Blueberry smoothie no protein powder

kirbs

First smoothie ever without protein powder.  It was yummy! 

Simple ingredients -

Blueberries

Coconut milk

Almond butter

Ground flaxseed

Day 8 Whole30 and I feel fabulous.  A few inadvertent slips that I've since corrected.  :)

Would be far better for you to eat the ingredients for the smoothie then to drink them. Drinking your food does not give you the same satiety  that sitting down and eating those blue berries, almond butter and the like would do. Plus, you would be better off having a real meal then just drinking the smoothie. Just sayin... 

FYI, smoothies are discouraged on a Whole30.  They want you to chew your food, vs. drink it.  Chewing/eating is also more satiating than drinking.

With a fruit smoothie, it's also too easy to overdo too much fruit in one sitting, vs. splitting your 1-2 fruit servings throughout the day. A fruit serving is the size of your fist.

You haven't broken your whole30 by doing this, but you will get the best results if you follow the template for all your meals:1-2 palms-worth of protein, 1-2 thumbs-worth of fat, the rest of your plate filled with vegetables (for me this is 2-3 cups), in addition to this you can occasionally include fruit the size of your fist or smaller, just don't let it push the veggies off your plate.

good work staying on track. it isn't easy!

Archived