Post September 1 2013 Whole30

Marjan

@Marjan: I made ketchup before the Whole30 but it had (actually quite a small amoutn of) xylitol in so I haven't been using it much. I put it in as I wasn't sure it would keep well if there wasn't sugar but I think it might have been fine. I know the new WellFed2 cookbook by Melissa Joulwan has ketchup in it. Mine's on pre-order....!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TDC~~sounds like you did okay.  I don't like to eat either when I'm sick and run into the same problem.  I went out for Mexican (again) last night.  Had been compliant for several days and had planned to offroad.  Had a (very strong) margarita and then guacamole and carnitas and a little cheese dip.  The margarita killed me today and I have been CRAVING sweets like mad.

Sigh.  Sigh.  Sigh.

I have a wedding on Saturday night.  Think I'll eat before hand.  I'm the designated driver so won't be indulging at all.  Candy week is upon us.  I don't even like candy.  Going to try and not offroad all week.  

Need to prep.  A teacher I work with is on medical leave for emergency surgery and I'm teaching her full load for the next two weeks which means my home is going to be a mess because I want food prep to be the priority during Halloween !!

@Marjan: This is the one I followed, but swapped honey for xylitol: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.cfm/2011/6/1/homemade-fresh-tomato-ketchup I bought a load of tomatoes (can't remember the weight now) that were going squishy at the market stall for cheap and it made 3 bottles and 1 jar -- that's why I was worried about whether or not it would keep with the small amount of xylitol in. I haven't opened a second bottle yet to check (it was about 2 months ago that I made it) so we'll see. The jars were sterilised and properly sealed when I put the ketchup in. The bottle we have eaten is very good, although perhaps a bit thin, I should have left it cooking a little longer. 

This morning I made an apple chicken sausage in coconut oil. She was grossed out I was frying it up and I was like "do you think I lost weight?" she nodded and said a lot. "then it obviously works so please stop with the side comments. if you want to do this, do it, but stop questioning every step I take because it works and its simple." and she looked up from doing her makeup and said okay, but with this face of respect. And then she stood up for me when my dad asked why I was eating an almond butter packet (he ate all my avocados and we ran out of almond butter the other day - except this packet). 

YOU ROCK!

So it finally happened. I was supposed to fly out yesterday back to Boston from Miami but my aunts asked me to stay for an extra day. I did and this afternoon my great grandmother passed away. I got to her ICU room just as she took her last breath. I'm supposed to be writing something for either myself or my father to read tomorrow. It's kind of ironic but I am a writer and this should be easy, but I'm having a hard time getting anything coherent down. It's starting to look like the Odyssey over here. 

Today was the first day in 50 days I ate out of sorts. I had a small breakfast. Maybe have an apple sausage and a packet of carrots. Coconut milk in my coffee. We went to get our nails done for my little cousins party this afternoon and I needed to get my face waxed. I have hirsutism from PCOS and it grows like a beard. I go through cycles of wax, bleach, tweeze and that seems to be how it'll be for a while. My mom had me get it done at the nail place because she gets her's done there. It was a new girl or a girl she hadn't used. I laid down hoping this whole process would go fast. Forty minutes later I ran out crying. It started when she asked me if I needed full face and I said yes, so she waxed my FOREHEAD! Then she ripped skin off under my eyebrows and above my lip. She started to do pieces of my neck in these huge portions. She kept ripping and ripping and going "Oh wow you have lots of hair...lots like a man" over and over and over. Then she called someone else in to help her and they are both standing over me tweezing and saying it again and again. And I lost it. I have hypersensitivity. Diagnosed at 5. I feel EVERYTHING. You brush a hand over my skin and I feel each arm hair move. I feel my eyelashes move. I had to go to therapy to gain tools to learn how to focus things out. Now it only happens once in a while when I'm not keeping control. To go into a salon with a disease that already upsets me and am embarrassed about and to have two women who don't grow facial hair stand over me and repeat something like that over and over again after tearing my skin and alerting every nerve in my face that I was in pain was more than I could take. I started crying and trying to say no more I'll do it myself, but I couldn't choke it out. I lost it. My mom came in because she heard us and the owner of the salon is going oh they're laughing but my mom said no my child is sobbing. She came in and I'm trying to play it off as a low sugar scare just to get me out of there. I felt like I was seven again and the thread on my sock was suffocating me (we used to fight about my socks until we learned to turn then inside out). I got in the car and fell apart and she was still trying to figure out what was wrong and when I told her she got pissed and almost turned around to yell at them but I made her keep going. 

