What can I drink outside of water, tea, and coffee

K17duffy

La Croix grapefruit is my favorite, too!  So refreshing.  When I could get it, I also found the Polar cranberry lime to be VERY yummy!  All of the different herbal teas (peppermint, cherry, lemon, etc) are good, if you need variety, you can brew them, put them on ice & add seltzer. 

Haven't started Whole30 yet - still waiting for my book to be delivered but having been following a natural food diet for the last 2.5 years I found that I also got bored with sparkling water & decaff coffee.

My solution is to steep several (6?) fruit teas bags (I like blackcurrant) in hot water to make a concentrate, leave as long as possible - even overnight until the water has cooled, throw away the teabags, then bottle and store in the fridge.

When I want something fruity & refreshing I use the concentrated fruit tea topped up with sparkling water - fresh mint is great too or slices of fresh lime or lemon.

Ruthie

• 3 months later...

If you google "quench your thirst Whole30" you will find an article with several options.

(sorry, currently using a device in which I can't use links.)

I like sparkling water: plain at home, with a lime when dining out.

If you google "quench your thirst Whole30" you will find an article with several options.

(sorry, currently using a device in which I can't use links.)

I like sparkling water: plain at home, with a lime when dining out.

I am still new on this site...sorry.  Thanks for all the great feed back.   :)

That Quench Your Thirst article mentioned the flavored Pellegrino waters.... I never would drink those in the past because the contain sugar, reaching instead for the "healthier" diet coke....

I realize the sugar is fruit juice, but is that ok on Whole 30?

A little worried I'd just be feeding the need for diet coke....

although those Pellegrino waters are so good, it's hard to see that as SWYPO for diet coke...

That Quench Your Thirst article mentioned the flavored Pellegrino waters.... I never would drink those in the past because the contain sugar, reaching instead for the "healthier" diet coke....

I realize the sugar is fruit juice, but is that ok on Whole 30?

A little worried I'd just be feeding the need for diet coke....

although those Pellegrino waters are so good, it's hard to see that as SWYPO for diet coke...

I deleted the duplicate post. 

I'm 99.9% certain they are not referring to the San Pellegrino's that have sugar in them. They mean the sparkling water that comes in green glass bottles and is plain, lemon, or lime. The stuff in the cans is definitely not ok for W30.

So the "natural flavors" in la croix are considered ok?

Yes

Kombucha! It's my favorite drink in the world, and ok on Whole30 as long as there's nothing extra added to the kombucha after the fermentation (some companies make a drink that's kombucha and fruit juice). I was making my own kombucha for a while (it isn't hard), but I just found a local store that has it on tap, so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Kombucha! It's my favorite drink in the world, and ok on Whole30 as long as there's nothing extra added to the kombucha after the fermentation (some companies make a drink that's kombucha and fruit juice). I was making my own kombucha for a while (it isn't hard), but I just found a local store that has it on tap, so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Actually fruit juice flavored kombucha is fine on Whole30 though if you have a sugar dragon you might want to limit it. What is not allowed is kombucha that lists sugar as a separate ingredient. If the sugar is listed in the parenthesis ingredients for the kombucha itself that is ok as it is fermented out. My favorite brand is GTs and they are compliant.

Oh, gotcha! Plus, kombucha is so dang expensive, if I'm going to shell out for it, I want it to be ALL kombucha and not cut with juice!  ;)

Well it isn't really cut with juice. When you make kombucha you have a first ferment where the SCOBY eats the sugar and tea and spits out kombucha. You then separate that out from the mother and feed her fresh sweet tea and then you have the option of doing a 2nd ferment where you bottle flavoring (juice, whole fruit, spices, another tea, etc) with your kombucha and let it sit a few more days. It will continue to ferment and take on flavoring from what you added. Once you refrigerate it the fermenting stops (and starts again if you leave it out on the counter as I have found out on many an occasion). 

Regardless...drink the kombucha you like. I usually buy a mixture of the fruit juice ones and the regular ones.

I had the coconut la croix last nite and it was wonderful! It helped me be a little bit less jealous of my boyfriends beers :/

I did have a dream about some delicious sparkling lemonade... i felt guilty in the dream because I didn't know if it was compliant or not..

ha

Did you ever try Hint water?  When I was tired of plain water, I would buy a bottle of Hint water as a treat.  It is a little expensive in my area and difficult to find.  I have only seen three flavors.  I just now went to their website and discovered they have about 11 different flavored waters and Hint Fizz.  (You can type in your zip code to find where to buy it in your area.  When I typed in my zip code there were no suppliers but you can buy it online which is less than I paid at the local grocery store.)

According to their website  www.drinkhint.com

Pure spring water + a splash of natural flavor

• no sugar

• no diet sweeteners

• no preservatives, additives or anything else that you can't pronounce

They are a supporter of the Drink Up initiative

I have some blackberries, I am going to try to make my own and see how it tastes.

Beth

What's wrong with tea, I mean so many different type of teas to try, I think you shouldn't get bored that fast on tea. If you go in a tea store, you can also get just a small amount of tea.

I think for example chai tea is really tasty and gives a lot of flavor. Also I think different type of green tea interesting (my favorites are matcha and gyokuro, but that are both more expensive kind of green tea) I think tea is nice to, when wanting something refreshing. 

• 4 months later...

Today is day 1 of my first whole 30! This topic is great because I just can't see myself drinking plain ol' boring water for the next 30 days! I will look for the La Croix and are the kombucha sold at whole foods ok to drink during a whole30? What should I look for it not to have? I am so excited that I can drink this because I love it!

And are herbal teas ok as long as nothing is added to them, correct?

Thank you!

Today is day 1 of my first whole 30! This topic is great because I just can't see myself drinking plain ol' boring water for the next 30 days! I will look for the La Croix and are the kombucha sold at whole foods ok to drink during a whole30? What should I look for it not to have? I am so excited that I can drink this because I love it!

And are herbal teas ok as long as nothing is added to them, correct?

Thank you!

For kombucha, watch out for sugar in the ingredients list - that would make it a no no for a Whole30.

On herbal tea, anything that doesn't have soy, stevia, vanilla extract or other sweetener is fine.

Archived