Salsa?

Kellyf882

• Moderators

I can usually find 2 or 3 varieties of salsa that are okay when I am shopping at Whole Foods. The Whole Foods house varieties have been okay, but you really have to read the ingredient labels because things may change or there may be regional variations.

I make my own salsa and it's really easy and quick!

I have a mini food processor that goes with my stick blender that I use, but previously I used a blender. Toss everything in and push the button. Last time I put in two tomatoes, quartered, bunch of cilantro with stems is easiest, some lime juice, can of green chilis, salt, pepper, onions if you want (sometimes I forget and it's fine too), clove or two of garlic, pinch of cayenne. I think that's it. I just play with it and taste along and adjust. But all I do is throw it all in and blend. I love it over any jarred salsa. But it's not really chunky if you are chunky salsa person.

• 2 years later...

I love making my own, and may do that today! So fresh and not heavy like many of the sauces and dressings in the book.

Pace mild salsa looks fine-- no sugar! but has "flavorings" listed as the last ingredient. Not sure what flavorings they're putting in there.

I was dubious until I read the label. I may try it again after my 30 days, since it's my daughter's fave.

I would like to make my own salsa but there's just not enough time in the day! Is there any brand of salsa I could buy that is approved?

If you have a food processor and about five minutes, you can make some awesome, compliant salsas!  The other nice thing about making your own is that you can make a huge batch, or a small batch, depending on how often you eat it.

Archived