Day 1 Tomorrow

vegetablecupcakes

I have been creeping on here for a while, and did 10 Days of Whole 30 in August before I quit. BUT....tomorrow is Day 1 and though it will be rather easy for our 3 year old son, our 8 year old daughter is going to be though cookie to crack. She has gotten better in recent months with her father and I going Paleo, but her breakfast go to is a bagel, or waffles. I told her she had to have REAL Maple Syrup from now on and not the other crap we have been buying. Needless to say she has not have waffles in two weeks. 

So my question is, with out my daughter getting bored with her lunches any suggestions on different lunches I could send her with? We have a Bento box for her, and she eats mainly apples, pickles, oranges, cucumber, sausages, sandwich (only lettuce, meat, and homemade mayo), bacon among her "snacks" We allow her to have one. She is a tough one and has been picky since she started eating. 

Thanks. 

would she eat muffins?  Nom Nom does a prosciutto egg and Well Fed a meat and spinach recipe but I often do them using random leftover veg/meat and style them as "cakes/muffins" with brightly coloured sillcone wrappers, which seem to appeal - although I too have a young son so they are easier to hoodwink! 

A new favorite breakfast of my son's (he is 2 1/2) is banana almond butter 'wiches. I slice the banana length wise, smear a T or so of almond butter on the banana and put it back together and cut it up. I think it would be good in flaked unsweetened coconut too. Would something like that work for your daughter?

Archived