Day 6 of whole 30..

Blondie0216

I am on day 6 and find that i am not hungry.  I end up eating only half of my meals maybe getting in only 800 - 900 calories and i dont think enough protein.  Any suggestions.

I typically eat eggs for breakfast with spinach, mushrooms, peppers all sauteed in coconut oil

Lunch - salad with chicken, turkey, pork or beef with balsamic dressing, usually have some strawberries as well

Dinner is usually - chicken beef or pork with various veggies, broccoli, cauli, tomatoes squash etc.

Do my best not to have snacks but if i do it is some unsalted cashews, small apple or hard boiled eggs

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

If you are not hungry enough to finish a meal, it is way not okay to eat a snack. You can finish a meal several hours after you start it if necessary, but substituting nuts, fruit, or a boiled egg for your meal needs to stop. And like Amber said, you can eat meals 4 or 5 times per day if needed. 

Thank you for the information everyone.  I appreciate it very much.

I do have avocado daily as well as i put coconut oil in my tea or coffee..

I eat 3 eggs,  1.5  to 2 palms of protein.. eat spinach, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, peppers with my meals in one

way or another.. Also will have cauliflower, kale, carrots

I will try to do 4 meals a day to see how that works.

Thank you for the information everyone. I appreciate it very much.

I do have avocado daily as well as i put coconut oil in my tea or coffee..

I eat 3 eggs, 1.5 to 2 palms of protein.. eat spinach, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, peppers with my meals in one

way or another.. Also will have cauliflower, kale, carrots

I will try to do 4 meals a day to see how that works.

Your protein amounts sound ok, as long as you're eating them! Do you save your leftovers to eat later in the day? This would be a better option than snacking on fruit and nuts as leftovers are a perfect mini meal :)

If you are having difficulty eating a lot of volume, use oils or mayo on your food - this will up the fat without giving you huge volume.

Juzbo also recommended more calorie dense vegetables - many of the ones you've mentioned aren't particularly high in calories for volume. Perhaps try more starchy vegies like sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot to help decrease the amount of food you're eating. Cook the spinach (and kale) as this will get the volume down too.

Archived