Eggs -- Everyday?!

No, this is not another post about breakfast variety and inspiration!

Actually, I love eating eggs and some turkey, bacon, or ham in the morning! My problem isn't that I don't want to eat eggs everyday -- it's that I've ALWAYS been told NOT to eat eggs everyday!!

So what's the deal with eggs? How do you get past the mental block that society has ingrained  in us that eggs aren't good for you? And is it really okay to eat 2 eggs for breakfast almost every morning?!

I just think about how they've lied about pretty much everything, how much crap is sold as food, and how people back in the day who didn't have access to processed food, but *did* have access to birds eggs, would eat... I bet they'd eat them every chance they got. 

However, I hate buying grocery store eggs, so I'm fortunate to live in a place where local eggs are available most of the time, and lots of people keep backyard chickens for eggs. If I had to buy commercial eggs, I know I would have a different opinion. 

I have two friends with chickens for eggs, but it has been so hot out here lately that they have not been laying enough to share :-(

Any recommendations on store bought eggs, if that is the only option?

If you still live in Pasadena, have you tried the farmer's market? I'm so jealous of CA farmer's mkts...you live in a food paradise! (I don't know about prices there, though. I pay about $5/doz for local happy chicken eggs.)

Thnanks! Yes, the farmer's market sometimes has them -- but not always! I have to be more consistent with getting what I can from the farmer's market! I'm looking for a good meat market! I haven't found any in Pasadena, but I have heard there's one in La Verne once a month (about 20 minutes or so away)!

Thanks for the tips!!

Don't worry! Eating fat doesn't make you fat and eating cholesterol doesn't give you high cholesterol - inflammation does! :)

A good documentary that explains this is Fat Head (although I would have preferred them to use higher quality food to prove their point, but it does a good job with the fat/cholesterol point.)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived