Day 31 and beyond

goingalltheway

When I started Whole30, I was in serious distress.  The pain all over my body was severe and I just prayed to God to help me find SOMETHING.  I have a friend who took the pain pill route and she is a mess and addicted to meds, not for me.  I am so happy to report I have lost 7 lbs and 9.5 inches, 3.5 from my waist.  Ditto to all the other posts about the victory of just completing Whole 30.  I purposely did not exercise to see if I could lose weight without it.  Today I will start exercising  to strengthen and tone my body.  I also did not take any pain medication, i.e. ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc. so I could measure the progress of pain.  I spent many sleepless nights in agony in the beginning but now sleep like a baby with minimal throbbing.  My Fibromyalgia trigger points are still extremely tender but I have high hopes my body will heal in time.  Another factor in starting Whole30 was my sleep apnea.  I have a CPAP machine and want desperately to be free of it.  I went to an ENT and he told me my tongue was too big and it needed to be shaved down, WHA??!!!!  After reading about inflammation in "It Starts with Food", it occurred to me my tongue might be swollen from all the inflammation in my body.  So my quest to heal my body is my new mission in life with my new found knowledge and hope for a pain free life.  It also seems like I added a of couple inches to my height because I walk with my back straight, shoulders back and head held high, not in pride, but sheer joy and gratitude to my God for directing me to Dallas and Melissa's book.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Archived