Post Whole 30 Adventure

almcc

Yesterday was day 30 of my 2nd whole whatever. Today starts 30 days of riding my bike without training wheels!

Mostly I intend to eat compliantly at home. And not worry about cooking techniques (except cooking with soybean oil) or sugar in meat or cream in my coffee when I go out to eat. I don't really miss much - except for margaritas and I'm not adding them back in right now- so I'm still thinking about whether I want to add more back in.

My rules for this 30 days include

1) logging food daily here

2) sending food log to my friend daily

3) no weighing!!!

4) follow the whole30 template

5) 3 meals, no snacking

6) no nuts or Lara bars.

I'm excited. After 30 days - I'll see what's next.

I'm hoping a few people join me here! All are welcome of course.

Happy eating.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! :)

I'm liking the look of those rules! I took my own stabilisers off a couple of days ago & boy am i not ready for that :blink: But at the same time i'd like something with a bit more wiggle room than a Proper Whole30. I'd like to be able to add a little wine, honey or maple syrup when cooking (NOT paleo baked goods! They're my downfall & gateway to worser things :ph34r:). I'm away staying with my parents this weekend & while it'll be nice to stay true, it may not be 100% possible. But i'll do my best!

Right. Maybe i should begin by throwing out the last of the almond flour brownies i made yesterday..!

Ok, just for the record, here is my food log for today:

Breakfast - pork with apricot & apples, leftover cauliflower, roasted squash & gingered carrots

Snack - about 4 or 5 paleo brownies

Lunch - pumpkin chilli & spaghetti squash. More brownies

Snack - more brownies. 2 "bar & a half" sized Dairy Milk chocolate

Dinner - rogan josh & cauliflower rice

Tomorrow will be better  :rolleyes:

Hi all!

Hi Roz. Glad you came over. You're killing me with the talk of brownies though. ;)

This is what I ate so far. I was in the car driving all day today. Even though I packed food I snacked. On potato chips. I ate a bunch and then realized they didn't taste very good. I have got to learn that just because they call to me from the grocery shelf - that doesn't mean I should eat them. Also had a Lara bar. It was supposed to be for emergencies. So it was not a great day.

Meal1: sweet potato, kale, ground meat, eggs, cm, coffee

Meal 2?: kettle chips, larabar, chicken, carrots

Meal 3: don't know. But I'm craving meat and guacamole. Hoping the hotel has such things on their restaurant menu.

Happy eating.

Hi All

Last night went ok. Had a burger without the bun, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and fries.

Slept like a baby last night - about 7 1/2 hours. Now I'm up and ready to go. My company is still sleeping so I am down in the hotel lobby having a cup of coffee with a smidge of cream and thinking.

This log had to be about more than what I eat. I need to include how I feel. I want to practice listening to my body. Actually paying attention. That will be a change.

Here's to care for ourselves!!

Woke today feeling awful, funnily enough :rolleyes:

Breakfast - pork with apples & apricots, cabbage & spaghetti squash, sauerkraut

Then we packed up the car & drove north to Newcastle to stay with my parents for a few days

Lunch - selection of cold meats, salad leaves, radishes & beetroot. Brought my sauerkraut along for the ride too :lol: Ate a peach after.

Dinner - fish casserole (halibut & scallops, yum!), leeks & cauliflower. Nectarine.

Probably stayed pretty compliant today really, though the meat at lunch probably had sugar in (there was cured tongue & that usually does). But not bad at all.

Spent a couple of hours barefoot on the beach this afternoon, just what the (primal) doctor ordered! Hoping for a good night's sleep & another top day tomorrow :)

Hi All,

Roz- sorry you're feeling ick. I love that you're visiting Newcastle (dh went to school there). Is that where you're from?

I had an ok day too. No snacking - which is great.

1: eggs, bacon, tomato, coffee+ cream. I ended up drinking 3 sips and then switched to black coffee.

2: chipotle carnitas, salad, guac

3: dry ribs, sp fries, green beans, tea with milk

Slept great last night. Feeling pretty good - but im not really up. :P I'm home now. Happy about that. Was missing bp coffee.

Happy eating.

Hello :)

So tired today, i must have been up about 8 times in the night for a wee (tmi, sorry!). No evening cuppa for me tonight!! Still, as i hadn't stuffed myself with sugary junk, even though i was up loads i still slept better than i have recently. Sugar = can't sleep. Might get that tattooed somewhere.

