Debilitating stomach ache

Helgahelga

I am on day 24 of my 2nd whole30 and for the last couple of days I have had stomach ache that is getting worse. On Sunday and Monday I took 2 Advils each day (I was cramping), is the only thing I can think of, but the pain is still getting worse each day. It is in the top of my stomach and my whole tummy is very bloated. I've stopped eating nuts in case it is somewhat related but the pain keeps getting worse. I used to get this pain when I would get very hungry but didn't eat for a while but i don't feel hungry, just the pain even while I am eating. I have tried eating more and adding more fat. I even are something between meses just in case it was due to hunger. Yesterday I ate

Breakfast- 3 eggs with machaca (dried beef) and about one sweet potato (everything cooked with plenty coconut oil)

Mid-morning I thought eating some would relieve my stomach. I had chicken salad (diced chicken breast, homemade mayo, curry, jícama, lettuce, grapes)

Lunch (around 3 pm, we eat at that time in México) one big plate of green beans with homemade mayo, one roasted chicken thigh and a big serving of coleslaw

Dinner grilled thin beef steak, huge serving of coleslaw and a handful shredded coconut

Today I had 3 eggs scrambled with green beans, and sweet potato and i just had a mug of vegetables soup with diced chicken

The previous days I ate pretty similar. Everything at home made from scratch, nothing Canned or processed.

I just thought the only different thing I have been eating for about a week is free range organic eggs instead of regular. My SO bought some hens and roosters to put on a land he owns so we could eat organic and free range eggs and chicken and last thursday I was delivered the first eggs. Could that be it?

Please if anyone has an idea of what the problem is or how to make it stop please let me know. I just want to crawl into a ball and i have a 2 years old to take care of, I really need to feel better.

I'm sorry you're in such pain.

Some thoughts:

- are you staying sufficiently hydrated?  Aim for drinking water, in the amount of at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces, daily.
- I wonder if raw vegetables could be bothering you? Consider switching to all cooked vegetables for a few days and see if that helps.
- have you tried taking a digestive enzyme?

If this is new and you haven't changed what/how much you're eating, you may want to go into the dr.  It might be something unrelated to food.  Better to get checked out.  Debilitating stomach aches aren't ok!  I hope you feel better soon!

It might be gas pains, which can be very painful. I get them from eating too much of the cruciferous veggies--broccoli, cabbage, etc. But if I only eat a serving of them once a day I'm OK. I am doing AI protocol, and compliant veggies are restricted to few choices. I found myself eating broccoli 3x a day for a while, and really got in trouble with gas.

Thank you for you ideas. I am feeling much better today, I didn't eat any coleslaw or raw veggies yesterday and drank more water. I bought some probiotics from GNC (5 billon cfu). Unfortunately the digestives enzymes they offered had either soy, milk and wheat, or sucrose. It is sad but here in México our options are somewhat limited. I hope the probiotics will help but today I already feel so much better. Thank you!

Try apple cider vinegar (the cloudy stuff - not the filtered stuff if you can get it). I've had some seriously painful stomach flare-ups but I discovered that taking a shot of acv (diluted in a bit of water) resolved the pain in about 30 minutes. It worked wonders for me. I think it's worth a try.

Archived