Starting Whole 30 on Oct. 1st! Anyone else?

mamaellen

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in.  I did Whole 10 and loved it but I let myself get derailed by a birthday celebration that a friend put on.  Hubby's birthday is on 10/5. but I plan to host, so I will have good food available.    I will plan better for social situations this time.

I started this morning!

Close enough to Oct. 1, no?

I've experienced "induction flu" from a low carb diet before, I'm curious to see how this first week will be since this isn't necessarily low carb. Low carb worked for me, but was not friendly to stick with long term, Whole 30 looks much better for long term, even though in some ways it's stricter than a low carb plan.

I'm starting October 1 too. My husband is going to sort of dabble with me, but not strictly stick to it. He hasn't done any of the research or reading so is still pretty skeptical. I'm hoping it will be a good jump start for my fertility and preparing my body for a healthy pregnancy around Christmas time. :) Good luck and good health to you all!

I did a whole30 in Aug/Sept and recently went way off on a trip to visit family. I feel awful and I am ready to get back on track and enjoy the results I had from my first 30. I was sleeping better, no cravings, got rid of my chronic fatigue, and I lost 16 lbs. I have learned grains and sugars are my worst offenders and after some bad reactions I think I can leave them behind. Ready to get started and feel great again!

Count me in!! This will be my 2nd whole 30. I just finished my 1st one the middle of September and my plan was to turn it into a whole 60 and this last weekend I totally blew it. So tomorrow I will be starting over! I have 2 kids and a husband who will not be joining me but I know thats ok because I have done this once already and after I got over the first 2 weeks I felt great!!

Starting today and going till Thanksgiving....which will be Day 60... so officially I guess it's a whole59!  I might go beyond T-day as it's not that difficult to make that particular holiday compliant....just makes a difference if I'm a guest or a host...

I did a w40 in August/September... and I have proceeded to feel worse and worse each week since I finished.  I never re-introduced legumes, but the grains and dairy knocked me down. Dairy (and/or sugar) particularly puffed me up and made me feel ick.  Unfortunately neither gluen nor non-gluten grains gave me an immediate reaction.  That would have made staying away from them easier. But within three weeks I was sleeping badly, regained the weight I had lost, felt puffy and ugly, and was super achy (feeling old) in the mornings again.  No bueno.

I just need a little extra time, I think, to get used to the new lifestyle.  Off roading is not as much 'fun' as expected.  Even though I didn't have any sudden tummy reactions, I still didn't 'crave' my old diet.  But nor did I want to do the work of the w30.  And that made me mad!  Because all the 'easy' food is crap!  Seriously, I didn't even crave (or super-enjoy) many of the offroad items... I just didn't want to plan and prepare template friendly meals.  So clearly being 'on board' is required for me to stop whining and just do the meal planning / chopping/ cooking etc.  During your first w30 a lot of people complain at some point about not enjoying food and not feeling like eating.  I certainly had more than one meal where I was just eating because I had to, not because I wanted too... Well that's how I felt off roading.  the SAD diet has been ruined for me because even if I did enjoy it a bit during, I felt yuck and knew why after.

Let's get it started!

Hi everyone!  I've been following a Paleo lifestyle since May 2013 and have swayed back and forth.  But now I'm ready to take it to the next level!  I'm starting my Whole 30 tomorrow and am super excited!! Can't wait to share this journey with all of my fellow Whole 30ers starting on October 1st!!!  Let's do this!

Yes!  Count me in!  Last year I did a Whole 30 in October and it was wonderful.  After a rocky start, I was able to endure and lose 22#s, but even better get rid of shoulder aches, and enjoy more energy.  I've been Primal on and off ever since (more off than on) so I'm happy to do recommit.

My fear of this starting has spurred a binge the past couple of days...how ridiculous! I'm ready for tomorrow morning to just get here. I'm nervous of the sugar w/d. I've got my food ready for tomorrow and even made coconut milk "creamer" to survive the loss of heavy cream. My co-workers think I'm insane. I just want or make it through the 30 days so that I can look myself in the mirror!

I'm starting October 1 too. I just finished my first W30 on September 24, my birthday, but stayed on it until Saturday when I had the cake, ice cream etc. that binge contined yesterday, and now today. I'm so ready to get back on board. This time my goals include NO ALMOND BUTTER! And only eating when I'm seated at the table. No more eating while cooking and sitting down full!

Archived