Started yesterday--going through August!

Mer

Hi, all!

I've done a few Whole30s in my day with a smattering of Whole7s when I go off the reservation for extended periods of time. Just turned 27, rollergirl, new-to-cooking and am looking to clean up my habits again (willpower hasn't been too great lately). Would love a buddy to trade tips and tricks/support with!

-Mer

I just started too and plan to go thru August. I'm on day 2 and going strong. I started my first Whole30 three weeks ago after finishing It Starts With Food, but I wasn't mentally prepared for it so I caved in with chocolate...and then more chocolate and even more chocolate. So this time I made sure to eat all my chocolate before starting and to have a bunch of Whole30 approved snacks around. I have celiac disease so going gluten free was not an issue. I've been gluten free for just over 2 years. But I ate a lot of Udi's products and a ton of sugar. Trying to cut those items out of my life for good. Good luck with your program.

Hi Mer, just started yesterday, myself. This is my first Whole 30, but I've been ramping up with a modified paleo for the past month and a half. I'm with you on willpower! I hope that by eliminating sugar and grains I can kill some cravings!

Steph: I can't even buy chocolate or I will eat all of it immediately. lol How's it going now that you're almost done with Day 4? I'm on Day 5 at the moment and EXHAUSTED. Doesn't help that I'm nursing a sinus infection, too. :-P

N9vember: Woohoo! You go! Ramping up ahead of time is a great idea. How are you doing so far? Any of the side effects yet?

So far, so good! I don't think I'm having any noticeable side effects, as far as I can tell. I feel like my mood is very even and calm, which is great considering work has been pretty stressful the past 2 weeks. I'm glad I haven't been craving anything sweet, which is usually an issue. How bout you? Things going well?

Archived