Zoodles

Mom2A&M

For those that have the spiralizers - is there a specific model you recommend? There are a few on Amazon and all have some great, some awful reviews!

Vian, I know what you mean. A whole zucchini cooks down to almost nothing! Good for getting nutrition into people who don't like vegetables, but not so much if you're hungry for zoodles!

This is what I have and I love it: http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Paderno from Amazon based on the fabulous blog "Inspirilzed".  

http://www.inspiralized.com/

No affiliation, just a huge fan of her wonderful uses for the spirilizer.  If you own one, check her blog for LOTS of other ideas and recipes to use your spirilizer!

Yes lots of great ideas on her site though keep in mind most of her recipes are not fully paleo/whole30 compliant. 

I made zoodles last night.  I was very pleased with how they came out.  BUT I do have a question.  I try to follow recipes exactly but for this recipe it says "salt with a generous (or liberal) amount of salt."  That is a little too vague for me.  I salted generously, let them rest for 30 min etc etc.  The zoodles turned out salty.  My question is...did I use too much salt, or did I not rinse properly?

What do you all consider a generous amount of salt?  Are we talking a couple teaspoons or a couple tablespoons?

I am looking forward to making these again.  But less salty would be good.

Thanks!

BTW the julienner that was posted above works great.  I bought the same one off amazon after seeing the link and it worked well for me.  Very sharp though, so keep an eye on your fingers and don't rush! 

post-39420-0-47893000-1391777724_thumb.j

Archived