Starting August 1!! Ready to reclaim my body!

mrsmonkey409

Hey all!! Several years back my husband and I became involved in Crossfit and constantly heard about the paleo lifestyle. We kinda sorta bought into it but obviously weren't ready to fully commit. We continued with Crossfit until we moved to a new house and quickly became disengaged :( Becoming pregnant didn't help, because it seemed like the perfect excuse to be lazy.... Now I'm almost 4 months post-pregnancy, and I'm still up nearly 18 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight and feeling so sluggish and unhappy with my body and energy level. I want to be a happy, healthy, energetic mom for my family! Soooooo I contacted some old buddies and told them I wanted to really give paleo a try. And I was instantly told to check out Whole9's site. Since then, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about living the paleo life :) And I'm going to give a Whole30 a try starting August 1. I'm really lucky, because my husband is as excited as I am about embarking on this new adventure. So he's going to do it too! Having support is going to be so helpful for me, since I'm definitely nervous about making such a huge change to my current eating habits. BUT...in my mind there is no option here.

Welcome! I haven't made it through a Whole30 yet - I had a Whole3 and a Whole11, so I'm on day 3 of my third try. Good for you for trying it...I think it's really exciting and it's certainly made a huge difference for me. It really helps having a supportive partner - my husband actually first discovered the "Caveman" diet many years ago. I've been eating this way off and on for about three weeks now and I've already lost 8 pounds, even without much exercise.

Best of luck! The community here is terrific...you'll find lots of help and information!

Best of luck to you both! It really does help to have that extra support from your partner! I'm on day 8 today and this past weekend was so hard for me but I made it through no cheats because my fiance is super supportive and doing the whole30 with me. It's worth it!

Archived