I'm just not hungry...

RobinK

Wow... I am on Day 1, and am feeling the same way. I think the reason that we are feeling this way is due to the increased protein intake. What I am wondering tho', is it OK for us to skip a meal if we really don't want it, or force it in?

It seems logical to me that we should listen to our bodies, and if not hungry, don't eat.

Just hoping for a little reinforcement on that tho...

B

Hmm...well, maybe you are eating again too soon. Only 3.5 hours between a nice sized breakfast? hmm...I at at about 6:30 am and didn't have lunch until noon. So, 5.5 hours between meals for me, and I won't eat dinner until proibably 6pm...so another 6 hours. Seems to me you are eating 'lunch' at a given time because it may be designated, but your body simply isn't hungry yet and may be able to go another few hours.

I'm rarely hungry when I eat strict Paleo. I force myself to eat every 5 hours because I'm overweight and don't want to screw up my leptin resistance. Once I reach my goal weight, I probably will cut myself some slack.

• Moderators

Ideally meals are spaced 4 to 5 hours apart. If you are not hungry after such a length of time, there are two things I can think of considering.

One is that your hormones are out of rhythm and you are not getting timely signals. The most useful thing to do in this case is to eat anyway. Staying on track like Adagio mentioned is useful for getting your hormones into their proper rhythm.

Two is that you are not digesting your food and it is moving through your system slowly, giving you a feeling of fullness. The thing to try here is to take digestive enzymes to see if a little help improves your body's processing of protein and fat. Now Foods Super Enzymes are widely used in Whole30 circles.

Thanks for all the info! I think I probably had my breakfast a little later than I should have. I'm going to have to figure out how to eat before I get to work at 7 and end up getting distracted!

Thanks again,

Robin

I've never been a morning person, but have somehow motivated myself to get up 1/2 hour earlier than normal so I have time to fry up some eggs and veggies and have Meal #1 before I'm out the door. I'm finding myself more productive (and cheerful!) in the mornings at work, even without coffee!

Yesterday I was working on my computer and my son asked me if I was going to eat lunch. It was 2! I went downstairs made my lunch and thought, wow I was hungry! I just didn't notice :) I wonder if the lack of blood sugar spikes is another reason for this not "feeling" hungry?

I don't feel as hungry either. Last night (Day 7) I was eating dinner and just stopped. I was full and couldn't imagine eating another bite. I looked at my plate and only about half was eaten. I just put it away to save for lunch today. I stayed full the rest of the night with no desire to snack in the evening, which has been my down fall in the past.

I am on day 18, and I have been experiencing something like this, too. Actually, my body feels hungry, but my mouth and head just don't. Everything wonderful thing I make, I look at and think "yuck." Some meals, I literally have to force myself to finish. This is pretty unusual for me...eating is one of my favorite hobbies!

Archived