Anyways, that was a vent huh? My point was I ate a little breakfast and then ate at my aunt's after the death of my Baba and it was basically guacamole and steak, a few veggies, and four pieces of dark chocolate that probably had more sugar than it should have. But I was surprised at how apathetic I was about the food. I could have not ate. I only ate because my stomach kept kneading. It was awful. 

I wanted to cry while reading this post.  I'm so sorry.  But I want to say that I love reading your posts and watching you grow.  Just as you stood up and set a boundary with your mother about the comments re your food, it won't be too long and you will be able to do that with strangers.  You deserve to be treated well.  Period.  Try not to forget that when someone starts treating you poorly.  You're totally within your rights to nip it in the bud! Hugs!

@angela thank you :) She was a great lady. In Judaism we bury our dead very quickly and then sit shiva for seven days. I am lucky enough to work for a family that let me take extra time off to be with my family. It has been a great way to say goodbye. My cousin told me that elephants do the same thing when one of their own dies. We have gone to my aunt's house each night this week and tell each other Baba stories. My great grandmother was notorious for following us around with a fork to get us to finish everything on our plate, even after calling us gordo or gordita. An older cousin told me that when he was ten she made him and his friend lunch - challah and cream cheese. The challah was too big and he only ate a bit of it. She had walked out of the room and he went through the garbage, took out a Tropicana carton, put the sandwich into the carton and buried it at the bottom of the garbage. A half hour later my Baba came into the living room with the carton and the challah soaked in juice and told him to eat it because it was a waste of food. I think my favorite story was when I was five. She came up to New England and it was snowing, but I wanted to go outside. She came out with me, wearing a rhinestone studded baseball cap backwards and played basketball with me. She was 80 and 4 foot 8 inches and had a better jumpshot then most six foot tall men. She was amazing. The youngest of 9 children, survived the Bulshevik regime, Hitler's extermination of her entire family, and Castro's take over. She lived life for the rest of her family, for all those that weren't able to and I want to be just like her. To do just as much. 

I got on the scale at the beginning of my stay here. The numbers were well off what they are on the scale at home, but I didn't dwell. Yesterday I weighed myself again and I was 5 pounds lighter. I've lost almost 20lbs in less than two months and this past two weeks I've been eating a ton of chocolate. I won't weigh myself again for a while, but just seeing that the numbers are consistently going down. My mom was ecstatic and has stopped asking me if I can have this or that. I even bought smaller jeans and tank tops that are helping smooth the loose skin so everything fits better. 

I love you guys. You deal with my ramblings. I start in one place and end up in another lol 

@alexasaurusrex: Hah, the ramblings are good -- a peek into your mind! But in seriousness, it's obviously important to you to work out where, when and how you might start emotional eating. Again, that's why I think this forum is good because it's an outlet to think about these things.

I've not managed to be particularly good since finishing the Whole30 (which was exactly 4 weeks ago today, can you believe it?) I've not had a week straight compliant! I don't mind too much as, if nothing else, I'm A LOT more mindful of what's going on when I eat. On a day to day basis I'm generally fine (when not sick!) but the weekends seem to catch me off guard. And when I don't spend time at the weekend preparing food for the week ahead I get really bogged down in what to do. I didn't get round to it this weekend again but I'm setting aside time this evening as my boyfriend will be out of the house. This is what I'm planning to do:

- make a batch of meatballs

- make some meatza bases and freeze

- make a cicken tagine (that's for dinner tonight)

- make a pork curry

- roast some chicken

- make some mayonnaise

- make some stock/broth (they were out of beef bones at the butcher's I went to yesterday but she came out with a load of venison bones and said 'how about these?' They're mostly ribs, but some of them actually have some meat on so I can probably make a whole meal out of it! Deer soup anyone?)

- make some applesauce

Phew, got my work cut out...bit ambitious maybe?

I weighed myself this morning (I weigh on Mondays) and I'm up 4 pounds since October 1st.  :(  My weight fluctuates throughout the month but this is not the direction I want my health to go.  So, started my Whole 19 today.   Breakfast was eggs with spinach, tomatoes, garlic and onions. 

