Starting Whole 30 on Oct. 1st! Anyone else?

mamaellen

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in....with a bit of fear and trepidation! My last whole 30 was a whole 21 😒 about a year ago.

For September I did a cyclic low-carb approach but am becoming suspect about dairy...which will be the hardest part to let go of. But what the heck, it's only 30 days....it won't kill me! Good luck to all.

Hey all,

I'm actually going to be starting on Sep. 29th, but this is my first time and I'm really looking forward to it :)

I decided to start today, September 27th. Yesterday was Day 30 of my first Whole 30, and I am just going to phase right into a Whole 60. I have no cravings and there is nothing that I have been waiting to eat, so no need to play around for 4 days.

I must say, I feel my first Whole 30 was very successful. I lost scale weight, but more importantly I lost body fat and gained quite a bit of lean muscle. I have learned a few things along the way and I'll make the below adjustments.

My goal for Round 2 is to:

1. Drink more water. Tons of water.

2. Get more sleep. Much more sleep.

3. Continue to watch my portion sizes and stay true to the template.

4. Continue my fitness regime because I like how I feel, and I like what my body is beginning to look like.

Good luck to everyone!

I will be joining all of you too! I will be finishing my first whole30 in 2 days and im continuing on to complete another month. I couldnt get my sugar cravings/ late night snacking under control enough to feel fully accomplished with the 30 days. This time i am really sticking to the meal template to help fight cravings.

Hi everyone!  I did my first Whole30 in August and felt great, but my family was so happy I was "off my diet" that they helped me "celebrate"  with all kinds of things that were way more off road than I wanted to be.  So I wnat to do it agian, to shgow them it's sustainable for me over longer periods.  My goals for a second round are:

1. To do the Whole 30 without emptying the kitchen.  I previously banished all non-compliant foods from the kitchen (my husband kept a stash in the office); now I'm going to try it without emptying the cupboards and see how I do.
  2. To watch portion sizes.  I was great about being compliant and eati9ng "onj plan" but soemtimes I really overate!
  3. To add to my small repertoire of "be prepared" recipes for my weekly cook-ups.

I am also trying to convince a co-worker and a friend to join.

Good luck everyone!

Me!  I have been warming up to it, today pretty much was on-target but still working out the kinks. I've thrown all the junk away (and donated a bunch) and spent some bucks to redo the kitchen. I live alone, so won't have any difficulties at least at home until the kids come home for Christmas.  So I am set! My sister is also doing it (in fact she's the one who told me about it), so I am ready to go.

I'm doing this first to see if I can put an end to the horrid pain I deal with in my right toe - Gout has been ruled out, but I remain convinced anyway that something is messing with my joints.  I am about 15 lbs. overweight, and would be delighted to lose that for sure but I just want to feel better, more stable, get the crap out of my life, eat like I did growing up - my mom had it right, she really did, until the world of frozen dinners and fast food became the norm.  Sigh.

So, onward!  

I just completed my first Whole 30 and will be doing it again starting October 1!  Happy to be on board with you all!!!!  Let's do it!!! :D

It excites me to see people doing it again! I can't see going back to the old ways after this.  I think by the time i get through the 30 I will be too afraid to go back.   :)

Hi everyone!  I did my first Whole30 in August and felt great, but my family was so happy I was "off my diet" that they helped me "celebrate"  with all kinds of things that were way more off road than I wanted to be.  So I wnat to do it agian, to shgow them it's sustainable for me over longer periods.  My goals for a second round are:

1. To do the Whole 30 without emptying the kitchen.  I previously banished all non-compliant foods from the kitchen (my husband kept a stash in the office); now I'm going to try it without emptying the cupboards and see how I do.
  2. To watch portion sizes.  I was great about being compliant and eati9ng "onj plan" but soemtimes I really overate!
  3. To add to my small repertoire of "be prepared" recipes for my weekly cook-ups.

I am also trying to convince a co-worker and a friend to join.

Good luck everyone!

I did my first Whole 30 in August too and felt amazing after it. Week after week in September my off-roading deteriorated! And with one or two false starts for round two, I'm ready to commit to my second Whole 30 starting on the 1st!

I really want to stick to three meals only and no snacking. This is something I wasn't strict on during my fist W30.

Good luck everyone!

Archived