Starting second whole30 August 1st

LauraLyn

First whole30 was a breeze, have a feeling second will be a lot tougher! Looking forward to treating my body right and getting my health back on track. Glad the forum is here for support and will be visiting often!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait any longer- starting my second whole30 today and will be needing lots of support along the way!

Because as the healthier you get the more sensitive your body becomes to less than healthy, and down right toxic, foods, additives, and environmental factors, I have been feeling pretty bad as I've drifted further and further from the whole9 standards. Physical and emotional consequences are taking their toll and although I know I really need these next 30 days in order to get my life on track, the thought of withdrawal is a bit frightening.

Any advice from the group, particularly on what to expect on the second time around, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

Hi there!

Like you, I wanted to join the Whole30 starting but decided I didn't want to wait so I started again a bit ago for a Whole45.

In some ways my second round has been easier in that I know what to do. That having been said, I've caught myself veering off track at times. All of my food has been compliant but where I veer is in not getting veggies in with every meal or not getting anywhere near 8 hours of sleep and my body is letting me now that I need to get these things in line!

I've definitely found that using the Log forum is helping me to stay in check with myself on what I'm doing/eating.

Best wishes on your second Whole30!

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your post! Calling my attention to those aspects of the program where we can be compliant yet get off track was super helpful. It really made me think about how I want to do this, particularly since this is the second 30. I immediately followed your lead and started on the Log Forum.

Since I completed a whole30 earlier this year and ended up eventually letting foods back into my diet that have obvious adverse effects on my physical and emotional health, time to get clear on what my goals are, for these 30 days and most importantly, after. Last time I did not follow the reintroduction protocol, which I see now was a mistake, so will be sure to do it this time. During the 30, I ate whatever I wanted as long as it was compliant, giving in to snack cravings with fruit and nuts, and sometimes leaving out veggies or fats from meals. Going to focus on the finer points of the program this time and really pull it all together, giving myself the best chance to integrate this lifestyle and healthy relationship with food into my daily life.

Thanks again for inspiring me! Best of luck to you!!

LauraLyn - I started today. Was going to do August 1 but decided no time like the present to get started on this.

I had similar issue on my first Whole30. It was all about CAN I have this? Is this ok? Then Post Whole30 the bad habits returned over time...

This Whole30 will be more about SHOULD I have this? Is this what my body really NEEDS? Totally different mindset. I don't expect it to be all fun and games, but I put on my "big girl panties" this morning and I will do what I have to do. I want these dietary changes to stick because they are really the best for me, not just because M and D say to do it. :)

Best of luck to you for your Whole30. You can do this! You are worth the effort!

P.S. I am excited the forum is here this time too. Wasn't around for my first Whole30 in February. I think it will help me stay motivated and accountable.

Archived