Nausea during workout??

Littlepeanut

This is my 3rd W30 (woot woot!) and i setup a great 5-day workout plan for me to do. I can't afford crossfit or a gym but i have some 2nd hand equipment (and a 3rd hand treadmill) that I use. I eat my preWO meal about a half-hour before I start my routine which consists of cardio and arms/legs/abs variances depending on day. I usually have an egg and a handful of almonds as a pre meal but I've noticed I can't finish my sets without feeling like i may vomit!!! Yesterday was so bad i had to lay down on the grass after my 30 min. jog and arms set because i felt soooo sick.

Should i be concerned?? I'm not a super athlete, but I do enjoy working out and I am currently on chemo but I've never had this issue in the past at all (even on chemo)... Am i maybe pushing myself too hard or am I not eating a proper PreWO?? Tonight's workout was fine but I did no cardio...

Any advice from fellow W30 athletes? I refuse to let me cancer be an excuse! So anything that may help- i'm game!!!

Personally I think the postWO is more important to help with refuelling and recovery - some people don't like exercising with food in their belly!

I don't do cardio, but would struggle with bouncing around if I'd eaten to close to the exercise. Perhaps leave longer between eating and exercise, or try different foods. Fish in oil? Chicken with mayo or avo? Maybe you don't digest the nuts well and they cause issues?

I'll try cutting out the nuts.. I usually don't have a postWO meal because i eat dinner RIGHT after (i plan this in my week since i am off in the evening) and i usually ensure I eat more protein at dinner to help repair and recover from working out. I do chemo in the mornings so i can't move my workout time sadly to see if maybe mornings would be better?.. Sigh..

Archived