"If you don't have time to do it right, you must have time to do it over"

amberino21

After 60 days of whole 30 compliant eating (and living), I'm hopping on board the reintro train!

I've thoroughly enjoyed not only the food, but the freedom of not measuring/weighing/counting my food or myself! My diet was fairly similar before, but I haven't really missed the few things I had to cut out.

Because of wanting to achieve specific physique goals (to start getting ready for our next competitions), this has to change. The thought of having to think about how much and what I'm eating again isn't fun! I actually had dreams one night last week - nightmares perhaps - about it! I will be reverting back once comps are over!

I'm planning on sticking to a similar style of eating - 4 meals a day, sticking predominantly to protein, fats an vegies. Some fruit. Protein powder occasionally - a good quality, unflavoured whey protein. Perhaps things that agree with me during reintro.

Anywho.

My first reintro will be dairy tomorrow. I enjoy the odd piece of cheese, yoghurt and when I drank coffee I liked milky ones! I don't think milk agrees with me though, and im sure ive had unpleasant side effects from icecream so i usually avoid it. I'd like to know for certain!

Ill be having some organic, natural yoghurt with me breakfast, A2 milk with lunch, and organic cheddar with dinner. I decided against doing raw milk, kefir cheese/yoghurt as although this may be better, it's not something ill have access to while out, and I probably wouldn't buy it to have at home regularly.

Ill be doing my reintro's on the weekends - it's easier to work them in this way, when I have more time to think about what I'm doing, and not worrying about possible bad reactions!

spending time rushing to a toilet!! My job doesn't really allow for that :P

I am a teacher stuck in a classroom, far away from a toilet for HOURS. I get one break a day, lunch time. So if I have to go, I have to wait till passing time and rush out while my kids are going from class to class. So urgent needs are a big problem that needs to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately it also prevents me from really drinking the proper amount of water during that part of the day.

I am a teacher stuck in a classroom, far away from a toilet for HOURS. I get one break a day, lunch time. So if I have to go, I have to wait till passing time and rush out while my kids are going from class to class. So urgent needs are a big problem that needs to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately it also prevents me from really drinking the proper amount of water during that part of the day.

Can you not have a water bottle with you in the classroom?

Haha...you ladies crack me up!

Sheba, I teach too - slightly differently situation, and more access to facilities, but I still can't just run off!

So, the yoghurt wasn't fantastic. I kind of enjoyed eating it, but it left me feeling very heavy - as if it was sitting in my stomach in a blob. I don't know if its related but I feel like I've got a dull headache.

I had milk with lunch - it didn't effect me like I thought. perhaps the negative effects I assumed were milk were coffee related?

I had some cheese - organic cheddar - on an omelette. That made me feel the same as the yoghurt. Heavy in the stomach, foggy head....slightly headachey.

I'm not sure ill be rushing back to having lots of cheese or yoghurt. So far I haven't had any adverse reactions that have made me gurgly in the stomach or running off to the toilet. I was kind of expecting that!

Today I'm doing a gluten grain reintro - I've never noticed having an issue with bread/gluten so this will be interesting!

I'm incorporating "mountain bread" in to my lunch - they're very thin wraps made with flour, water and salt. I'm just going to wrap some of my normal salad/chicken into the wrap.

PostWO I'm making a pancake with sweet potato, egg whites, flour and spices.

Lets see how I go with that! I actually couldn't think of a way to get gluten in to my breakfast...I didn't really try hard though!

Archived