Tomorrow is Day 30!!!

This post is a bit premature but I want to be prepared for day 31 so here goes...

So I'm kind of freaking out. I see noticeable differences in my body as well as my energy levels. I have also noticed that my cravings for snacks and that after dinner treat are gone. I don't think my anxiety levels have decreased but that can also be due to some changes in my life (starting a new job, etc.). I do not want to undo all of the good that I have done this past month but I am excited to try to incorporate new things. I know I should probably reread the part in ISWF about that but I was hoping to get some "real life" feedback from folks here.

I think that dairy is definitely something I am open to putting back into my diet. I have given up grains before and while I noticed a difference, it was not as dramatic as this. I'm thinking that legumes might not be my thing. I used to eat black beans like they were going out of style and maybe my belly just doesn't like them.

I appreciate any words of wisdom from the experienced ones.

And thank you for the support over the last 29 days. I think the forums are such a great resource to have as a way to gain more knowledge as well as vent and get supported. I did this Whole 30 "alone" (my future hubby nor were any friends or family members involved) so it was nice to turn to my buddies here to help me out along the way.

Thanks again,

Jenny

Don't freak out, Jenny! Just take it one element at a time and experiment. You are not going to ruin all your progress in these last thirty days in a weekend of offroading

Most people love dairy, I know that I love it more than I should, so this totally makes sense to be your first offroad.

Just pay attention, see how your body reacts and move on.

I never loved legumes, so I never missed them and never added them back in. It's just not an issue for me.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Great job Jenny!!!! I'm still almost halfway through my 30, so I don't have any advice. But I do know that when I had eliminated dairy & reintroduced it in the past, I'd been a lot more congested and mucous-y. Like there was a lot of extra phlegm in my mouth that I didn't care for.

My journey to health has been a very bumpy road with lots of learning experiences. It wasn't until I attempted my first Whole30 that I discovered I was addicted to sugar. It wasn't until recently that I realized I have a milder, but similar, reaction to wheat than I do to dairy (which I know that I'm allergic to). I've even learned what throwing my Omega 3:6 ratio way out of balance can do to me, mood-wise. I learned this through trial and error and have come full circle. My life is literally a "Whole30" now with very little deviation. I just don't want to feel anything less than stellar most days.

You have to find your own path and learn your own truths to know where you should be. The best way to do it is to listen very closely to your body and learn from it. So right now, at the end of your Whole30, you feel great. So use that as a baseline you can return to when your experimenting is taking you down an unhealthy path. But once you've learned what you need to know, you'll be able to know exactly what you need to do and then all there is left to do is to decide to do it. Cryptic enough for you? ;)

Congrats!

My only advice is to really try and introduce only one thing at a time. I know this seems simple, but I tend to end up eating something like nachos with cheese or ice cream with oreos in it or having wine and cheese. My point is, I struggle only introducing one item (sugar, dairy, grain, etc). But then when I get bloated or feel terrible I don't know if it was the dairy or the sugar or the grain!

Good luck and enjoy!

Archived