Post September 1 2013 Whole30

Marjan

I'm really trying to focus on all the aspects of the Whole9 right now.  I have made myself go to bed when my kids do (or shortly after) and my house is a mess but I feel better and thus am making better eating choices.

Yesterday I was rushing around in the morning and decided to 'get ahead' on the laundry and ending up washing (and ruining) my IPOD (which has about 200+ books on it that I borrowed from the library that I love to listen to).  I decided it was because I was rushing that it happened (I actually had a weird feeling when I was tossing in my cargo pants, should have listened to it) and that I need to slow down more and just be.

I sent all the Halloween candy with my husband today.  I don't even like candy and it was messing with me having it around. 

Well, with that said...off to the races!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still here! Lol, obviously. Today is my second day of crossfit group classes. Still terrified but I'm loving the small class at 9 am and how friendly everyone is. Monday was my first class and I sat on a bench waiting and every one came up and said hello and asked me my name. It was awesome. The workout was scaled for me. I PRed my deadlift at 95lbs. The class did 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1of deadlifts and burpee pullups. I was instructed to do 10-8-6-4-2 of deadlifts and burpees - no pullups. It was a hard six minutes but I could have done more. Today is going to be hard but I know I can get through it so I'm hoping they don't scale it. This is the first week of half marathon training. I made my schedule yesterday and will basically be trying to stick to M - off, Tuesday and Thursday - crossfit, Wed, Fri, Sun - running, and Saturdays - easy walk/or off depending on how I feel. I also started the 21 day sugar detox challenge on Monday. The only difference between it and Whole 30 is the fruits I can have. They've been cut down to only green tipped bananas, grapefruit, lemon, and limes. You get to modify the program so if you aren't paleo you can have milk, etc. I can have a starchy carb each day though (like sweet potato) but only once a day, if I run I might have it twice a day and it's still okay. I made these awesome carrot pumpkin spice muffins but they have coconut flour in them and I think my stomach can't take it. It gets really crampy if I eat too much of it in one sitting. Anyone else have that problem?

@alex~~I prefer coconut flour so not sure.  The 21 sugar detox looks great.  I should do that too one day. 

I'm holding my own.  Some days are better than others.   Still planning on a Whole30 in January if anyone is in!

• 4 weeks later...

So the 21dsd was a wash. I managed two weeks. My stomach was always uncomfortable. I had too much coconut flour and it just wrecked my stomach. Not being able to have fruit was just not fun. I decided I'd rather be happy and eat fruit and dark dark chocolate as a paleo instead of taking it all away. I miss you guys! I realized it's been almost a month since anyone's been on here. Hope you guys are all doing well!

I am doing a January Whole 30.  That is my plan every year.  I felt terrible for a week after Thanksgiving.  I think it was all the grains and dairy plus just overconsumption.  Doing okay during the week.  Letting the parties and celebrations be those and not worrying about it.

I'm down for another whole 30 in January! I ate off paleo on Thanksgiving. I needed pie and I got so sick for two days afterward. Saturday night I had pizza for the first time in four months. Didn't taste very good but I didn't get too sick afterwards. Today is my first real reintro to dairy and it's going okay so far. Just assuming I'll get sick at some point and won't be able to have it. We'll see. I'm gonna give it a good shot though. 

@helen I know what you mean about the celebrations. Both time I ate junk it was only because I was at a party or holiday and I didn't let myself feel guilty about it. I think that's a big plus based on how I was before.

@marjan good luck! I hope you feel better!

• 3 weeks later...

I joined this thread:  http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14967-whole-30-starting-jan-1/

I did a Whole 30 last January with the person who started it so figured that was good luck :)   

I also have a FB group of friends that I started and hopefully that will be good support too (I did that in September as well).   

Hopefully the new thread will be as great as y'all were :)

Hi guys! I'm starting my Whole30 on 8 January, this time with my other half! It's likely to only be a 28 day one, though, as 6 February is his birthday and he will NOT be impressed if he can't have a drink! However we'll see where we are when we come to it -- since it's not a weekend he might be persuaded to keep it up just for two more days, especially if I make a really special meal, perhaps with a SWYPO but compliant dessert/cake.

I can't start before because my dad is still visiting (leaves on 12th) and since I see him only twice a year it seems a bit of a shame to ruin the visit by being picky and annoying about food. However, I'm feeling MUCH more prepared this time than last time, probably because I just have a better sense of what food I like. I'm better at breakfast food as well, I think. Plus I've got Well Fed 2 and Nom Nom Paleo cookbooks which have really inspired me. I've tagged them with postit notes and am going to have a detailed chart of all the food I can/want to cook for the month so meal planning each week should be much easier. Basically the main thing I learnt from the last one is BE PREPARED!

Anyway, I'll be sorry to not follow your progress but wish you (all) all the best! Hopefully I'll find an equally supportive thread starting on the same day.

Happy new year everyone -- here's to a healthy 2014!

Archived