Sprouted Brown Rice Protein

KarenS

I could not find anything in the Forum about srouted grains. I occasionally add a protein made from organic sprouted grains. I know grains are not on the list of approved foods, but I'm curious about the sprouts. I also understand that it is best to eat real food vs shakes, but there are times the shake is more convient for me due to my job. If the sprouted protein is out, do you recommend another protein source that could be used instead in a shake? By the way I add fresh, veggies (more than fruit) to my shakes.

sorry, but no. The W30 plan excludes all grains, even sprouted grains.

I know some people do better with sprouted grains, so you might experiment with reintroducing them after you 30 days, but skip them during the official W30.

There have been lots of discussions about protein powder, and the reasons Dallas and Melissa feel they are not the best choice even if you do find one that is compliant (egg, beef or other animal protein, no sweeteners or additives). I'm finding hard boiled eggs, W30 compliant turkey or roast beef and pre-cooked veggies (steamed broccoli/asparagus, cubes of roasted sweet potato, raw cherry tomatoes, etc) to be just as convenient as a smoothie with an added bonus: I can prep this stuff a day or two in advance, so the morning routine is even quicker.

Yup, just as missmary said. If you are doing a Whole30, then no. After your W30, you can try reintroducing them. I would really recommend reading It Starts With Food. Oh how my eyes were opened when I read it! Even the sciency stuff. :D

And as far as a shake, there's the inherent problem that you can drink more calories than you can eat. I loved having a shake in the morning. I'd whir up a frozen banana, some almonds, a bit of cinnamon in almond milk. But I was always hungry agan a short time later. Not to mention that the almond milk is not W30 compliant. So, I made a bunch of emegergency protein (ala Nom Nom Paleo) and I pack that up each morning for breakfast. If you are looking for a quicky pre workout something, how about egg muffins? Just make scrambled eggs in muffin cups. Add cooked ground meat, or bits of chicken, steak, etc, veggies, spring onions, seasoning. Cook them up. Nice for grab and go.

Archived