I hope to prep this week too TDC.  That is the whole problem for me~~not prepping.  "Plans are nothing.  Planning is everything."  So today I am grilling out chicken, roasting brussel sprouts and making a sweet potato to have in the frig.  Making salmon patties for lunch (fast and easy and two meals).  I have the mayo ready!

Trying to not feel too down.  Doesn't help.  The past is the past.  I really have to admit that I have to give up beer.  This is pretty hard for me too.  Drinking even one or two beer leads to crap eating though and it just is time. 

Here is an update from me. I have been pretty much compliant since 1 October. I have had some fries twice (but only a few). I have also had some non-compliant sauces with some added sugar.  The snacks I had were Paleo cookies and Paleo waffles with applebutter (yum yum).

I managed to stay away from Bread, alcohol, sweets, etcetera so am feeling pretty good overall.

The weightloss had more or less stopped so I still need to work on my sleep.

I weighed myself this morning (I weigh on Mondays) and I'm up 4 pounds since October 1st.  :(  My weight fluctuates throughout the month but this is not the direction I want my health to go.  So, started my Whole 19 today.   Breakfast was eggs with spinach, tomatoes, garlic and onions. 

I hope to prep this week too TDC.  That is the whole problem for me~~not prepping.  "Plans are nothing.  Planning is everything."  So today I am grilling out chicken, roasting brussel sprouts and making a sweet potato to have in the frig.  Making salmon patties for lunch (fast and easy and two meals).  I have the mayo ready!

Trying to not feel too down.  Doesn't help.  The past is the past.  I really have to admit that I have to give up beer.  This is pretty hard for me too.  Drinking even one or two beer leads to crap eating though and it just is time. 

I feel for you Helen, as I was SO there, derailed and sad and cranky and lost.  Check out the thread I started titled "I feel like a cranky, entitled teenager" in the Off Track sub forum.  Some of the replies there were really helpful to me.  I am feeling better.  I'm eating strict paleo and not drinking except for special occasions.  That equates to basically whole 30 style eating without the whole 30.  I'm sure I'll do another one at some point, but I needed to get out of the diet mentality and really deal with the way sugar was affecting me (including wine) and focus on getting back in control. 

Alex it is cool to see the progress you've made and how healthy you are feeling (outside and inside).  I've always thought the Jewish tradition of sitting shivah for 7 days makes so much sense.  It's so important to take the time to grieve.  Today marks 20 years since my dad died (at the very young age of 43 of lung CA).  He died the year before I got married.  Hard to believe so much time has gone by.  I used to take the day off from work to really honor my missing him, but haven't done that for some years.  Wish I could today, just thinking about it now.

TDC  prep is everything!  But I do think you're being a bit ambitious for one day!  How'd you do?  I think having mindfulness is a blessing and a curse!  I'm kidding really. Of course its obviously better to be aware and mindful of what we're craving and putting in our bodies.  But somehow it's increased my suffering!  Before my first whole 30, I never ever would have thought I even HAD a sugar dragon.  I read about that and thought "oh those poor people with a sugar addiction."  But once I completed the whole 30 and discovered life without sugary carbs, I realized that I was dependent on them.  And then, when I was off the rails, I got into this really junkie-like state where I was SO craving sugar (starting with wine, and going from there), and SO aware of it, and SO miserable.  In the past, I think I just thought of it as "having the munchies" or "emotional eating" or something like that, which it is, but it's more that that.  But mindfulness is a blessing because once I got control back, I still have cravings, but I can recognize them and wave hello but stay on track.  I've really discovered that alcohol decreases my mindfulness and control and therefore I need to indulge, sparingly, moderately and only red wine.

Thanks raptah~~will check it out.  I agree about the 'dieting' mentality.  However, I need to reset with this Whole18 I'm doing.  Mostly because it makes me more aware of needing to be prepared.  I mostly made poor choices when I didn't prepare for being hungry.

I really do need to lose weight though and can only lose on the Whole30.  I'm hoping the more I do the more natural it becomes. 

I left my lunch at home today :(  I won't get to eat again until 3:15 or 3:30.  Hoping it doesn't screw me up energy wise as I've got a lot going on tonight and this afternoon.

I just wrote half this post and deleted it by accident. Here we go again.

I checked my weight at the gym yesterday and I lost 15 solid pounds since whole 30 started and 20 overall. I guess my calculations were off at home. I ran a mile with a friend in the afternoon and it's amazing how much easier it was to run with those extra pounds gone.

