homemade guacamole

cup of tea

L= grass fed beef burger

broccoli

1/2 small sweet potato w/ghee and cinnamon

1/2 cup all natural applesauce

PWS = small banana

1 Tbsp coconut butter

D= Moroccan meatballs (from the Well Fed paleo cookbook - delicious!!)

cauliflower "rice" w/ghee and garlic salt

3 dried dates

Tomorrow's goal is to get more veggies incorporated into my meals.....

Day 2...almost there....sugar cravings were bad today, but I made it through. Even worse than the sugar cravings is my want of a warm, creamy latte....that is what I miss the most right now. Ugh....

B= Italian sausage, mushroom, onion, sweet potato mash

1 egg/3 egg whites scrambled

coconut oil

black coffee

L= Moroccan meatballs

cauliflower "rice"

applesauce (all natural) cup

PWS= Small banana

coconut butter

D= Tuna salad w/pecans, black olives, homemade mayo, jalepenos

snap peas

steamed broccoli

Hi Betsy! Good job on making a goal of getting more veggies in.

With regard to your PWS, try a meal sized easily digestible protein, up to a fist-sized portion of carb-dense veggies and little to no fat. Do not use fruit as your primary post-workout carb source, but rather choose sweet potato or yams or squash or pumpkin or beets.

Hope this helps…

You know what…I re-read your log and realized I made an assumption. Does PWS apply to pre or post workout? I am sorry. I assumed you meant post workout and advised you that way.

For pre-workout, include a small amount of protein (1/2 a meal size or smaller), and (optionally) a small amount of fat (1/2 a meal size or smaller). Do not add fruit or carb-dense veggies to your pre-workout snack. I workout in the evening and I eat about an hour before I do. My pre-workout snack usually consists of whatever protein I had for lunch and some avocado or some olives.

For post-workout, try a meal sized easily digestible protein, up to a fist-sized portion of carb-dense veggies and little to no fat. Do not use fruit as your primary post-workout carb source, but rather choose sweet potato or yams or squash or pumpkin or beets. Your post-workout meal is a bonus meal and should not replace breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is designed to help you recover from a high intensity workout. I like to bring leftover protein from lunch, which is usually leftover protein from dinner the night before and a yam or sweet potato.

Basically it comes down to this: pre-wo = protein and fat. post-wo = protein and a dense carb source.

As I mentioned above, I workout in the evening, on my way home from work, so I take everything with me when I leave in the morning. My protein is usually whatever I had for dinner the night before, add some olives or avocado pre-wo and add a sweet potato post-wo.

Chicken is usually a good protein…grill some up, cut in cubes and bring with you…

Day 3 started out pretty rough, but ended well! I woke up feeling super tired, groggy and very crabby. However, it got better throughout the day and I didn't even have sugar cravings today - woo hoo! I started keeping a calendar and every day I complete I put a little smiley face sticker. Hey, whatever works.... :)

B= 3 eggs

handful of peppers

black olives

ground beef

organic salsa (no sugar added)

L= tuna salad with homemade mayo, pecans, jalapenos, black olives

steamed broccoli

all natural applesauce cup

PreWS=beef jerky

teaspoon coconut butter

D= grass fed beef burger

butternut squash with cinnamon & a little almond butter

*I also made some ghee roasted nuts to take to my movie tomorrow and was just going to try a few and had a handful, so now I am feeling a little too full...ugh!

LOL, Derval - I know, right? :) My mom is actually a teacher and she jokingly told me to do it. She laughed when I told her I was really doing it. Hmmm, maybe I do need a trip to my type of "toy store"....like a massage or pedicure?? ;)

Archived