Rotisserie Chicken?

Sarah Campbell

Whole Foods Naked is compliant.

We actually made our own rotisserie chickens 2 weeks ago. We bought some great chickens and hubby did them on the rotisserie attachment on the grill. They only take 35-40 minutes. I let them cool and then separated the parts and put them in containers with veggies for work lunches. They freeze/reheat wonderfully.

There is another WF compliant one (Herbed, maybe? I can't think off the top of my head but the ingredients are listed on the label.)

Just check the labels and make sure there aren't nasty ingredients - they should be listed.  The ones at our "regular" supermarkets have sugar and sometimes even corn starch!

PS - One of my favorite things to do is make mayo in the vitamix and add the meat/skin from the rotisserie chicken and all the juices to make chicken salad. YUM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I found that the Kroger organic brand "Simple Truth" has a rot. chicken with the ingredients "Chicken, Water, Salt".  So that's what I use since it's cheaper and more convenient than Whole Foods...

I found that the Kroger organic brand "Simple Truth" has a rot. chicken with the ingredients "Chicken, Water, Salt".  So that's what I use since it's cheaper and more convenient than Whole Foods...

I saw this in the store and was tempted to get one until I saw the $9.99 price tag on it!  :huh:   I will roast one at home when I feel the need...  ;)

Archived