No More Statin

Cathie W

I went to the doctor today for a follow up visit from my fasting lab. My cholesterol went from 151 on a statin to 78. I asked my doctor if I could go off of the statin and he said yes. My blood pressure was 116/80, my pulse was 64. My doctor couldn't hear any wheezing, and he couldn't hear my heart murmur either. I told him that my eczema was fading, and that I have only had to use my emergency inhaler once in the last 32 days. I told him I feel great, and he asked what I had been doing. I told him about the whole 30 and Melissa and Dallas' book. He said that he had never heard of either, so I gave him a brief education. He had a student with him, and I educated her too. Oh, I almost forgot. I have lost 15lbs. too. I have to go back in 3 months. He wants to get a reading without the statin, and he wants me to have a breathing test. Thank you Melissa and Dallas for giving me my life back. I feel absolutely amazing!!!

I'm actually continuing to eat like this until my eczema fades more. I have had it for 18 years, and I know it isn't going to disappear in 30 days. This is day 33 for me. I think I will add things eventually like maybe rice, and oatmeal which I really miss a lot. Who knew it would be oatmeal that  I would miss, and not cheese. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived