Starting Whole 30 on Oct. 1st! Anyone else?

mamaellen

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for October. I've been Paleo for about a year and did a successful W30 in January. Even when I've gone off plan here and there the last few months, I've always stuck to gluten-free, but lately gluten has been making it's way back in. I know I need to stop that in its tracks because I feel awful. Time to reset! I don't know whether it's good or bad that I've done it before. Good because I know it's possible but bad because I know it's a huge commitment. Either way, I'm excited to feel good again!

I'm starting October 1 too. I just finished my first W30 on September 24, my birthday, but stayed on it until Saturday when I had the cake, ice cream etc. that binge contined yesterday, and now today. I'm so ready to get back on board. This time my goals include NO ALMOND BUTTER! And only eating when I'm seated at the table. No more eating while cooking and sitting down full!

I second the no almond butter...good call!

don't eat sugar! The psychological craving might linger but your body will stop craving that ugly energy spike pretty soon. I also find drinking water helpful.

Hi all, I'm restarting my second Whole 30 - main goal this time is to snack less. To that end I'm cutting out nuts and seeds as well which were a crutch last time. I am getting over some kind of stomach bug right now so my first few days might not be quite on-template, but looking forward to 30 days.

Happy day 1!

Starting TODAY with my daughter.  This is the second time starting the Whole 30.  I went through this process in April which led me to follow a paleo life style.  Now 45 pounds lighter, healthier, definitely more active I'm jumping in again.  For those starting for the first time, be patient.  After about week two you will really start to feel the difference, by week four you'll be so surprised at what you have learned about yourself and your body. 

My fear of this starting has spurred a binge the past couple of days...how ridiculous! I'm ready for tomorrow morning to just get here. I'm nervous of the sugar w/d. I've got my food ready for tomorrow and even made coconut milk "creamer" to survive the loss of heavy cream. My co-workers think I'm insane. I just want or make it through the 30 days so that I can look myself in the mirror!

Hang in there, you'll do fine.  As someone who LOVED breads, muffins, pastries, candy, soda, cereal I was worried about the same thing.  I did Whole 30 last April and will start again with my daughter TODAY! I did have a few headaches the first week or two, then they were gone.  More importantly, the cravings went away.  Today, following a paleo life style, I still do not have cravings for carbs. Plan you meals, make sure you have water available (I always mistake being hungry when I'm really just thirsty) and tell yourself that this is good for you....and it is....BTW my co-workers thought I was crazy too, but 45 lbs lighter today...no ones laughing now and they are reading "It Starts with Food"!

don't eat sugar! The psychological craving might linger but your body will stop craving that ugly energy spike pretty soon. I also find drinking water helpful.

Hi all, I'm restarting my second Whole 30 - main goal this time is to snack less. To that end I'm cutting out nuts and seeds as well which were a crutch last time. I am getting over some kind of stomach bug right now so my first few days might not be quite on-template, but looking forward to 30 days.

Happy day 1!

I'm with you on the less snacking goal. I got through my first whole thirty but my bad habits remained in terms of mindless/emotional eating. And nuts/nut butters and fruit all fill teh gap nicely where cake etc used to live! So this time round I'm focusing on three meals a day and really want to beat that needing-something-sweet craving I have after every meal.

I'm in Melbourne so my Day 1 is done!  All good so far, looking forward to a nice sleep.

M1- kale/rocket/spinach salad with olives, peppers and 2 boiled eggs with coffee and coconut milk- here's a pic! http://instagram.com/p/e6f7RkNzEB/

M2- Chicken sausage, roasted sweet potato, the remainder of M1 salad and an avocado.

M3- Lean mince in home made tomato sauce with basil & olives and stock, with steamed broccoli and carrots.

Here's to day two :)

I'm with you on the less snacking goal. I got through my first whole thirty but my bad habits remained in terms of mindless/emotional eating. And nuts/nut butters and fruit all fill teh gap nicely where cake etc used to live! So this time round I'm focusing on three meals a day and really want to beat that needing-something-sweet craving I have after every meal.

I'm in Melbourne so my Day 1 is done! All good so far, looking forward to a nice sleep.

M1- kale/rocket/spinach salad with olives, peppers and 2 boiled eggs with coffee and coconut milk- here's a pic! http://instagram.com/p/e6f7RkNzEB/

M2- Chicken sausage, roasted sweet potato, the remainder of M1 salad and an avocado.

M3- Lean mince in home made tomato sauce with basil & olives and stock, with steamed broccoli and carrots.

Here's to day two :)

Where are you finding compliant sausage in Aus?!? I'm guessing at a decent butcher? I haven't looked especially hard, but I've never found a sausage that doesn't have at least one non-compliant ingredient :(

I'd possibly increase your protein at breakfast - a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold, that's likely 3-4!

