2 different ?'s about reintro

aezj

I reintroduced dairy last week. At the 18 hour mark it turned bad.  Decided I won't be consuming (half & half and cottage cheese) anymore.   Can I assume, I'd have the same reaction with cheese?  Wonder what most people find...

I'm on the fence about reintro'ing gluten.  The only think I'm interested in is perhaps some toast or english muffin with breakfast. Or the occasional sandwich.  I'm worried if I eat these without effects, soon I'll be eating bread daily, which is not what I'm looking to do.  I have a major sugar dragon that is sleeping and I'm somewhat worried that the bread with awaken it.  Suggestions???

Some hard cheeses are low in lactose, so you may not have an issue with them. Unfortunately there is only one way to find out.

For gluten, I was gluten free for a long time even before my W30. Afterwards, I decided to test the waters (we were on vacation and the hotel made waffles...). While I didn't have a immediate bad reaction, I could tell that my body didn't like it. I was irregular for days afterwards. I have read that gluten antibodies can last 6 months in your body, so even one meal could keep you inflamed for awhile.

The whole point of W30 is to see how you feel free of all this 'bad' stuff. Did you feel better without gluten? Were you satisfied with your meals without it? I'm not saying don't test it, but don't have it once and say 'its ok to eat now!'

Yes, gluten gives you that baby belly. I remember when I first stopped eating it, I could fit into smaller pants the next day! And when I had those waffles on vacation, I immediately felt like there was a 10 pound lump in my gut and I felt bloated.

Archived