When I got off the airplane on Sunday I had dinner with friends at Olive Garden. I managed to paleofy the food and had sautéed calamari without breading or batter. Then I had fish stew but a headache stopped me from eating it so I had it for breakfast and lunch yesterday. I am having small cravings. I have started to crave (not a craving like I'm used to but more like a creeping want) for sugar and chocolate. I can only think its from eating so much dark chocolate over my break. I think I am also eating too little and my body is craving the nutrients it was getting before. I need to prep this week and make sure I'm back on the whole 30 bandwagon. Chocolate less than 100% will be for special occasions only. I don't want to do a whole 30 because I want to get off the dieting mentality as RAPTAH said, but I do like the template and appreciate it. But yesterday I had a half bowl of fish stew for breakfast and 100%cacoa chocolate square with some sunbutter, then the rest of the soup and almond butter, I ran, and then a whole bar of 72% cacoa and a lara bar. Way too much sugar and I didn't even want it all. I forced myself to eat dinner- salad and sardines with olives. Very good.

Tonight I am going to prep:

- Cauli mash

- Chicken breasts

- Hamburger patties

- Sweet potato mash

And buy frozen broccoli for the other dinner nights. And I have bacon and eggs and kale for breakfasts.

I miss being at home where everything is easy but I'm glad to be back up here with the kids. My mom said getting back to the normal routine is the hardest part of grieving and I don't really have friends to turn to. The people I called my friends are turning out not to be very good to me. I can't stand constantly extending myself to them and listening to their every complaint only to have them not return my phone calls. I am okay being alone. I don't feel too lonely because I'm very close to my mom and dad and the kids and families I work for, but it would be nice to have a friend to turn to and be able to confide in them and not think they were going to stab me in the back.

Yesterday I managed to: 

- make a batch of meatballs (enough for 4 meals)

- make 2 meatza bases (enough for 2 meals)

- make a chicken tagine (had that for dinner yesterday; it fed the two of us for dinner plus lunch for me today)

- grind up a cauliflower to make cauli couscous (for dinner) and rice (for the freezer)

- roast 2 chicken breast

- make mayonnaise

- make venison stock

So not quite everything I planned but most of it! Today I grilled a whole aubergine cut into slices; we used some of it to on our meatza bases; the rest is in the fridge for general use another day.

All in all, pretty pleased with my evening's work yesterday!

@alexasaurusrex: I was sad to hear what you said about friends. I don't really speak to mine about what I eat as I don't really have the information at my fingertips about why I eat the way I do (apart from it makes sense to me!). It does make life easier when you meet people who are on the same track food wise though. My boyfriend is there with me, mostly, so that helps. It's taken me ages but I've finally got round to being a bit more friendly with some of the Crossfit people. Most people there do some form of paleo/primal eating so that's good. So perhaps that's going to be the way things go with you, friends wise! With regards to your food: it's great to see you working things out for yourself. Writing stuff down (like HOW MUCH chocolate have I eaten today??!) really helps work things like that out. I think the last time I wrote about how I probably eat too much macadamia nuts and coconut butter was about 2 weeks ago; and I've barely eaten any since!

@helen & raptah: I don't really see doing another Whole7/Wholeweekend/Whole30...whatever...as a 'diet' programme. Perhaps that's because I haven't done much dieting but I think because we all generally have the guidelines in mind most of the time, it's just a sort of reset button. As I've said before, I understand that each time you do a full Whole30 it gets easier, and you have less time between finishing and falling off the bandwagon, until such a time that it just comes naturally. Having said that, I keep promising to do a proper Whole7 or whatever and stuff comes up! But I'm doing fine so far this week...

TDC~~thanks.  That is a good attitude to have.  I like to think of it as a 'reset.'   I don't know with all the work I have going on if I can really pull off a Whole19 before I go ... but I want to be more mindful and make better choices, etc.  I think you are right about the more Whole'whatevers' we do the easier it becomes or more natural.   I am definitely learning stuff this month about myself :)