Hello! Had a 100% successful Whole30 back in April, did a Whole21 since then, but have been on and off the plan all summer. I've got a friend who started her second Whole30 attempt yesterday Oct 1, so I figured we could buddy system it this time around and stick to it! Good luck everyone! If it's your first time around, stay on the message boards and Whole9 site. It helps so much to stay in the community and have the support. Be sure to surround yourself with positive and encouraging people. It'll make the experience that much more enjoyable. 
Have fun, y'all! :D

-Ashley

Hi, I started this morning 1 October as I heard about it all yesterday and thought great to jump straight on. :)

I have been following The Harcombe Diet for a year and lost 1.5 stone but I have now got stuck and need a bit of a boost - kick start.

Managed to break my right arm two weeks ago and have fallen off the THD wagon so here I am climbing on the Whole30. I have downloaded the shopping list and the meal planner and ordered the book - so I will do my best from the ground rules I have already learnt.

Maria  ;)

Hang in there, you'll do fine. As someone who LOVED breads, muffins, pastries, candy, soda, cereal I was worried about the same thing. I did Whole 30 last April and will start again with my daughter TODAY! I did have a few headaches the first week or two, then they were gone. More importantly, the cravings went away. Today, following a paleo life style, I still do not have cravings for carbs. Plan you meals, make sure you have water available (I always mistake being hungry when I'm really just thirsty) and tell yourself that this is good for you....and it is....BTW my co-workers thought I was crazy too, but 45 lbs lighter today...no ones laughing now and they are reading "It Starts with Food"!

Hang in there, you'll do fine.  As someone who LOVED breads, muffins, pastries, candy, soda, cereal I was worried about the same thing.  I did Whole 30 last April and will start again with my daughter TODAY! I did have a few headaches the first week or two, then they were gone.  More importantly, the cravings went away.  Today, following a paleo life style, I still do not have cravings for carbs. Plan you meals, make sure you have water available (I always mistake being hungry when I'm really just thirsty) and tell yourself that this is good for you....and it is....BTW my co-workers thought I was crazy too, but 45 lbs lighter today...no ones laughing now and they are reading "It Starts with Food"!

I am well past the breads, muffins & pastries (in theory), having been GF for over a year. What my issue will be is dairy! More specifically, ice cream! When I went GF (also LCHF), ice cream took the place of brownies and cookies (aka kryptonite!). My other drug of choice is diet Coke. Yeah, I know....it's poison! But it's poison that I CRAVE!Good luck to you and nice you have your daughter to journey with you. My one daughter is celiac but eats a fair amount of crap and my other daughter is vey obese, pre-diabetic, and NEEDS to doc W30... My husband is LCHF and supportive but will keep his cheese and cream, but won't eat ice cream in front of me, which is all I can ask. Good for you on your weight loss! Onward & upward!

Hi,

Doing my second Whole30, starting today! My first was in July and ended up being a Whole25 because a family crisis took precedence over finishing out the program but this time I'm pumped and plan to finish strong.

:D

Hi all! Wishing everyone good luck on their whole 30 challenge :) this Is my first whole 30 challenge and today (oct 1) is my first day!

I've been eating paleo the past 2 weeks but my good friend brought to my attention that I won't see results by eating lots of nuts and fruits ... Which she's totally right, I wanted something with a bit more strictness and structure and found whole 30 and am looking forward to seeing results with my weight- can't get below 153-155 for the past 3 years.. Even with nutritionist and every other diets help.. And I am hoping to see my horrible back acne disappear, if anyone has any suggestions regarding either of my goals I am all ears :)

We got this!!!!

My fiance and I are starting our first Whole30 today, too.  We've been experimenting with recipes the last couple weeks and the fridge and cupboards are stocked.  We've been a bit vocal about the Whole30 at work and in our social circles for accountability purposes.  Most people think we are crazy . . . I'm hoping their doubts keep us to task.  Looking forward to the ride with you all!

Hi, everyone! I started yesterday (because wanted to jump right in). I did my first Whole30 back in January, and I've been doing lots of self-experimenting since. I feel MUCH more confident with meal-planning this time around; taking the time to actually sit down, eat, and ENJOY my food will be one of my big challenges. Oh, and shaking that "I deserve a treat" mentality.

What an absolut brillant read, thank you jexes42  :)

I can truly recommend all newbies like myself to read the timeline - lots of good advice and wittily written  ;)

If this is your first W30, bookmark the 'Timeline'.  Being forwarned is helpful!  It doesn't happen to everyone exactly like this, obviously,  but it's a pretty great roadmap....

http://whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Archived