Started Whole 30 7/9 - day 8 and I feel good am I doing something wrong?

Angiee

The first two days were challenging because I also decreased my coffee (with flavored creamer & sweetener) from three cups daily to one and I am only using coconut milk for flavor.

I was very very sleepy, but by Wednesday felt much better. I love to eat good food, but I love to eat junk food too! It's addicting - I joke that chocolate and donuts are my cryptonite.

I have been cold turkey on Whole30 since 7/9, but am worried because I don't feel "horrible" like I expected. Is too early? Is horrible still lurking around the corner? I really want to make sure I'm doing this right. I haven't had a chance to pick up the book yet so I'm just going by the info on the site.

I had thyroid cancer 6 years ago and a bit of a rough treatment period in the year to follow and have since had fibromyalgia. Dr. has tried A LOT of different meds but they make me feel worse (too many side effects) and I won't take them. He gets mad and tells me I read too much information on the Internet! But he respects my decisions. I would rather feel bad without putting a bunch of pharmaceuticals into my body than feel even worse by taking them!!! I just knew there had to be a better way.

I can't even remember the breadcrumb trail I followed that led me to this website, but I've been immersed in it since I found it. It's good stuff.

I'm praying that it isn't too good to be true. Please tell me it's true. I just want to feel good, no aches and pains or cravings, and have a good (awesome) quality of life well into my senior years (I'm only 44 now).

My kids squawk about the different food, but not so much when they're eating t-bone steaks for dinner once a week ;-) I tell them (boys ages 12 & 15) that eating good food is like putting money in the bank - if you don't do it now you'll be sorry when you get older!

It's nice to meet you all. Good Luck to everyone on their Whole30 journey and beyond.

Archived