Been getting some more North Sea air in my lungs today :) Lovely. My dad's job moved him up here about 8 years ago & they liked it & stayed. They're in North Shields, so right near the coast. It's nice, though cold & windy (soft Midlander speaking :lol:)

Breakfast - 2 chunks of (my) homemade meatloaf, 2 fried eggs & some sauerkraut. Ended up with my mum hovering behind me in the kitchen saying "ooh, that looks interesting, I'll have some of that!" :D

Lunch - rump steak & a big salad at the local pub. Nameless dressing on the salad. Forgot to say no onion rings, but my mum & OH were happy to help with those :rolleyes:

Dinner - I'm cooking! Roast pork tenderloin with ginger & apples. Not sure of the veg yet, though i've brought a cabbage with me!

Hoping to get more sleep tonight... Back in my own bed tomorrow though :)

Happy eating!

Hello :)

So tired today, i must have been up about 8 times in the night for a wee (tmi, sorry!). No evening cuppa for me tonight!! Still, as i hadn't stuffed myself with sugary junk, even though i was up loads i still slept better than i have recently. Sugar = can't sleep. Might get that tattooed somewhere.

Been getting some more North Sea air in my lungs today :) Lovely. My dad's job moved him up here about 8 years ago & they liked it & stayed. They're in North Shields, so right near the coast. It's nice, though cold & windy (soft Midlander speaking :lol:)

Breakfast - 2 chunks of (my) homemade meatloaf, 2 fried eggs & some sauerkraut. Ended up with my mum hovering behind me in the kitchen saying "ooh, that looks interesting, I'll have some of that!" :D

Lunch - rump steak & a big salad at the local pub. Nameless dressing on the salad. Forgot to say no onion rings, but my mum & OH were happy to help with those :rolleyes:

Dinner - I'm cooking! Roast pork tenderloin with ginger & apples. Not sure of the veg yet, though i've brought a cabbage with me!

Hoping to get more sleep tonight... Back in my own bed tomorrow though :)

Happy eating!

My dad is from Newcastle, my mum was from Loughborough :) hope you had a good night sleep, and enjoyed your roast - yum!

Hi all

It's a small world! I would love to go live near the North Sea when my DH retires. I'm working on him. Sloooooow process.

I still have company so we ate out again. And we had a cheese plate at home. I had some hard cheese from France - not sure if it affected me. It was yum. No snacks today. Had a 2 hour nap though.

1: bacon, tomato, eggs, fruit, coffee with cream

2: dry ribs, tomato, carrots, guac

3: cheese, currd meat, steak, tomato, sp, avocado, banana, coconut butter

Slept great!!! Joints are a little stuff today. Not going to have any dairy for the next few days.

Happy eating.

I had cheese today too :)

Breakfast - meatloaf, a sausage & 2 fried eggs. Sauerkraut. I know the sausage had rusk in, but my dad had specially got them from his favourite deli to make a meal with... I don't think he realised at all. Hey-ho. They were good meaty sausages on the whole!

Lunch - sausage casserole, cabbage & leeks, sauerkraut. Peach after, & a bit of cheese - some French sheep cheese & some Spanish goat cheese. Olé.

Dinner - we're home again & i'm cooking big fat sirloin steaks to celebrate! Probably with some sweet potato & maybe green beans.

Managed to get to the beach again this morning before we left, though it was freezing!! Good for the soul though :)

Now i just need a few days to work out if this itchy/runny nose & scratchy throat is

1) an after effect from the sugar on Wednesday/Thursday (cos it started almost immediately)

2) an allergy (i often get an itchy nose at my parents house) or

3) just a slight cold

Funny, i ALWAYS had "a cold" as a kid, despite my mum's best efforts with thermal vests, & now i wonder if i didn't just have some massive food intolerance to chocolate or something. My mum put it in everything to get me to eat as i was kinda fussy :rolleyes: Everytime i eat it now, snuffle snuffle. Plus you tend to crave what you're intolerant to... Hmm...

So looking forward to a sleep in my own bed tonight! Happy eating everyone! :)

Hiya

Roz - yummy dinner.  Let us know if the symptoms are sugar related.  

I had a icky day yesterday.  Got to see my dh. But I had to say good bye to her and a close friend I only see every 2 years or so.  So I drowned my sorrow in potato chips. Not good and not bad. The emotional eating is a problem still.  But I ate potatoes, canola oil and salt. HUGE improvement over what I would have done before.  

I had 2 meals + snacking.

1: eggs, cured meat, kale, sp, coffee, cm

2: chicken, peppers, olives, guac, carrots

Today it is already 2pm and I have only had 1 meal. :( And I snacked on coconut butter - which is now out of the house.

1: eggs, steak, kale, sp, coffee, cm

I feel ok.  A little bloated.  The hot flashes are might today.

I now can add coconut butter to my list of "cannot stop" foods.

Salmon is on the menu for dinner.

Happy Eating!!!!

A

Sorry you had a sad day - but kudos for the better-option food ;)

I'm still none the wiser about my snuffly nose. As of yesterday I'm basically better. Just like that. An occasional sneeze, nothing more. So it could be

1) an after effect from chocolate/sugar, now cleared from my system

2) an allergy to my mum's house, now cleared from my system, or

3) a slight cold, now cleared from my system!

:huh:

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast - lamb mince, kale & blackberry balsamic dressing. Drink of beet kvass

Lunch - Well Fed's curry cauliflower rice (how did i miss that one before??! :wub: Delicious!!) with some chicken thighs

Snack - Mediterranean salami

Dinner - Swedish-style meatloaf with cherry "jam", red cabbage & broccoli. Mug of beef stock.

Felt very happy & peaceful as i was on my way to bed. Remember that feeling from each previous time I've started Whole30. Just a shame i keep feeling the need to make myself miserable at regular intervals as well :rolleyes: But good to know that Mostly-Whole30 can get me there too. Yesterday was all compliant apart from the salami, which had dextrose & lactose in it.

Today, so far so good...

Breakfast - same as yesterday

Lunch (coming soon!) - same as yesterday

Dinner - Moroccan meatballs & courgette noodles. Probably chuck some homemade salsa or gingered carrots on there too.

Off kickboxing tonight too :ph34r:

Have a good day everyone!

Hi All,

Roz - glad your snuffles are better!  I have been having allergy symptoms this week.  For me it's probably the grasses or the small amt of dairy. I have not tried the curry cauliflower rice.  I will try that tomorrow.  Have to use the zucchini tonight.  It's starting to look pooky.  SO EXCITED that you have reached a Whole 30 level of peace and happiness! :D  That is fabulous!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Last night was odd.  I had chicken, guac, sweet pot, peppers, and a plum.  Was so so bloated afterwards. I'm wondering if something was  a bit off.  This morning I feel great.  Got up bright and early to go work out - 6am.  Discovered the car is dead - it was in the shop last week for the same issue. Perhaps they will fix it this time. Instead of being  :angry: I am feeling ok with it all. Which is big for me - especially since I also realized I don't have a work out appointment till 9. lol.  Level moods - how fab is that!!

Happy eating!!!!

Tuesday update: realised that I'd got to Day 30 in my Primal Blueprint journal - 30 days ago i decided to start another whole30 :) Ok, it was the whole30 that never was :rolleyes: but i think i've learnt a lot. I've lost 1.5lbs - not much for 30 days, but that'll be due to all the muscle I'm packing on at bootcamp :lol:

I weighed the kids too, my son (nearly 5) is 42lbs & my daughter (nearly 6) is 41lbs. Now if i could just get them to sit on opposite ends of a bar... :D

Roz. Congratulations. This is a journey and you should be proud. Congrats in the weightloss and the muscle. Have you been measuring yourself or taking pictures. I'm amazed at how much change there can be in my shape.

I'm still struggling with my rules 5&6. I didn't snack today but I had a larabar. It was a weird day and that was my reward. I did eye a chocolate bar - but I stayed away. Woohoo.

This is what I ate-

1: zucchini, tomato, eggs, bacon, guac, coffee with cm

2: steak, mayo (homemade), lettuce, spinach, carrots, banana

3: ate out: corn tortilla, steak, lettuce, peppers, onions, salsa, guac, larabar.

Happy eating.

I'm rubbish at measuring... I did take a Before photo back on August 5, managed to delete it, so took another the next day. There was a noticeable difference in the acreage of my midriff then! I'd had several poor food days prior :ph34r: But I'd definitely say my clothes are fitting a little better :)

Took a while to get to sleep last night (post-kicking adrenaline), but then i slept really well. Full of the joys of spring today & got loads done.