Actually, yes, 'learning stuff about myself this month'... so so true. I can't believe it's been a whole 30 days since we finished and looking back on it, I think that's the best take away for me. I've not been perfect but for sure I've been a whole lot better. Whereas before 'the weekend used to start on Thursday' (just had no willpower!) so the bad eating would start then, now I just have odd meals off piste, rather than whole days. And also I'm almost out of the mindset of 'oh well I've already eaten some rice/chips/chocolate, I might as well keep going and have a pizza for dinner'. No, I enjoy the chips (actually I haven't actually had chips but you get the gist) and then move on to a better meal later. So what I've learnt about myself is that I can actually be more sensible (not strict, or with more willpower, I still don't feel that's what's changed, I just don't feel like the junk so much!) and enjoy whatever naughty food I have just once and then move on. Although I generally don't think I've had bad reactions to any of the restricted food, I certainly notice that on a general basis I am less bloated when I stay on track. I don't NOTICE that I'm not bloated until I eat some rice or bread or whatever and realise that 'super full' feeling I used to have is actually bloating! I enjoy the fact that I can look over a good few days of eating and realised that I haven't felt 'super full' all that time and instead automatically know when to stop eating and feel quite satisfied. 

So yes, learnt stuff about myself loads, which is great. 

I made Paleo donuts today. They are baked in the oven. 

They were just disgusting. Sickly sweet (half a cup of Honey in 7 donuts) and I did not even glaze them. My kids liked them so they can eat them.

I imagined them to be a bit more savory. So when I make them again I might just half the honey.

Somehow I though they would be nice as a breakfast food, but I cannot see that happening.

My taste has changed as well I think. Find stuff too sweet more easily and I never liked things too sweet anyway.

Some Shoarma meat we had yesterday for dinner I just found disgusting while I used to like it in moderation.

@marjan yes you all definitely are :) I'm making paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins right now and they look awesome...hoping this isn't a SWYPO moment. I made vegan donuts that were terrible so I totally understand the paleo baked ones being bad. 

I haven't had anything to drink on my Whole 60. During shiva I did have a thimble of wine to make the prayer but that was it. The night I came back to Massachusetts I had about three sips of white wine and ordered a glass of pinot noir. I had a few sips but my head hurt and my allergies were bad so I gave it to my friend. Last night the family I work for did dinner and pre Halloween stuff. They do this thing called por la vida buena before meals if all the family is together. They drink wine and eat appetizers. The grandma asked me if I wanted some red wine and I said sure. After the first sip my nose got stuffier and my throat got really itchy. I thought, at first, that my zyrtec had worn off, but I drank more wine and the feeling intensified. I went to the bathroom and caught a glimpse of my beet red face in the mirror. My heart was a little a flutter and my throat just got itchier and itchier and nose stuffier and stuffier. I started to wheeze cough. I called my mom and she said I was having an allergic reaction to something in the red wine. She said it would go away on it's own but if I could take some sort of antihistamine that would make it go away quicker and make her feel better about the wheezing. I happened to have Allegra in the car so I took that and within ten minutes all the symptoms were gone. I tried to think back to the time I had wine last and remembered feeling stuffy and hot when I had it at Olive Garden. One of my friends even told me my face was really red while we were talking about something and they thought I was blushing. 

So now I'm allergic to red wine...not sure which ones exactly so I'm probably going to stay away from it for a while and/or always make sure I have Allegra with me to fight an attack. I can't and won't have beer because of the gluten and wheat. And most hard alcohol is off limits...

I graduate my crossfit on ramp and start classes Tuesday - I can't remember if I already mentioned that. 

@alexasaurusrex: yay to graduating in Crossfit! I'm still loving it, and my sister said yesterday 'oh you're looking toned Your bum! Look at your bum, it's so toned. I need to start going to Crossfit.' So yes, very happy indeed.

Things are tootling along nicely for me. I'm still not managing to keep my weekends Whole30 happy but I don't mind because I'm learning what is and isn't good for me. I'm VERY conscious that when I drink alcohol, my food choices are a lot worse. (I know, it's not news. But whereas I knew it happened before, I'm much more conscious of it). And I'm conscious that the food I do choose to eat don't make me feel great after. So yes, it's happening, but I still think I'm learning. Most of all what I'm learning is I need to have backup food in the freezer and fridge at all times so that when I get those alcohol induced cravings I just have to get stuff out of the fridge/freezer! Anyway, it's a learning curve.

I do feel guilty if I eat something I shouldn't (e.g. something cooked in vegetable oil, or some potato crisps or whatever) and I think, well how is this different from the guilt you get with dieting? But I talked my way through it in my head yesterday: the difference is I don't feel guilty because it's going to make me fat and put on weight; I feel guilty because I know all the food is causing my body damage. So I think there's where the success in the Whole30 lies: we're not eating the way we eat solely because of weight loss. We're eating the way we eat because it makes our body the best it can be.

