cool portable salad dressing container

GFChris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[...] I know some folks use old spice containers to bring their own dressing to restaurants [...]

I found this thread specifically looking for a nice way to take salad dressing on the go.  I almost had a heart attack when I read your post!  OLD SPICE?!?!?   ;-)

post-39448-0-68433900-1390513702_thumb.j

I found this thread specifically looking for a nice way to take salad dressing on the go.  I almost had a heart attack when I read your post!  OLD SPICE?!?!?   ;-)

attachicon.gifold+spice+bottle.jpg

:) How funny would that be if a bunch of Whole30ers in a restaurant whipped out Old Spice containers when their salad arrived?

Can you put something thick in it, like a salsa? 

What kind of hole does it have?

Anyone else find cool containers like this?

What do you put in yours?

lol @ "old spice"

You probably could put salsa in it: the opening is about an inch in diameter. You'd need to take the cap off to dispense: the opening built into the cap is similar to a salad dressing bottle: allows a drizzle. The container holds about 1/4 c liquid, so it wouldn't be much salsa.

Beware - that container does not like airline travel!  I bought one to put in my liquids travel bag so that I could have salad dressing at the airport and it leaked all over everything!  My shampoo bottle smelled like Italian dressing for days!

I use these now: http://www.rei.com/product/402056/nalgene-polyethylene-bottle-2-fl-oz

They are designed for camping and being carried in a backpack in potential extreme conditions so they hold up to just about everything. Inexpensive, food grade, leak proof, lightweight and durable.

Archived