Breakfast - lamb mince, kale & blackberry balsamic dressing, beet kvass

Lunch - kale,'cabbage, Swedish meatloaf & cherry "jam"

Snack - pork bacon & pineapple donut (yes really! Very tasty :)) & some crunchy toasted coconut chips

Dinner (to come) - country captain chicken, maybe with some spaghetti squash

My kids start back at school tomorrow, with my youngest going full time from Monday - so there goes my not-exercising excuse!

Happy eating! :)

Hi All

Roz- Did you take another picture yestersay? Congratulations on the changes you are seeing. How is your congestion?

Are you excited school starts? How young is the littlest?

Yesterday was pretty successful. Except I had a snack and nuts. But no larabar!! Even though I was in TJ and my dh tried to buy some for me. I stayed firm and we didn't buy any. But about 3 hours after dinner I was snacky. I know there wasn't enough food/fat on my dinner and the fries made me feel over full.

I bought some great things at TJs so we can stay home for dinner. I think we are still adjusting to the empty house. It's awfully quiet. :(

This is what I ate

1: eggs, bacon, kale, so, decaf with cm

2: steak, carrots, guac, grapes

3: ate out: burger(no bun), tomato, lettuce, onions, peppers, fries, banana,

snack: nuts

Happy Eating!!

Roz- forgot to ask about the donut. Is this your creation or is there a fancy donut shop nearby? We have one of those nearby. I cannot go in because I love red velvet donuts. They have an Elvis donut. Peanut butter and bacon. Bet it's yum.

The donuts were homemade, from a recipe on fastpaleo.com - it's a pineapple ring with some pork mince on top, all held together with bacon. Genius!

I meant to take another photo today but then forgot. I've been using the big mirror in the ladies at work, all the mirrors at home are (deliberately) hung so i can only see myself from the shoulders up :lol: I'll know progress has been made if i ever start shifting them down a bit :D

My kids are nearly-5 & nearly-6 - so in reception & Year 1 respectively. My son has 2 half days this week, but will be full time from Monday. They were both VERY excited this morning, i guess i should enjoy that while it lasts!

Today's food so far...

Breakfast - beef mince, kale & blackberry balsamic dressing. Bought extra lean mince as it was going cheap, it's like cardboard :(

Lunch - courgette noodles, beef mince, pine nuts & roasted garlic & tomato marinara sauce. Then a fresh peach. Then a glass of freshly fermented blackberry kvass. Wasn't sure if i liked that, so i had a few snack sausages that i bought from Ikea - smoked elk & pork, not bad!

Dinner will be Moroccan style lamb stew, maybe with some greens.

Had a couple of occasions already today where my mind's turned to "maybe just a little something", but so far so good! Go me :lol:

Happy eating!

Hi All

Roz- those donuts sound interesting. Today I'm going to make my homemade breakfast sausage. I wonder if that would work with pineapple and bacon. Everything goes with bacon!!

5 and 6 are sweet ages. I miss that sometimes. There are some ages that I don't want to do over. Lol. My girl turns 19 this weekend. And I get to see her again. We are taking her and 4 of her new college friends to dinner. Fun.

Yesterday was a bust. Breakfast was the usual eggs, meat, sp, kale. But them at lunch I decided to try something I hadn't had since march - sushi. I even made a point of using coconut aminos instead of soy. I got very bloated and then wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. Ended up snacking though. Back to compliant meals today. And no more sushi. Was not worth it.

Happy eating.

Well I feel icky - bloated, stiff, puffy, throat scratchy, stuffed up. I just worked out and did ok - I think I'll feel better later. No more sushi. There was probably gluten somewhere.

Here's to eating well and taking care of ourselves!!

Hope you're feeling better today!

Yesterday was a Tiger Blood day :P I made pulled pork in the slow cooker, spiced pork on the hob, crunchy pork rinds, Paleo chili sauce & maple breakfast sausages, applied for 2 jobs, did 2 loads of laundry, roasted a butternut squash & went to bootcamp. Oh, and the school walk as well :lol:

Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs, some beef mince & hot sauce, sauerkraut

Oops, posted too soon! :lol:

Lunch - kale, Swedish meatloaf & cherry "jam"

Dinner - spiced pork with butternut squash & kale

Post-wo snack - butternut squash & some beef mince, blackberry kvass

I didn't feel hungry or snacky at all yesterday, which for me is extremely rare! :ph34r: Maybe it's because i kept busy...

So far today, breakfast was mince, spaghetti squash, pine nuts & roasted garlic marinara sauce, yum!

Have a good Saturday! :)

Archived