown was turned upside down when I found some tasty lamb chops on sale.  :D  Lamb is my favorite. Turning the oven on didn't even matter at that point.

All in all I feel pretty good.  My energy is up and when I woke up this morning I was all awake instead of being sleepy for an hour or so. I did get hungry in the middle of my shift today. I didn't so much feel the hunger as much as I noticed I was feeling inordinately cranky. Once I ate I was back to normal.  I love being able to eat when I need to and have no guilt about it.

Its so much better to have a group of people to do this with than struggling on your own. We are doing so well so far! I 

Oh the salad looks so yummy! heading to the store to get some coconut flakes! I love cashews :)

Pepper, you stayed with the program and came up with something you can eat. Maybe you need a list of things that you can do next time you have a craving like that.

I felt very hungry most of the day yesterday, not sure why, so I had a whole30 complaint snack after breakfast - sweet potato with an egg fried in coconut oil and some almonds. 

Here is what we had for dinner - this salad became our favorite Paleo/Whole30 meal

http://everydaypaleo.com/chicken-jicama-slaw/

Enjoy your Sunday! 

Archived