Dropped 15 pounds and feeling great!

Martha S.

Today is the last day of my Whole 30!  I know I should have waited until tonight to weigh myself, but I couldn't weight.  I've lost 10 pounds on the Whole 30!-- for a total of 15 pounds in 2 months on a paleo diet. (I did the Whole 30 because I was "cheating" on my own when I started paleo in July). I haven't seen this number on the scale in over 15 years!  I'm going to do another Whole 30 starting tomorrow. Benefits:  no more cravings for carbs or coffee; no more arthritis in my knees and feet; and steadier energy all day long. Long-term benefits include reduced risk for all kinds of conditions and diseases in 20 years or so when I'm a "senior." That's no small thing, considering my mother's history. Thank you, Whole30!

That's fantastic. Congratulations! I know that weight loss is not the primary motivator here, but it's the most quantitative thing we can point to. Energy and lessening of pain are subjective; a number on a scale is not.

I know that no-weighing is the rule, but I had to go to the doctor on Friday. Even though I purposely did not look, the nurse called out the number anyhow. I've lost 10 in 3 weeks. I've got another two and change left (had to restart after a boo-boo), so, while it was technically a no-no, I'm glad I found out. Super motivating for me, as I am sure it is for you on your next 30. Again, congratulations and bon appetite on your next round.

Archived