Ranch dressing?

Revived

When I make ranch dressing, I take mayo, thinned a bit with coconut milk, a chopped green onion or 2, dry dill to taste, minced garlic or garlic powder, salt, pepper, and either lemon juice or ACV. 

When I make southwestern ranch, into the blender or processor with my regular mayo ingredients, goes cumin, chili powder, dry dill, onion powder, a small can of roasted diced chilies, 2 T or so of tomato paste, pepper and garlic powder. Process for mayo recipe and then thin before using with coconut milk. Yum!! I made this dressing over summer for taco salads and to dip taco meatballs in and yum! so good! 

When I make ranch dressing, I take mayo, thinned a bit with coconut milk, a chopped green onion or 2, dry dill to taste, minced garlic or garlic powder, salt, pepper, and either lemon juice or ACV. 

When I make southwestern ranch, into the blender or processor with my regular mayo ingredients, goes cumin, chili powder, dry dill, onion powder, a small can of roasted diced chilies, 2 T or so of tomato paste, pepper and garlic powder. Process for mayo recipe and then thin before using with coconut milk. Yum!! I made this dressing over summer for taco salads and to dip taco meatballs in and yum! so good! 

Those sound delicious! It also sounds like something those of us with "Mayo Fails" can use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.paleoeffect.com/recipes/paleo-ranch-dressing-paleo-effect/

I really like this version of ranch, it tastes like the package stuff.  I personally add a little less coconut milk to make it a little less runny.  It is worth trying, I had some nonpaleo peeps taste it and they liked it.  If you like creamy italian you can use Well Fed's recipe. It is awesome!  I almost love it more than the ranch or if I need a break from ranch.

Creamy Italian

1/4  cup mayo

1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic

1 teaspoon of italian seasoning (Mel uses Penzeys, I'm cheap I use whatever brand that I have)

2 tablespoons of vinegar (balsamic, wine, apple) I use white balasmic

salt and pepper to taste.

Archived