I've discovered my favourite breakfast: baked avocado egg cups. Yum!

Another cookup planned for today, and this time it's even more ambitious than the last because I received WellFed2 (Finally!) in the post on Thursday and been waiting impatiently to cook from it! Here's the plan:

- apple sauce

- sunflower seed butter

- BBQ sauce

- better butter

- a new batch of ghee

- magic dust

- jerk seasoning

- turkish doner kebab meatballs for the freezer

- plain pork meatballs for the freezer

- slow cooker bbq beef

- italian pork roast (this is a slow cooker one too so I'll probably actually do it tomorrow night)

- scherezade omelette

- prep ingredients for semi sabich

- grilled butternut squash

- grilled aubergine

- roast beetroot

- roast a spaghetti squash

- cauliflower soup

I told you it was more ambitious than last time! But a lot of the earlier stuff on the list doesn't involve cooking, just prepping up a load of seasonings and spices. I'll let you know tomorrow how I go...

I had my first major "off-roading" event on Saturday. I went to a Sushi restaurant. 

The effects were minimal I must say although on Sunday my tummy hurt a bit and I was quite 'gassy'. Since I never did a proper reintro, I am not sure what it could be: rice, soy sauce, wheat? I was also quite hungry on Sunday.

Then again if that is all, I am quite happy to suffer that every once in a while. I am back on track now, so now major problems there.

Hi Ladies! It is just us ladies now, right? I finally have a moment to read up and check in. I am so grateful to have this place where I can be totally honest and lay it all out on the table.  I've been eating like crap. Total and utter crap and not caring one iota. I was eating crap I never even used to eat, like my husbands granola bars and cereal. Then there was the nightly ice cream that makes me face puffy and me extremely gassy. My food choices are directly related to how out of routine my life feels. When I have a good handle and things are running smoothly, I do just fine. Otherwise it's a crap shoot. Can I say crap just one more time?

Derek (my husband) has been spending a lot of time helping his step-mother clean out the house to get it ready to sell. I feel like a single mum lately, which is okay really. Lil and I get along great and I think she's a little more mellow when its just me and her. This is where things really went haywire. I can count two evenings where I had ice cream for dinner. Yes. Ice cream. It was absolutely horrible. I've been horrible. Eating just to eat. I know I was filling some sort of void with food. My sugar demon is very awake and pulling the 'I don't care, I'll do what I want' attitude. I'll be eating paleo till I can get her under wraps.

So I spent a lot of yesterday cooking and prepping and I have loads of beautiful paleo food in the fridge and freezer. Day one again for me.

Good to just get back on the horse :)  Or at least that is what I tell myself.  I realized I cannot commit to a Whole30 right now.  I am committed to do one in Jan though.  But now I'm taking it one day at a (sometimes rocky) time.  I have lost back to the end of my Whole30 at least.  If I can hold steady and keep my eating in check through the holidays I will be happy.

I have had to admit I have a compulsive eating pattern.  It is something I am going to have to work on to change.  Journaling seems to help.

Hi Ladies! It is just us ladies now, right? I finally have a moment to read up and check in. I am so grateful to have this place where I can be totally honest and lay it all out on the table.  I've been eating like crap. Total and utter crap and not caring one iota. I was eating crap I never even used to eat, like my husbands granola bars and cereal. Then there was the nightly ice cream that makes me face puffy and me extremely gassy. My food choices are directly related to how out of routine my life feels. When I have a good handle and things are running smoothly, I do just fine. Otherwise it's a crap shoot. Can I say crap just one more time?

Derek (my husband) has been spending a lot of time helping his step-mother clean out the house to get it ready to sell. I feel like a single mum lately, which is okay really. Lil and I get along great and I think she's a little more mellow when its just me and her. This is where things really went haywire. I can count two evenings where I had ice cream for dinner. Yes. Ice cream. It was absolutely horrible. I've been horrible. Eating just to eat. I know I was filling some sort of void with food. My sugar demon is very awake and pulling the 'I don't care, I'll do what I want' attitude. I'll be eating paleo till I can get her under wraps.

So I spent a lot of yesterday cooking and prepping and I have loads of beautiful paleo food in the fridge and freezer. Day one again for me.

I am not sure if it is just ladies left. I am not sure who is still actively reading here?

Archived