Starting Day 1!!

jaclyn

Hey everyone! My name is Jaclyn and I'm from North Carolina. I am starting the whole30 today. My reason behind doing this is to break my addiction to sweets! I find myself wanting something sweet after every meal-literally every meal. I know this is going to be challenging but I'm glad to see I'm not alone and I know the end result will be completely worth it!  

Hello, My name is Kisha and I started my Whole30 program today. I recently found out I was allergic to baker's yeast and corn so for the most part bread and the vegetable corn have been removed from my diet. I had not gotten as granular as corn by-products but will for this 30 day journey. My persona; trainer passed this information on to me as a way of clean eating for the next 30 days. I am eargly training to compete in a figure competition but have been stumped over the last few years post MVA.I will be visiting the site frequently for support and meal ideas. I have four boys with the eldest being 14 so I would like to incorporate meals that are appealing to them as well, they eat just about everything I cook anyway! :) Thanks in advance for the support and I look forward to making this journey with many of you.

Kisha, corn is a grain.  A lot of people react badly to it.  I don't feel like I have an reaction to it, but still avoid it for the most part. 

Jaclyn, good luck!  I've done a few whole30s.  It really helped me form a better relationships with sweets.  I still eat them, but I'm very satisfied with a small portion.  Most things taste sickeningly sweet to me now. 

I started my Whole30 yesterday! I was on day 19 on Saturday, and went out with friends for a very long period of time, til the early morning hours, and cheated. Then the next day my family had a dinner date with one of my husbands clients, and she does not cook for health, that's for sure. She even said "He told you this house has nothing fat free in it right?" I tried to tell her I didn't eat "fat free" foods, I just ate veggies, fruit, proteins, and healthy fats. But she just dismissed it.

I found out as well, that grains don't sit well with me. Especially if they are sweet. I immediately got a massive headache, tired, and my neck and shoulder pain flared up really bad! So I was definitely back at it on Monday!!

So far so good! We will all be here for support and motivation as well, so I can't wait to go through this journey with like minded people!!

Day 3 is a little more of a challenge than 1 & 2 was. We had a party for a co-worker and all I could eat was boiled eggs. Seeing everyone else eat Panera Bread bagels and have their casseroles with crescent roll crust was semi-tempting. I didn't give in not only because of this whole30 but because I know how that stuff makes me feel (not good!) and I know there are going to be more temptations during this whole30, saying no to this one will make me stronger for the ones to come! I want to have that "tiger blood" that the whole 30 timeline shows and I can't get there eating junk like bread/sweets etc. My meals so far:

B: 2 boiled eggs, 1 apple, coffee

L: Ground hamburger with taco seasoning tomatoes and 1 avocado

Surprising I'm not hungry and by this time I'm normally snacking on something! How is everyone else's whole 30 going?

Archived