Eszter's First Whole30--drop by & say hi!!

ejulian

• 4 weeks later...

Reintroductions were good; I didn't have a huge reaction to anything & so I was able to choose food in a fairly worry-free way when I was on vacation!  But now I'm back & it feels good to return to the clean clean lovely food that I'm used to and that fuels me the best :)

• 5 months later...

I'm baaaaaaaaacck!! I'm about mid-way through my second Whole30 right now and man. Sometimes it feels tougher than the first. I lapsed into some dirty eating between the completion of my first WH30 in September of last year and now...the holidays were a bit messy, then I lost a friend/coworker early this year which led to stress and a lot of stress/comfort eating. When I caught myself heedlessly plummeting into the abyss of crappy treats at work, I knew I had to put the brakes on--and another WH30 seemed like the best idea! Plus my fiance is in it with me this time, so that's more fun :wub:

Perhaps it's because I'm trying to be really conscientious about following the template, but my biggest struggles thus far have been Sugar Dragon eating--nuts and fruit and fats in snacky ways when I don't necessarily need 'em. It's hard to re-train my brain, hard to step away from habits... I also feel so guilty when I know I'm being compliant in LETTER but not in SPIRIT, you know??

I don't really expect anyone to reply; at this point this is more for myself! To be perfectly honest, another reason that I embarked on a second WH30 is to clean up my eating and perhaps shed some fat before I go on a visit to my family in mid-May. I haven't seen them since I embarked on the weight-loss journey I've been on since the summer of 2012, and vain as I am, I want to impress them. More importantly, I want to be strong and capable in order to help my mom after her hip replacement surgery--I'm going to need endurance while I'm there! And I also don't want to be tempted by evil delicious morsels while I'm away from home and under stress, factors that always lead to not-so-clean eating for me.

So I'm a bit discouraged since I'm over half-way through and still fighting that damn Dragon! I'm not giving up, but I'm not feeling sunshine and rainbows right now either.

Archived