Acorn Squash

time2Change

I put mine in the crockpot whole on high for 2-3 hours, let it cool, slice it in half, scoop out the guts, sprinkle sea salt and cinnamon in it, add a scoop of coconut butter, and a handful of raisins. Yum. Crockpot method came from Susan and flavoring is from Practical Paleo.

• Moderators

Put squash in a slow cooker for 4 hours. The whole thing with no added water. After 4 hours, move it to the refrigerator to cool. Once cool, cut in half, scoop out seeds and discard. Scoop out the flesh and use it. I heat mine with salt, garlic powder, and other spices and serve with meat.

Heavens to Betsy you folks have WAY more patience than I do when it comes to cooking and eating!  I stab it a few times to pierce the skin.  Put it in the microwave about 5 minutes to soften the shell.  Pull it out with hotpads and cut it in half and scrape out the seeds.  Put it back in a glass microwave dish add butter (ok ghee if you are following the rules), add honey as a replacement for brown sugar (I think that is paleo ok).  Microwave with a cover over it (wax paper works).  It will be done in just a few minutes.  Eat!.. Haa.. much better.  Not fancy but fast.  You can leave off the butter and honey and flavor it some other acceptable way if you so desire.

Heavens to Betsy you folks have WAY more patience than I do when it comes to cooking and eating!  I stab it a few times to pierce the skin.  Put it in the microwave about 5 minutes to soften the shell.  Pull it out with hotpads and cut it in half and scrape out the seeds.  Put it back in a glass microwave dish add butter (ok ghee if you are following the rules), add honey as a replacement for brown sugar (I think that is paleo ok).  Microwave with a cover over it (wax paper works).  It will be done in just a few minutes.  Eat!.. Haa.. much better.  Not fancy but fast.  You can leave off the butter and honey and flavor it some other acceptable way if you so desire.

Just a reminder that honey is NOT OK on a W30. I do believe that the moderators have asked that only W30 recipes be posted in this section. 

Archived